Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
$85
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West(Allentown)(Great Value!)
$87
Fairfield Inn
$110
$110
$70
All reviewsfarm to tablesleep number bedjacuzzi tubblueberry sconeslehigh valleyromantic getawaycarriage house suitecouple's massagegas fireplacemain buildinglocal winerieswet bargarden cottagemodern amenitiesbeautiful roomincluded breakfastpackhouse suite
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I needed a quick getaway before the holidays, the natural country atmosphere was a welcome change from our daily routine. The staff was warm and friendly, attentive to our needs.Our room was fantastic, with a steam shower and fireplace. Although it rained while we were there, we just relaxed and read in our room. We also did a couples massage, that was a first for my spouse. But he thoroughly enjoyed it. The dinner and breakfast was outstanding !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robin H
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Glasbern was chosen as the residence for a number of conference attendees coming to the area. We were very pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the place, nestled between hills with grazing cattle and sheep (part of the hotel property) - a picture of tranquility.

Our room was #78, and if you want one of the best rooms on the property, ask for this one. Very large, with a king bed, Jacuzzi tub (I swear could fit 4 people), fireplace, large bathroom and huge shower. As mentioned in some of the other reviews, there is a cook-to-order breakfast included with the room rate.

The staff was very helpful with suggestions for the area, and eager to accommodate requests. There is a good exercise facility on-site, as well as a spa. There are walking trails through the property. We did not get to use the spa, but the offerings looked to be in line with what one would expect at a getaway hotel / retreat.

For business meetings, the room set-ups are very good, with spacious conference rooms available. Wi-Fi is adequate. For a special occasion reception, it would be highly recommended.

We will certainly be recommending this property to anyone who asks for a getaway spot in the eastern PA, northwest NJ area.

Room Tip: #78 is huge, with large Jacuzzi tub in the room, king bed, windows on two sides overlooking the pastures and a pond, and a fireplace.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TwavelingTweedies
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have just spent four days at the Glasbern Inn and it was wonderful. Even when you Google the Inn and read about it, upon arrival you are surprised at just how idyllic this place really is. Every member of staff, without exception, was warm, friendly and helpful. The rooms are exceptionally large and furnished to a high standard. The food, most of which is aside or grown on the farm, was always delicious and plentiful. There are some nice country walks, a fitness centre and spa on this very large property. Do try it, you'll love it!

Room Tip: The lower floor of the Packhouse with a patio and view is hard to beat. You may not want to be directly under the roof if rain is in the forecast as it can be heard falling on the metal roof.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I were here the weekend of the 22nd, for his best friends wedding. I had never heard of this place and was anxious to get there. I was a little nervous, because often times, the online pictures differ dramatically from the actual rooms. Check in went smooth and before we knew it we were in our room! The room was beautiful!!! We had a beautiful room overlooking the pond and the hills. Everything was perfect! The bed was comfortable and the sheets were amazing!!! There was a leather loveseat with a cozy blanket to wrap yourself in while you sat by the window!! I just cannot say enough about the room!! It was almost perfect. My only complaints about the room are that you cannot set the thermostat any lower then 68, so we just cracked the window. Also, the walls are pretty thin and things echo. We had some people talking outside of our door earlier in the morning and we could hear every word that was said, however that is not the fault of the hotel.

The staff was PHENOMENAL! The people at the front desk were so helpful and incredibly pleasant! Anytime I had any questions they were there and happily helpful! I spoke with someone in housekeeping (Stephanie I think) and she was great too!! I can't say enough about them either!

The breakfast was good and was included with your room! They do not serve lunch on the weekends, but there is the Fogelsburg Hotel just up the street that doesn't look like much but the food was great!
We had filet and chicken for dinner, and weren't fans of either, however when we go back we will just try something different.

My husband and I don't get out very often but this place is one that we will absolutely come back too!!

Thank you so much to the Glasbern for making our weekend wonderful!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim B
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Though I reserved our room a month prior, received verbal and electronic confirmations and my credit card was charged by the inn, it was not enough to convince the always ready to help staff of this establishment. They of course had given the room to another patron and assured us that the 3 hour plus drive would be worth while by placing us in a cheaper, smaller room closer to the main gate of the hotel. Also we would have to pay again for this room at full price since they can not prove definitively that we had paid, though we provided a hard copy receipt and had credit card statement. According to the manager at reception this was the second time their system, or lack there of, had "dropped" a guest's reservation the same afternoon. The only offer to rectify their shortcoming as a hotel and a provider of a service was for us to pay top dollar AGAIN for a room we did not want. No remorse, no explanation. As for the payment they still denied us making, they took down my contact information on a very professional post-it, which I am sure will be handled by a shredder some day. I have stayed at many historic hotels and the customer service provided was not deserving of the designation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple