“Again...not disappointed in anything”
Review of Ferndale Inn

Ferndale Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

They continue to be one of the most romantic on my personal favorites list. They just do it so well. Great food, great atmosphere and it's just such a "lovely evening". I really encourage people to make this your new date night restaurant. You will keep coming back...we do...and not a bad experience to be had at any time.

1  Thank DMKANDOIT

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great little romantic spot in a quaint little spot in the woods. Good value, delicious food and a nice, colonial-style building.

2  Thank Tom K
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I went here to celebrate our anniversary after a friend highly recommended it. It did not disappoint. The service was great! Our food was beautifully prepared and just as delicious, starting with the house salads and right through to the dessert , key lime pie, which my husband and I shared. I had a lobster tail stuffed with shrimp and he had the crab and shrimp cakes. Both were very tasty. The server did not hover , but was very attentive to our needs. The restaurant is beautiful inside and not overstated. Conversation was not too loud around us. It was perfect! Will definitely go back.

1  Thank Jane E
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We won a gift card for this restaurant and although it was a 40 minute drive we went to use the gift card. A lovely surprise. A well keep old Inn with a long time chef owner. Very quaint and comfortable country Inn interior. Great staff. Food is nicely presented with very adequate proportions. My wife had the soft shell crabs with linguine. Very good. I the tilapia with spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes and scalloped potato au gratin. Also, very good. We shared an escargot appetizer with garlic butter and melted brie. Very tasty. The sauce was hot but the escargots could have been warmed up a little more. Not a BYOB but an adequate wine list at very reasonable prices. American style menu, not too fancy or complicated like expensive French, but excellently prepared. Even though a little bit of a drive. We would go again.

1  Thank august t
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is our "go to" spot whether we are celebrating or just want to treat ourselves to a delicious meal out. The wait staff is outstanding and Rob is a gracious and knowledgeable host. The drinks are almost bottomless and there's a bistro menu available in the bar. There are usually several specials offered but otherwise the menu mainly stays the same - but we're not complaining. Chef/owner Karen does a superb job, the food is always prepared to order and service is good. If you love crab meat and can't get to the shore, try their crab au gratin, it's the best crab meat we've ever found inland. The potatoes au gratin are also to die for, as well as the clams casino. Complimentary chocolate covered strawberries for dessert are also a nice touch. Can't say enough good things about this special place.

4  Thank Eileen L