“We LOVE it!!”

Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fogelsville
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is about the 5th or 6th time my wife and i have stayed at Glasbern. I never write reviews unless the experience was horrible and i want to save someone from the same experience, but i thought i'd write a positive review for a change. Although just a lil expensive, i cant think of another B&B i'd rather stay in. We've stayed in the Gatehouse suites, the Stable suites, the Carriage house, Farmhouse, and the Garden Cottage. Each stay was SPECTACULAR!! The suites are like private cottages, very clean, and you get that romantic feel as soon as you enter! GUYS, if you're looking to take your lady somewhere nice, believe me when i tell you this is the place. FORGET about the Pocono's (cove haven, etc.. which is actually much more expensive) you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Although the Garden Cottage is the ultimate private cottage on the grounds, it only has a medium siz...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank owen b
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to to give us your raving review. As a small inn, it is extremely satisfied customers that are our best form of advertising.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I adored our time at the Glasbern Inn. It was very charming. The staff is warm and friendly. They were very attentative. Especially Kyle and Carrie. They went out of their way to make our stay special. The room was enormous and every little detail is attended to. It's like they think of everything you might need. We stayed in the Packhouse and we loved the fact that we could see the cow family from our window!! The owner/farmer was very gracious and gave us a personal tour. It was wonderful and unique. Our room was clean and lovely. I liked that they are eco- conscious too. We enjoyed the food which was delicious and very fresh. We think the Inn is a very good value for the money. Oh and I loved loved the pool and the exercise room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AllieKa
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your kind review, and hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent our late 1st Valentines day as a married couple together here. It was in March bc of our work schedule. The room we stayed in was clean and lovely. I was called the gate house. Very quite,cozy, and romantic. We loved that they had a keurig. My husband drinks coffee and I drink tea and they offered both. We loved the whirl pool. It was clean and so nice that they had robes for us to use. The staff was great and made sure we had enough wood for the fireplace. The food was great. Creative fine dining I would say. We had dinner in the main room. Not the pub side.
The grounds were nice. We took a walk and saw all the animals. It was neat to see the dogs living among the sheep. They blended in bc they were also white. I guess the dogs are there to protect the sheep.
We had a great time and will definitely return again for another special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank scorpiozgurl
glasbern, Guest Relations Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are thrilld to hear that you enjoyed such a special time with us, and that you enjoyed it. We were glad to have you, and hope that you will soon return.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Recently attended a team building conference held at the inn. Food was ok but overpriced. Nice atmosphere in the main dining room and the pub. Wait service was on the slow side even though our group was the only one in the pub for dinner. I don't like to be rushed, but I don't like to sit for 20 minutes to have a drink order taken either. The room I had was huge, nicely appointed but I would have traded the Sleep Number bed and Jacuzzi for a quiet night's sleep. There was constant banging around the room all night. At breakfast the next morning one of my co-workers told me she had the same problem. Ghosts maybe? The coffee maker in my room didn't work, spit out half a cup of cold brown water that sort of tasted like coffee. The barn wood detail in the room and buildings was nice but kind of ruined by very sloppy paint jobs on the walls. Masking tape would have helped. Some exposed unfinished 2 X 4's visible under the bathroom sink kind of looked out of place also. All in all I expected better for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thoban
glasbern, Guest Relations Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I am not sure which room it was that you stayed in, therefore, I am unable to try and explain what noises you might have heard through the night. We do have staff available 24/7 and we are happy to respond to any concerns a guest might have during their stay.
If you email me your name, date of stay, and room number, I might be able to figure out what you might have been hearing.
Our dining menu is fine dining, and the food on it is primarily raised on our farm. Though our farm is not "certified organic" we use organic farming methods on our farm, which tends to cost more to do than other methods. This does lead to a more expensive end product. We are constantly reviewing our menu and pricing, and we will take your concerns into consideration in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We live on a farm, so the idea of going to farm for a night away was a bit confusing at first. But I'm glad we did. The Glasbern Inn is excellent in every respect.

The buildings have been immaculately restored. Our room in the original farmhouse was excellent.
The staff are helpful and the breakfast included was outstanding.

We are big believers in eating what we grow and we enjoyed eating items grown and raised right there at the Glasbern and were pleased that they strongly emphasized those items grown there on the farm on the menu.

A note of amusement was experiencing what I think was a east coast versus west coast thing when we showed up the the restaurant for dinner. We were well dressed, but perhaps more casually than they were used to... and they suggested that perhaps we were prefer to eat in the bar rather than the dining room. Which we did, and the food was excellent (same menu as the dining room plus extras!). But we had a good laugh about it.

Room Tip: The Farmhouse room we stayed in smelled strongly of wood smoke, I assume because many people don'...
1  Thank christ0fu

We are glad you too appreciate farm to table dining. Sustainability is the key to the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave the review for others to read. A note for all, rooms with wood-burning fire places are considered "smoking" rooms. Rooms without a fireplace, or with a gas burning fireplace are non-smoking.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at the Glasbern from July 6th to July 8th, and me and my fiance had an incredible time! We stayed at the Packhouse Upper Rooms and the room was amazing! The peace and serenity that this place offers is well worth the price. We will definitly be staying again and we can not wait until our next visit in August!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to having you join us again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We spent one lovely night at the Glasbern. The room was amazing! (Packhouse). The breakfast was exceptional. Would certainly recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing and peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: We booked a couples massage in the morning and were able to check out a bit later so we could shower...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to having you join us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fogelsville
Bear Creek Mountain Resort
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels

Been to Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown? Share your experiences!