“Great Service”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fogelsville
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stayed at this hotel so I can attend a friends wedding. When I booked Hawthorne Suites I was told that Check In is at 3. The wedding started at 330, so I asked if there was anyway the room could be ready a little earlier. The receptionist said that she would see what she can do. When we arrived at the hotel (at 2pm) the manager said that our room was ready and to have fun at the wedding. We ended up getting back from the wedding a little later than planned, so we asked if we can have a later check out time. Once again, that was no problem. When we left, the manager asked us how the wedding was. Very friendly.

The hotel has a great location. I realized that I did not pack a necessity, and there was a Rite Aid across the street from the hotel. There was also a Pizza Hut and a Cracker Barrel within a short walking distance of the hotel. Oh and the room was huge! Great deal.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel over Fathers Day Weekend to meet with friends and family. I was not too familiar with this hotel but got a great rate including breakfast. I did review some of the comments from previous visitors and was a little concerned but was assured by the reservationist that our trip would be fine.....she was right!!!!
Apparently, the hotel has just gone through some very recent renovations and when we entered the hotel is was gorgeous. We were told that they just replaced the carpet in the hallways. We had a room on the third floor which was spacious and had a new flat screen tv. There was a hot breakfast buffet in the morning which was wonderful and we did not have to pay extra for it. I'm not sure why I haven't heard of this hotel before but I do know that I will be back there in the next couple of months. The hotel is located right off the highway for easy access for our trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The first thing I noticed was the ripped carpet in the main downstairs hallway. The whole carpet is loose and wavy...I mention this because it is a trip hazard. In the room...every piece of furniture is scratched or dented. The coffee table is rubbed raw on both of the long sides. The TV works but the housing is cracked as if someone picked it up and dropped it on the lower right corner...the remote is missing the battery door..The computer desk is missing the keyboard shelf...the brackets are there but the shelf is MIA. The sitting chair by the window is in desperate need of a vacuum. I have set the A/C to 65 and its still blowing just barely cool air.In the bathroom...no niceties like most places...the tissue was ripped and tattered and the TP looked as if someone poured water(I hope) all over it...the toilet is not secure to the floor...it rocks when you sit on it...I hope it doesnt come loose in the morning...someone left a bag of ice in the freezer and it has turned into one big lump. I went down to the fitness room...no towels and a sign on the TV says its not working...not sure there is a working vacuum in the building....
General appearance is shabby at best...the walls in the room are all marked up and I'm note sure what some of the marks are (yuk)...I called the Hampton...all booked...Looks like I'm stuck for another day.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2008

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from a trip to the Roanoke, VA, area. We had visited Cabela's and it was about half-way home. I picked this hotel because of the beautiful facility they have in Burlington, VT, that I've enjoyed on several occasions. I was disappointed because it wasn't the same type of room, but on the other hand I didn't check out exactly what I was getting, I just expected the same. Upon arrival, there were problems with the outside lighting which the front desk person did everything she could to resolve. The room was clean and everything was fine. Breakfast was "ok", but not up to the standards of the Burlington location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 3, 2007

One of the few hotels I stayed at where there was absolutely nothing wrong. Great price for a King Bed Suite (book ahead, prices go up if bookings are strong). AC worked great with no noise. Clean, decently decorated. Good breakfast buffet. Will always try to stay here when in the area. Craker Barrel restaurant next door is an added plus.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Coon_Rapids_Traveler
Reviewed April 17, 2007

We stayed here in 2005 for our son's birth day. He likes to go to the Cabelas about 15-20 miles away. We tried to stay at a hotel closer but they were booked and we were recommended to stay here (I guess they're affiliated). The lobby area was nice and spacious. Our room was beautiful. Very spacious and comfortable. There was even a handy kitchen area. A hot breakfast buffet was offered every morning, FREE!!!!! They even allowed a late check-out on weekends - noon! There was a cracker barrel and a handful of fastfood restaurants in the same parking lot as the hotel.

We stayed again the following year and while still satisfied, we noticed a slight decline. The hotel changed ownership/management. We noticed the outside of the hotel needed a fresh coat of paint, or a good pressure wash. The room was still nice however we noticed some minor glitches. The handle to the closet door was missing so we could not open/close it. We tried to get the handle replaced-no deal. My son opened the curtain and the curtain pull snapped in half. That's when we decided to fill out the comment card, only to find a dead bug lying inside of it. Apparently housekeeping doesen't check things like this. I will say the beds were still comfortable and the bathroom/kitchen area was still nice. The breakfast was the same-no complaints there. The fitness room was just as nice too. One of the reasons we returned to this hotel was because of the late check-out, apparently the new owners took it away. Bummer.

While this hotel had its defects on our second stay, it was still a good place for the money and we probably will return. I just hope the new owners don't become too careless and let the place turn into a dump.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank OceanCityFAN
Reviewed October 28, 2006

This hotel was rated well on this site but.........I definately would not go back. The Comfort Inn across the street is much better. We stayed at the Comfort Inn for our second night in the area.
The people at the Hawthorne were very nice but the room itself was shabby! There was black grease on the carpet and everything was just worn. The beds were soft and sagging. They had a ok breakfast with scrabbled eggs and bacon. I think that is what drew all the construction workers that were there. The little kitchen with fridge, microwave and small fridge, would be convient but overall I was not impressed with the conditions of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville? Share your experiences!