Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
GardenInn.com
$119
$110
Lehigh Motor Inn(Allentown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfarm to tablesleep number bedjacuzzi tubblueberry sconeslehigh valleyromantic getawaycarriage house suitecouple's massagegas fireplacemain buildinglocal winerieswet bargarden cottagemodern amenitiesbeautiful roomincluded breakfastpackhouse suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I are on a quest for our favorite place to go and be. Mid-March, we returned to Glasbern, after 20 plus years, to give it a whirl. In the late 80s, we saw a review of the Inn on a local TV station’s magazine show. We loved it and book a night away from our kids. Our Carriage House room had a 2 person whirlpool (with a skylight above it) and a real wood burning fireplace. We went in early spring and it was still cold enough to have a fire. The Inn has a restaurant and back then we had a great meal. In the morning of our departure, the Inn was covered in a light beautiful snow. That was then – this is now. Glasbern still is a charming place. Our experience in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast did not disappoint. The “morning egg” at DINNER was a treat. We decided to stay in the Farmhouse this time. Three things I would change – get rid of the electric fire place (old and tacky), put teak stools in the steam shower (so we can sit and enjoy) and update whirlpool tub (showing her age). The Sleep Number bed was fun (never slept in one) and we loved our strawberries and sparkling wine (an extra). We did have trouble with the A/C (an unusually hot mid-March day) and the staff responded quickly – two breakers had blown. All the staff were warm and helpful. The Inn has grown since our last visit 20 plus years ago and we hope it will still be provide us charming getaways

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy J
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

We are so happy that you decided to stay at Glasbern again. There has been a lot of changes to Glasbern since your stay 20 years ago. We are continuing to constantly upgrade the property. We have recognized that the jacuzzi in room 21 is outdated we are putting a brand new one in that room and also the other rooms across the property. Also we will be upgrading the fireplace in room 21 as well.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Tere's not enough wonderful things to say about the glasbern. The service is great and the rooms are cozy and relaxing. But it's the experience that is amazing. The restaurant serves such fresh ingredients, so many of them grown on the property. I'm not a meat eater but my husband can't get over how much better the farm to plate experience is!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank tay8782
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

We are glad to hear you had a nice time and hope to see you back soon! Thank you for your wonderful review!!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

From making my initial reservation 3 weeks prior, and continuing through check out the quality and delivery of hospitality service was impeccable. As a 30+ year hotel professional I know my expectations are high, and at times unfairly so. However, the Glasbern Inn exceeded every high expectation I had, which were based on the magnificent showcase web page that led me to pick up the phone and call. Whatever application and interview process is used to select your staff members should never be changed and always be shared with all hotel/hospitality venues. Nicole, Carrie, Sarah, Greg (to name just a few of your magnificent staff) and all others are true hospitality professionals delivering service with sincere, personal touches; I mean everybody knows your name! The Inn's cuisine was magnificent, and made even more wonderful in that 80% of all food we had was fresh from your own farm and greehouses. From fresh eggs and housemade breakfast sausages and focaccia style whole grain toast in the morning through phenominal salads, a squash soup with fresh, thinly sliced apple and candied walnuts and the unique lamb with granola, fresh juniper berries and picked same day roasted root vegetables in the evening the dining experience was truly 5 Star. We will return in the spring or fall to experience the seasonal flowers and foliage as an added benifit to what we know will be another unmatched weekend experience.

Room Tip: Print out pictures of all accommodation types..........hang on wall..............blindfold yourself......throw a dart.........no matter which room photo you hit, you win!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillDOSM
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and cant wait to see you back in the spring or fall. Its always nice to hear we are doing a good job and coming from someone with as much experience as yourself it means a lot. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff you mentioned as well as the kitchen. Thanks again!!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Love, Love, Love the Glasbern Inn. When you stay there, it feels like you have been transported to Europe without having to leave the country. Love the views! The food is amazing! The Cottage we stayed at, was almost as big as my condo. Would love to stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sleepingbeauty_10
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I was super excited for a special Valentine's Day weekend at Glasbern, having read all of the fabulous reviews and seen pictures of the beautiful rooms. I knew it was going to be a special weekend, but it was even better than what I had envisioned in my head.

First and foremost was the inn-keeper, Carrie. She was so sweet and hospitable - from just making the reservation on the phone to actually greeting us in-person. The people who maintain the inn really do know how to treat their guests, and it makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable.

But let's be honest, the place speaks for itself! After careful evaluation of which room in which we would stay, we decided on the Stable Room with the winding staircase that led up to the giant jacuzzi. My boyfriend suggested we wait to shower until we got there, and I am so happy we did because their steam-shower might have been better than the jacuzzi...well, it's a close call, anyway! Best shower ever, it was HUGE like literally we could have done cartwheels! It really was amazing - and the jacuzzi, itself, was much bigger than I envisioned it in my head.

The wood-burning fireplace was so beautiful, although we did have some trouble keeping our fire lit (the one in the fireplace, anyway ;), but that may have been more because of my boyfriend than "wet wood," as he claimed. Even the couch in our cabin and the blanket atop were so comfortable, we nestled in on that for a good chunk of the late evening, enjoying some wine. I also was pleased that we had complimentary beverages provides to us in our fridge upon arrival. Little things like that aren't always included, and it was very nice.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. I would have rather been able to eat breakfast in bed, but the quality of the breakfast was unsurpassed so I really cannot complain at all. It was just very windy that morning :) We also took advantage of the 2:00 check-out for the extra $25.00. Sooooo worth it. If we didn't both have to be at work today, I really would've begged to stay another night, as I did NOT want to leave.

I've been to countless bed and breakfasts, I do all kinds of researching online and I don't know how I never knew this place existed. Had I known of its existance earlier, I wouldn't have needed to try anywhere else. This place was second to none, and will (or already has been) recommended to all the couples I know. It was our first "Valentine's Day" together and it could not have been more perfect. We will absolutely be back...for anniversaries, birthdays, and any other "special" occasion I can squeeze in.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and cant wait to see you back. We always appreciate positive feedback and are glad we were able to be a part of your first Valentines Day together.