“Amazing getaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fogelsville
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I suprised my hunny with the mid-week escape package. The staff helped me keep ut a surprise and came to my room to show me how to work the fireplace and whirlpool. The dinner was good but not worth the money if it wasn't included in the package. I wasn't a fan of the limited choices. The setting was very romantic and comfortable. My waitress forgot my drink until the end of the meal, however it was then given to me for free. Breakfast was by far the most amazing meal I've had in a very long time. The morning staff had a wonderful personality and was so accommodating. We will definitely be coming back, but I will probably skip there dinner

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I booked the mid-week escape package which included a three course dinner for two. I have to start off by saying that the staff was the most pleasant, welcoming, and knowledgeable group of people we have ever come across. They all went above and beyond to make our stay the most enjoyable we have ever experienced. They accommodated every request we made, and there were quite a few!

We stayed in a queen whirlpool room in the main barn and it was absolutely lovely. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable, the shower had five heads and plenty of room for two, and the whirlpool located in the sun room was exactly how it's pictured. The charm of our room (#24) was incredible and also had a private rear entrance. While we were in the lowest category of rooms on the property, it certainly did not feel that way. I doubt you can go wrong with any room on the property. We did checkout the fitness center, which has everything one would require, and walked the various trails. The property is gorgeous.

We were visiting nearby Vynecrest Winery when we called to see if we could check-in early as we wanted to watch the NCAA games. We were told that if our room was not ready when we arrived that they would be more than happy to open the pub early for us so we could enjoy a cocktail and watch the games. Well, that's exactly what we ended up doing (even though our room was available when we arrived, they opened the pub early for us, and were able to relax and enjoy a roaring fire). We also were able to change our dinner reservation from the main dining room that evening to the pub and we had no problem ordering off of the dinner menu.

Both the dinner and breakfast menus are fantastic. The farm to table freshness is something we do not get to experience very often and is remarkable. If we lived closer, we would definitely put Glasbern on our restaurant rotation. We loved that breakfast is served in the dining room at individual tables. In addition to ordering from a menu, coffee, tea, juice, fruit, yogurt, granola, scones, etc., are also all available at different serving stations. Those who enjoy a good cup of coffee will not be disappointed. The complimentary USA Today is also a nice touch. Both the dinner and breakfast menus have more than enough offerings for anyone's palate.

If you are on the fence about booking a room, go ahead and click confirm, you will not be disappointed. We cannot wait to return.

Thanks to the staff for a much needed and relaxing getaway!

Room Tip: If you are looking for NO overhead noise, do NOT book the main barn whirlpool rooms as they are dire...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very friendly staff - will help you with anything they can. Stayed in upper Carriage House room. Plenty of space. Queen-sized Sleep Number bed. Small fridge in closet for drinks and snacks. Wood-burning fireplace with fully supply of high-quality firewood nearby. Whirlpool tub perfect for two. Comfy robes. Excellent shower with overhead showerhead and hand attachment which operate simultaneously, plenty of room for two. High volume of very hot water. No couch or alternate seating in this room. Two small chairs. Beautiful property. Feels secluded but is right in the Lehigh Valley with shops and gas stations nearby. Very convenient to Philadelphia area. Complimentary breakfast included in stay. Includes the usual coffee, juice, fruit and cereal but can also order delicious hot breakfast (still complimentary), including farm fresh eggs, homemade sausage and bacon, potatoes. Or something sweet like french toast, pancakes or waffles.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just back from a cozy birthday weekend at Glasbern. We spent one night in the very spacious, charmingly upscale rustic Stable Deluxe Suite and the send night in the smaller, but still very nice Upper Carriage House suite. The rooms are tastefully decorated without overdoing the whole country thing. The whirlpool tubs are fabulous. I do think the Stable bathroom could use a bit of an updating or redesign, as there's a ridiculous amount of wasted space and doesn't feel quite as high-end as I expect for a room in that price range, but it's a minor quibble.

Dinner at the restaurant was excellent and both breakfasts (which are included in the overnight rate) were very tasty. Menu feature meats (and veggies, when in season) that come right from the farm.

Every single member of the staff that we had contact with was extremely pleasant, cheerful, and very helpful.

