“I can not wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757

The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757
Ranked #1 of 1 Fairfield B&B and Inns
Tinton Falls
“I can not wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I loved the Fairfield Inn! Me and my husband stayed in the lovely Patrick Henry room for two nights while we visited Gettysburg. We take a Halloween vacation every October so we try to pick a good haunted spot and Gettysburg did not disappoint us. The Fairfield Inn was exactly what we were looking for. I felt I was transported back in time. I also had a ghostly experience that added something really special to the trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pasadena, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I went to the Fairfield Inn for a weekend getaway to celebrate his 30 th birthday. After driving two hours in the pouring down rain, we were very disappointed to discover the room had no heat. The Inn Keepers solution was to give us extra blankets for our two night stay. Obviously we were nit looking to bundle up like Eskimos for the next 48 hours, so we had to turn around and drive all the way back home. The Inn keeper was not the least bit apologetic and was actually a tad arrogant about the whole thing. Lots of other people have had good things to say about this Inn and I don't discount their reviews, but my experience was not good at all.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank HapyKamper
John G K, Owner at The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I remember this couple well. They were understandably not happy with the lack of heat. It was early in the cool season, and the workman came the following week for system maintenance. I did apologize to them for the inconvenience, refunded all their money, and wished them a safe journey.
The couple did seem to enjoy their meal in the restaurant.
Bennington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just came back from a wonderful trip to Pennsylvania. We stayed at the historic 1757 Fairfield Inn and were delighted and pleased at our stay. The owner John is very friendly and a terrific innkeeper. He gave us several tips on where to eat in Fairfield and Gettysburg and we were not disappointed! The room was charming and historic! Any minor problems we encountered while at the inn were immediately fixed with graciousness and humor. We loved the historical aspect of the Inn with a very modern and clean bathroom.

We enjoyed breakfast at the Inn each morning and enjoyed our server and chef Terry. We stayed a week and by the 2nd day he had our beverage choices ready as soon as we were seated. Breakfast was delicious and something different everyday. It was more than enough to get us through our morning activities . One day we had an apple dish in a ramekin as one of the breakfast sides and it was the perfect fall breakfast treat.

We had dinner at the Inn one night and it was just perfect. My husband had their signature dish of chicken and biscuits, I had the Yankee pot roast. One of the side dishes was punkin fritters, they were melt in your mouth heavenly delicious. It was all scrumptious!

If you are traveling through this area and looking for a Bed and Breakfast this is the place to stay. I was nervous at first as we had booked this vacation a year in advance and the Inn had changed owners during that year. All my fears vanished by the first night there. We will plan to use this Inn again on future trips. We love this area of Pennsylvania and are sure to return! If you are not looking for a Bed and Breakfast just go to the Inn for dinner in the Tavern or restaurant. You are sure to be pleased, We were!!

Room Tip: We were in the Grumble Jones room it had a smaller bathroom than the other rooms, we peeked when the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Grover, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My mother and I stayed in the Threee Colonels room and it was fabulous!! The floor tilted and had old time furnishings that added to the charm of the place. The Assistant Inn Keeper Annette was so friendly and very helpful and was a great server for our breakfast each morning. John, the owner was fabulous too. One night my mom needed a sandwich and of course she waited until the chef had already gone home. I asked John about where to get a sandwich and he told me there was a place about a block away, then he said " never mind, will a ham and cheese sandwich be ok"? I told him sure.....he made her a ham and swiss cheese sandwich on wheat toast with mustard.I asked him "How much"? He said " I wouldn't know what to charge for a sandwich" lol It was very good, I had a bite. lol We both just loved it there and the next time we go up that way, we will be staying there.

Room Tip: Due to the place being so old, there are a few leaks in the walls and under the doors due to floors...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary A
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family visited this bed and breakfast. The location is very nice in that it's just close enough to Gettysburg for visiting, but you don't have to experience all the crowds and noise in the evening. Our family had two rooms in the Inn which was plenty of room for our group. The owners leave you a key so that you can come and go as you please, it makes for a nice home-away-from home. The rooms were beautiful and of course the claw foot tubs are the only way to bathe! The breakfast and service of the staff was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michelle h
Durham, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I used the Fairfied Inn as a headquarters for exploring Gettysburg. We had the 3 Colonels room on the top floor. It was a beautifully appointed room. Nice living room/parlor area with a great old chess set/table in the center of the room. Bedroom was just fine and the bathroom was huge with a claw foot tub. All the floors were slightly off kilter, which added to the colonial charm of the place.

John, the new owner, was very gracious and sat down with us at dinner to answer a few history questions about the area. The entire staff was terrific, warm, and friendly.

John told us before we arrived that the Inn had yet to procure its liquor license. I have to say, bringing a bottle of wine you like to dinner (and paying only $10 for it...) was a pleasurable experience. Would have spent 3X more if we bought it by the glass. Food was really top notch. The dimly lit, historic Inn/restaurant was comfortable, uncrowded, and the service was excellent.

It was an easy (and pretty )10-minute drive to Gettysburg. We were so glad that we opted for an inn in the country instead of staying in Gettysburg. If you want to relax and soak up history at the same time, the Historic Fairfield Inn 1757 is for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff L
tustin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We recently dined at the restaurant at this historic and charming inn and followed dinner with a tour of the inn itself. It's refreshing to find an upscale restaurant that doesn't rely on a la carte for a dinner. We each enjoyed a different entree accompanied by a veggie and either potato, rice or pumpkin fritters. All were equally delish as were the entrees of prime rib, crab cakes, and fish. Salad was also included. It appears the owner is re establishing the reputation of this place. The owner came by to introduce himself and give us a little background and invited us to tour the guest rooms which are very charming in period decor, also very spacious. We had a super waitress both efficient and friendly. I would definitely recommend the Fairfield Inn when in the Gettysburg area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sheila h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Wyndham Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg
#7 of 28 in Gettysburg
4.5 of 5 stars 1,417 reviews
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield

Been to The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757? Share your experiences!