“Sleeping with bugs and cobwebs”

Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
Unionville, Ontario, Canada
“Sleeping with bugs and cobwebs”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The pictures shown are professionally done. When we got there, the place was like a truck stop and rundown. We stayed in the basement of the hotel. As we entered the doors to the hallway, there was spiders everywhere and cobwebs all around the ceiling. There were flys and mosquitoes all over the front door of the room. The room was no better as we found a millipede running around in the bathroom. We killed 10 flies in the room.
Also, the room had a damp feel which did not help.
Would not recommend to anyone unless you have no choice.

Room Tip: If you have no choice, just make sure your not put into the basement of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hartville, Ohio
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. It looks like a dingy truck stop. when we pulled in we were horrified. We had made our reservations on line and looked at the pictures they have and thought we were staying at an upscale hotel. $125 per nite and we had 2 rooms and small children. Here's what we found: A ladies dirty shirt in the corner of the room wedged in between the leg of the desk and the wall. A used ear plug on the floor by the bed that the baby could have picked up and swallowed and choked on. Used soap on the top of the shower. When hanging up a towel, the towel bar fell off. Wall paper coming loose from the wall 13" from floor in the bath room. Long hair in the tub. Long hair on the toilet. The power went off during the nite and at 2:30 am when the baby needed warm milk the microwave would not work and I had to walk around the room with my phone(lite) to see where to go! The walls in the halls are dirty and this place needs major help. We were planning to enjoy our stay here and when we arrived after a full day on the beach with children, we were exhausted. To say the least this was a major let down and I complained at the desk. all I got was $25. off each room. I will never stay here again and am reporting it to the Choice Hotels Program of which they are a part. There was no other room within 100 miles so we were stuck. That is why these people get away with this. Oh by the way, breakfast included eggshells in the scrambled eggs, potatoes that were so spicy children couldn't eat them. sausage gravy that also was spicy it burned your mouth. Yes you get breakfast , but you won't eat much!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! The pictures are deceiving.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen S

Travelers are raving about these Fairview hotels

Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We recently stayed here this past week, due to all other hotels being booked due to Roar on the shore.. We came up for a week of bass fishing and figured we wouldnt be at the hotel much. After reading the horrible reviews.. needless to say I was scared. But let me tell you this hotel is NOT as bad as other people are saying... In Fact.. We stayed at the Inn at Presque Isle and the Lake Erie lodge, both are dingy, dirty, and way over priced. In the 7 years that we have been coming to Erie for our yearly fishing trip, this was by far the cleanest and most pleasant place to stay. I would definately recommend this hotel for family and business people... and the breakfast was tasty 2!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carrie V
Toronto, ON
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We scored this hotel on Expedia's unpublished rates site. After we learned the name of the hotel, we immediately checked TripAdvisor.com for opinions. We were horrified by what we read but obviously couldn't do anything to change it. I'm glad that we were informed by this site as to what to expect. We asked for king rooms on the second floor and were given two rooms across from each other. You can obviously see that the owners are trying to improve the area, but can do nothing about the surroundings. Our rooms were very clean and well tended each day of our two day shopping trip. Breakfast was included and decent enough. Good for a clean room and decent breakfast but wouldn't stay for more than a few days.

Room Tip: Make sure that you stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yardieliz
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I am a business professional and stay on the road about 5 months out of the year. This hotel is not setup for a weekend get-a-way with the family. But....if you need a bed, internet, TV and a decent breakfast this is a decent place for a decent price. I have stayed here on 3 separate occasions so far in 2012 and the property is improving each time I visit.

If you are looking for a super new, up to date hotel, drive another 20 miles and stay at a high end hotel in Erie for $125 a night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John K
Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We just returned from a vacation to the east coast and stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites-Presque Isle, 814-838-7647. Upon arrival at the location this building was located close to several vacant and run down businesses. Upon check in I was greeted by Ankar who was helpful and gave good directions to restuarants and the Lake Erie beach. In my opinion we parked on the southside of the building and entered the breezeway and found this area to be dirty and run down. Climbing the stairs to the second floor and walking down the hallway, looking up at the ceiling tiles there were several with a large amount of mold and some tiles hanging down. We entered the room which was average but later in the night found there was mold around the windows.
Breakfast the next morning was located in a room that is a restuarant in morning and bar at night. Kathleen was the hostess and she was friendly and good with the customers.
They said they had a buffet for breakfast but the cook had to prepare your eggs and then you had the choice of sausage or biscuits and gravy.
Both Ankar and Kathleen were pleasant and helpful but the hotel itself was poor.
I would suggest no matter how tired you were,,,,,keep driving.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mike S
Irvington, New Jersey
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I am accustomed to the Marriott but this was the only thing available. Never again will I stay here nor would I recommend. The place is dingy, old, and not clean at all. For $84 I got Internet usage and a spiffy microwave refrigerator and working TV! I did not use the bathroom facilities to bathe nor did I utilize the bed. If it wasn't for my sister who needed a few hours of sleep we would be at my daughters dorm on the couch or in the car.
Do Not Stay Here if you are looking for comfort! I feel like I am in the movie Wrong Turn!

Room Tip: Surprisingling Room 139 has no cig smoke or musty smell!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MsBly35
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Red Roof Inn Erie
Red Roof Inn Erie
#8 of 38 in Erie
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie
Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fairview? Share your experiences!