My husband booked this hotel online mainly because of the reasonable price, the location, and it sounded nice on paper. We stayed four nights while visiting relatives in the area. My first impression was not good. Outside of hotel looked dingy and the staff was not welcoming. I don't think I saw one of them smile the whole time. When walking to our 2nd floor room, the hall reeked with tobacco even though all the rooms we saw on that floor were "non-smoking." On the positive side, our suite was large and roomy and I really liked the separate make-up vanity, but the king bed was absolutely awful. It was lumpy and had a ridge down the middle so cuddling was impossible. The room badly needed updating too which gave it a shabby look - horrid orange paint and outdated walpaper border. The refrigerator didn't cool well enough for our left-overs so had to throw them out. On our 2nd night there, we got back from visiting family about 10 pm and found that our room hadn't been serviced. We had to call for towels and coffee for the next morning. Breakfast wasn't bad and we really liked the coffee machine that even allowed 50/50 caffeine. Sunday's breakfast was the best as they had both sausage and bacon and french toast along with the other items. Scrambled eggs were probably frozen as they were watery. Upon checking out, we were told a maid had been fired because we were not the only room that didn't get serviced. Hate to see anyone get fired but I guess she wasn't doing her job. This location is a little hard to find at first as it is set back from Main St, but watch for small sign as soon as you turn from Hwy.100. Cracker Barrel was next door and some fast food restaurants across the parking lot, so no one will starve. I think the people that run the hotel just don't have experience in customer service. Perhaps they will learn over time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is an all suite hotel with spacious rooms. Six restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. This hotel attracts the business traveler due to the close proximity to business centers and industrial parks. Lehigh Valley Hospital is 2 miles away. Located only 1.5 hours to New York City. Leisure business is attracted on weekends due to theme parks,water parks, local history. Near Pa Dutch Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Allentown Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Hotel Fogelsville
- Hawthorn Suites Fogelsville
- Fogelsville Hawthorn Suites