“Ok to stay there in a pinch”

Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
NEW FAIRFIELD
“Ok to stay there in a pinch”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed there for several nights recently while fishing Elk Creek. I was turned off by the general run down condition of the property, including a 12 inch diameter black mold stain and rusted door frame at the bathroom door, a significant wine stain on the rug, and a cigarette burn on the coverlet (in a nonsmoking room). On the other hand, the bed was comfortable. The folks were friendly. The free made-to-order breakfast was a great start to the day. I may stay here again but there are better options 2 exits east on I-90

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
southern ontario
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We booked this hotel for our annual shopping trip to Erie and Grove City. We have found that Erie hotels can be hit or miss, and this one was definitely a miss.

The hotel is close enough the Peach Street area, just two miles or so away.
As we approached the hotel, we were shocked at how run down it was on the outside. Absolutely terrIble.
The lobby was small, not inviting at all. The desk clerk was very friendly. We checked in and were told our room was around the side, room 112.
When we pulled around the building, again, we were shocked at how run down the property was. At this point we knew we had made a mistake, but it was too late. The hallways were dark, dirty, and smelled bad.
Our room was a smoking room, but the smell of stale cigarette smoke went beyond anything we have ever experienced. The carpets were stained with what looked like blood, the wallpaper was peeling everywhere. The bathroom was not cleaned well, and the toilet didn't flush.
The second night of our stay, I was kept awake by other guests who appeared to be having a party in a nearby room, blasting country music, and talking loudly and drunkenly in the hallways.

On the plus side, the hotel was close to everything. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on, the sheets were so soft and the pillows were just right. The water pressure in the shower was awesome, even if the temperature went from hot to cold every time someone in another room flushed their toilet.

My recommendation: find somewhere else to spend your hard earned money. This hotel is ready for demolition. The owners should be ashamed that they keep this property in such poor condition.

I should note that we had read the reviews prior to booking. We didn't expect it to be this bad.
We also did not take advantage of the free buffet breakfast.

1 Thank tikitanna

Travelers are raving about these Fairview hotels

Hamilton
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here on a break driving back to Canada and will not stay here again. We had spoke to someone on the phone and asked for first floor, a refrigerator and a microwave as we have to babies and would need these amenities, we were disappointed to find we had to bring all our pack and plays and baby needs up to the second floor (no elevators) and when we arrived to our room we had no fridge or microwave. The heater in our room made a nasty vibrating noise when it was on and if we left it on it would get so muggy in the room that we couldn't breath. The bathtub plug was really difficult to use as well. The security level was low as well, as anyone could enter the hotel through the unlocked entrances. The breakfast was the best part and the servers were pleasant. I would not stay here again. The area near the hotel is also very isolated. Everything is run down and is very scary at night.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker stay away from the Saloon
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vineland, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay. The purpose of our trip was shopping in the Erie area. We were concerned about the reviews we read but because it was a last minute trip and there didn't seem to be too much available in the area at a price we were willing to pay, we decided to try it. So first off, it is not is the main hotel area of Erie and is in a rather isolated area (on outskirts, dark, less traffic). It is close to the highway interchange. A "saloon" is part of the hotel and the smoke from the saloon permeates the main building. Seems to be popular with hunters and fishermen. A woman by herself would likely not feel comfortable here. There is one separate building outback which isn't smoky and has larger rooms. We stayed in this building. The room we had was a good size but needs renovation and repair. The only real plus about the room was that the bed was pretty comfortable. The main issue we had was the noise of the heating system's fan. During the night, every time the heater would come on it woke me up. It was so loud. The shower on/off pull was very hard to pull out and needs repair. The breakfast was okay but limited. The plastic forks and knives, paper cups and foam plates and bowls fit the style of the hotel! We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Quality Inn during a reccent fishing trip. The motel is in need of renovation. The hallways and entrances were in bad condition. The room was clean and the price was low. I ate at the "lounge" and the food was less than desirable. They served a complimentary breakfast in the morning which wasn't bad. I guess considering the bargain price, I got what I paid for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Innisfil, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed. Expedia said it was 2 star....not even a 1 star in my opinion.
Front hall and reception looked OK upon entering and staff seemed pleasant enough but when we got to our room... We were pretty disgusted. The blankets were stained, the window was so dirty you couldn't even see out of it, there were cracks and black MOLD in the bathtub and the toilet seat was broken. The lampshades beside the bed were cracked, the bedskirt was stained and there was blood stains on the duvet. The "fitness room" was a joke, although apparently it was "under contruction" I woke to an overwhelming cigarette smoke smell in my room and the saloon music kept me up at night. The hotel entrances are not locked so anyone can walk in off the street. At least there are 4 different locks on your room door. The location wasn't that far from the main shopping area but I'd prefer to be closer. I would never stay there again. I wouldn't have stayed this time except I booked through Expedia and couldn't get my money back.
The only good thing about this hotel was the shower pressure was decent and the bed was surprisingly comfortable (without the nasty blankets)
In my opinion, choose somewhere else.

2 Thank MLJE
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Since arriving at 11pm on October 20, 2012, I have spent four hours counting the ways in which this hotel has failed to justify the money I've spent on it. For starters, I reserved (and paid for ahead of time) a non-smoking room, but I was given no choice but to accept a smoking room. I explained to the employee that I recently quit smoking and do not wish to stay in a smoking environment, but there wasn't much he could do about it as he'd already given my non-smoking room to somebody else. He tried to blame the online reservation process, but his story was clearly a lie. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a club in the basement of the hotel. In addition to placing me in a smoking room, the hotel employee also placed me in room 220, which is conveniently located directly above the club's entrance. So in addition to the smell of stale smoke in this room, there's also a near-constant wafting of fresh smoke from the club's patrons. Speaking of which, every time a club patron exits the club and enters the second floor, the noise from the club jolts me awake. Occasionally groups of club-goers exit together and have loud conversations in the hall. At this very moment, a redneck couple is having something that sounds like a cross between intercourse and a fistfight in the room next door. Overall, despite a rather nice and comfortably furnished room, the actual environment of this hotel makes it impossible to sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#6 of 38 in Erie
SpringHill Suites Erie
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fairview? Share your experiences!