“Great brunch buffet spot!”
Review of The Buck Hotel

The Buck Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Buck Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Feasterville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was torn between 3 and 4 stars. If I could leave 3.5 I probably would. On one hand there is the brunch which is totally excellent! The raw bar and the meat carving station are just great! You really get your money's worth right there. They also have a nice selection of little gourmet dishes with a one bite appetizer. They do run out quickly and those are not replenished. And then there is the regular breakfast fair. Bagel and lox/whitefish is also great and plentiful. Desserts consist of little pastries and a chocolate fondue fountain with fresh fruit and such. I've done this with my family 4 or 5 times in the past couple of years and they always leave happy, satisfied and impressed. It's a little pricier than the rest of the brunch pre-fix in the area, but totally worth with the seafood alone.

We went here for a large party dinner for my husbands birthday. The meal was mediocre at best. We had ten people order a Boston clam chowder which everyone agreed was completely inedible. It tasted like pure flour. French onion soup on the other hand was delicious. My husband got a prime rib and it was cooked to perfection and really yummy. My crab cakes on the other hand were very very average. Most of the dinner was either hit or miss.
The place itself is large spacious and grand. The staff is very friendly. I've head the pleasure of dealing with Kim, who is the hostess on more than one occasion. She is very helpful and organized. Made my party planning a breeze with pre ordered appetizers.
Overall I would probably recommend the brunch over dinner.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel (which is now just a restaurant) has been already for almost 200 years. It has been remodeled recently and is reasonably pleasant inside. The food is mediocre although the service is okay. I would probably not go back, although there are few other choices in the area.

1  Thank RWL08540
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Dinner on a Saturday evening. We were seated right away at a nice table. The atmosphere was very pleasant. The staff was very friendly and we loved our waitress. But the service was very, very slow. We had too long a wait between the salads and the service of our dinners. At the end of the evening we had a long wait to pay our bill. The food was OK. Nothing to write home about but nothing objectionable. Crab cakes were disappointing. Old Bay Crusted Tuna was lacking in Old Bay seasoning. Nothing was "bad" but we didn't have anything that would make us come back on another evening.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

A great place for take out . The fried clam strips are the best I ever had. You won't be disappointed. Give it a try, their menu has a lot of selections best food in the area

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My friend and I went for lunch after a day of shopping and we found more to offer at The Buck than we did in the stores! We had a table near the fireplace and our waitress let us have as much time as we needed for chatting with no pressure to leave. We enjoyed our lunches and the food was generous and delicious. It was exactly what we needed and we were both pleased. The Buck has been around for years, and the Ruhling family has done it justice.