No photo provided
Peppino's Wine Bar and Italian Chop House
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Fairview
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (814) 474-2016 They do not have a formal web site, but they do have a facebook page.
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The calamari misto is so amazing! Spicy and great! I had the sausage carbonara which was so good. My husband had the eggplant parmigiana was amazing. Everything was so good. Great wine. Who couldn't love this place! We will be back soon! Like tomorrow!

There are newer reviews for Peppino's Wine Bar and Italian Chop House

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I don't understand how the previous reviewers could get this so wrong. Upon entrance and being seated, the staff promptly forgot about us and served people who came in after we did. Not the waitress's fault (maybe) and she apologized profusely. We were seated at a small table near the huge bar, and after about 5 minutes as people began to enter, my wife and I could not hear each other because of the racket. We had to practically shout across the table. I was looking forward to some kind of seafood dinner, but believe it or not, other than a calamari appetizer, a salad with salmon, and a linguine with clam sauce, there were no seafood dishes. Can you imagine an Italian restaurant without seafood entrees? No shrimp on the menu, no mussels, no scallops. That should have been my first tip-off that something was wrong. OK, so it's mostly a meat house. We began with the fried calamari, to which they added pieces of hot peppers. Mercifully, the calamari was not overcooked, but the peppers detracted from the taste. We then ordered two spaghetti dishes, one with veal and other meats, and one mostly with stuff like pancetta, ham, etc. in a "creamy tomato sauce." They were beyond disgusting. The "sauce" was some strange, heavy concoction of slimy stuff with a little bit of tomato, and the rest was chopped, salty meat. The "veal" was a couple pieces of dry, tasteless strips. We practically gagged on a couple bites of this junk, asked for the check and left. With a $36 bottle of chianti that would have cost $12 at the local liquor store and a tip, the bill came to $110. Stay away from this place.

8  Thank Jer913
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've moved to Fairview recently, and eaten at many restaurants. Fairview is a small town, west of Erie, PA.

Peppino's is by far the best Italian restaurant, and best local restaurant overall.

The food is very good -- and I'm Italian and a cook myself. I've eaten in Italian restaurants all over the USA and in Italy too, and while Peppino's isn't world-class, it's very good for the local area. All the dishes I've had have been well prepared, and authentic. They're also not overly spicy like so many Italian places.

The atmosphere is casual, quiet, and fun.

Service is excellent. The owner spoke to me each time I was there. The bartender was very friendly, willing to talk, yet also willing to let me have time to myself. Other wait-staff is equally friendly.

Overall, a great find. A bit off the path on Rt 5 in Fairview.

1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This is our "go to " restaurant for guests and special occasions. The most recent visit was for a family dinner for nine. Our sister in law from California was impressed by the wine selection, private dining room and incredible lobster ravioli. The bustling bar area is great for most evenings but a bit loud for some. Never a disappointment in food or service.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We eat here often! The food is always fresh. The scallops can't be beat! The linguini and clam sauce is another great choice....or the ahi tuna if it is a special that night. Really great food. Nice choice of wines as well. We will be back again...soon! Yum!