“Romantic Inn in Fogelsville”

Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fogelsville
PHL
“Romantic Inn in Fogelsville”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I just stayed at the Inn and of course revisited their restaurant. It was a snowy afternoon and the area and setting of the Glasbern Inn was most charming and romantic, as the evening approached and the lights came on you thought you were in Christmas Wonderland. Highly recommendable but from what I understand they have a full house quite often. The meal was good as usual, however, the prix fix four course menu was discontinued, to our dismay and we got an a la carte menue instead. If you are a good eater it can get quite pricey. My suggestion to the Glasbern Inn Chef - reinstate the prix fix and for dainty eaters have an a la carte menu available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christa E
InnsOfDistinction, Owner at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Christina E

Thanks for the gracious comments and for selecting Glasbern.

We appreciate your tip and will have the Prix Fix back on the menu by Saturday!

Thank again, please join us soon.

AG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a romantic and a very private place where it is just you, nature and delicious food then this is a place for you. The food fresh from their gardens is the best part. If I had to pick one best food from the plethora they serve, I would say the egg benedicts with bacon for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank CynicAndroid
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Glasbern Inn. I just returned home from a 2-day work retreat, and everything exceeded my expectations. I was involved in the planning of the retreat, and Beth, the event coordinator, was responsive and professional and took care of our every need promptly and with a smile. And, then I found out that she also works the front desk and waitresses in the restaurant as well! We had all 12 rooms and the meeting room of the Packhouse to ourselves. Every room in the Packhouse was very spacious and had a sleep-number bed, and a fireplace and whirlpool tub right in the room. We all had a beautiful view of the hills and pond. I was so sorry that my husband wasn't there to share the romantic room with me! The meeting room had a cathedral ceiling had a giant window that looked out over the same hills and pond, as well as a fireplace, which made for a very relaxing atmosphere for our retreat. Beth took care of everything for us: screen, projector, flip charts with easels and markers, and plenty of refreshments which were repleneshed in the afternoon.

Aside from the guest and meeting rooms, the grounds are beautiful - and this was in early March. I can only imagine how spectacular it is when the gardens are in full bloom. They have sheep, cattle, and chickens that are guarded by a Great Pyranees named Sadie, who you can visit on your walk around the trails of the farm. When we were going for a walk, we met one of the farmers, who was extremely friendly and gave us a tour of the farm right on the spot. The livestock are raised for the restaurant, and there are also two greenhouses for the vegetables and herbs, so all of the food is very fresh and flavorful. Talk about farm to table! The restaurant itself has a wonderful atmosphere, and all of the staff, including the owner, are extremely friendly and cheerful. Yes, the food is a bit pricey, but I feel that it is worth every penny. I wasn't able to get a reservation for the spa, but several of my co-workers had massages and said that it was heavenly.

All of my co-workers agreed that we all had a fabulous experience. I recommend this place to anyone for business or pleasure. I can't wait to come back here with my husband for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I could not have been more please with the Glasbern. We went for a quiet night away from the kids. There was a wedding reception directly below us that had a dj which apparently is not typical for The Glasbern. The noise did not last long but it was loud when it did. We let the staff know we were a bit dissapointed to not be informed of the wedding and they were way more than compensating and accomodating. They went well above and beyond to compensate our dissapointment. There was snow on the ground so the property was stunning. The room was so comfortable and rustic and beautiful. It had the best linens I've ever slept on in my life. It was very clean, cozy, and comfortable. We ate dinner at the pub and it was fabulous. The server also went above and beyond to make us happy. The oversized booth with lots of comfy pillows felt so luxorious and we felt very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was out of this world. It was top notch service and the eggs benedict was amazing(so was the french toast). All the food there is fresh and delicious. I can't imagine there is anywhere in the Lehigh Valley that compares to the Glasbern. We felt like we were in Vermont when really we were only ten minutes from home. I always thought the Glasbern was too pricey for us but I would have paid double for that experience. We will absolutely will be going back for our anniversary this summer. Hopefully for two nights this time :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Packhouse which is where wedding receptions are held so I would not choose that loc...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank content26
Wilmington
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We wanted to getaway and just relax. Since the holidays and work can be so stressful, why not give yourself a little break and rejuvenate. Since I work at historical hotel myself, I found this beautiful place on our site. I am constantly going to other hotels, observing how they do their business and how I feel after I leave. With that being said, from taking the reservation to the check in. Front desk was knowledgeable and they were very professional. The property was beautiful, quaint and calm. We had a wonderful couple's massage, which was amazing. Our room, the fireplace and the whole ambiance made you feel like you were home. Dinner was amazing; I had the salad, the scallops, the chicken and the delicious pumpkin crème brulee. To die for! Portions were nicely done, presentation was on point and the taste...well...let's just say I did not waste. Everyone at Glasbern was so professional, kind and respectful. I recommend this place to any couple that needs a little alone time to relax. Thank you for a wonderful evening, we will surely be back.

Room Tip: The carriage suites
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were looking for a relaxing, quiet weekend getaway not too far from home before the arrival of our second son and were so happy to stumble upon the Glasbern Inn! From the initial phone call to arrange our stay, we knew we were going to have a special experience - the staff just goes out of their way to be helpful and accommodating! The Babymoon package was suggested to us - we stayed in the Garden Cottage, had amazing massages and all the meals were excellent. And, we left with a couple of gifts for the new baby which was such a nice touch! We loved our cottage - two wood-burning fireplaces which we had constantly lit, especially since it snowed one of the days which was perfect. We just had an all-around relaxing, wonderful time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlton, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed January 14, 2013

close enough to the city, but you'd never know it ........... calm, peaceful countryside Inn with only the sounds of nature to remind you that you are in the world. Why do we return to Glasbern again and again? the people (staff), the place (beautiful farmland with luxurious yet so comfortable accommodations), the palate (farm to table and delicious creations by chef).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fogelsville
Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
Historic Hotel Bethlehem
#1 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown? Share your experiences!