We didn't get to do any exploring of the grounds, as it was still snow-covered and we hadn't brought the proper boots, but the overall setting is gorgeous.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Glasbern Inn for Valentine's Day - what a fantastic place. We stayed in the Farmhouse in a room that was perfectly maintained and lovely. The bed was comfortable and the facilities perfect for relaxation. While we had an opportunity to see a very small portion of the grounds (due to a 20-inch snow storm the day before), it is obvious that everything is well kept. For dinner, we ate in their main dining room which is in a renovated barn. The food is farm to table and the meal is one of the best we've ever had in a B&B. The service was also outstanding. We will certainly go back for romantic getaways and hopefully, in warmer weather, with our family so we can explore the 100+ acres of property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife booked us night in the stable suites deluxe room. Walking there was rough, recently we had a lot of snow and only a very narrow path was shoveled out to get to our room. No wider than a snow shovel. First impression of the room was great. Lots of space, huge bathroom, jacuzzi tub and shower, nice TV and couch, it looked great. It smelled a little smokey but we were warned that the fireplace might smoke a little bit at first so make sure we kept the door or window open for air. The first test was the shower and it was awesome! Great pressure. But then the heated towel rack didn't work. No problem, we put on our robes and went to start a fire. They provided newspaper, wood and a starter log. It started fine but the room did get pretty smokey, as if the chimney was not drawing the smoke up correctly. I did heat the flue but the wood was also wet. It smoldered and sizzled and you can tell it was not seasoned. I've been using a wood burning stove for over 30 years, you know when wood is dry or not. Because of this the room smelled even smokier and made our clothes stink and gave me a headache.

Not to dwell on it we went for dinner in the pub. We were disapointed to find out that we could not order from both the restuarant menu and the pub menu, it had to be one of the other. We both got burgers which were good but the fries were nothing to get excited about. Shoestring fries? Not the quality I would expect.

We went back to the room for a soak in the jacuzzi tub. Lots of room for the wife and I, if it weren't for the room still smelling smokey it would have been very relaxing. The bed was great, the sheets were the softest I have ever slept in.

Breakfast was better than dinner, we had the french toast and an omelette. The french toast was excellent, the omelette was fine except that none of the vegetables on the inside were cooked. Completely raw. They had enough other options to chose from that it wasn't a problem.

While it was very nice for the price we paid I don't anticipate going back to the hotel or restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
dave g, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Evidently the last load of wood we got was not seasoned correctly. We will get a new supplier. The walks and towel rack is a maintenance problem which we will address. We will change our policy and offer our guests both menus when seated in the pub. All vegetables used in omelet will be pre cooked.
Lancaster County, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night recently for a quick romantic getaway for my birthday. We booked the farmhouse suite. We live in Lancaster county PA so this was a little over an hour away for us. It was everything we had hoped for! Cozy, warm, relaxing, quaint, romantic and more! On arrival the girls were very nice getting us checked in a welcoming us. The Inn keeper introduced herself and came to the room to show us around. We were a bit disappointed at first because we expected a real wood burning fireplace, but it was a gas one. No problem we were moved right away to the lower farmhouse suite, which I loved even more (I have pics of both).

The room was large, lots of comfy seating, an huge jetted tub, steam shower, double sided wood burning fireplace, which was so cozy for a cold winter night!

We had made reservations prior to arrival for dinner onsite. We were a bit nervous to be honest. SOme of the reviews I read on the way to the Inn were not that great for the restaurant. We are foodies and get out quite often and I must say the food was AMAZING!!!!! I was told there was a new chef, so maybe that has something to do with it. The restaurant ambiance was perfect! There were original farmhouse beams, great soft lighting, a shalestone wall, fireplace, glass windows overlooking the property on one whole wall, wooden tables and small intimate booths. The food was presented beautifully and tasted soooo fresh! I love the farm to table ways they practice here!!! Everything they can they grow and raise onsite and off season still buy organic.

Hubby had a delish new salad they had just created with perfectly thin sliced fruits, grass fed chicken with a scallion and butter garlic sauce and I had the asparagus soup and roasted vegetable risotto. Every bite was incredible! I finished it off with creme brulle and my hubby had apple bread budding which he enjoyed.

Breakfast was just as fresh and amazing! I was shocked at the menu of choices you get and its all included.

We took a nice stroll around the snow covered grounds after breakfast. Our only regret was not staying longer. In the summer they have an outdoor pool too. We plan to return in the summer again for another getaway and this hidden gem not far from home!!!

Room Tip: Cant get a bad one! Id suggest asking for one with a real fireplace.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RN1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fogelsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem
Renaissance Allentown Hotel
Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West

Been to Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown? Share your experiences!