Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville
  • Pool
$149
Sheraton.com
$129
All reviewspour housefront deskexcellent locationmall across the streetwithin walking distancebusiness tripgreat place to staysoccer tournamentvalue for the moneyhome away from homedefinitely stay here againstaff was friendlybreakfast areabeds were comfortablenice breakfastcollegerefrigerator
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We arrived late on a Friday night and they only had one room available: two double beds for four adult-sized people. While the room itself was clean and decorated nicely, the beds were ROCK hard and tiny. The air unit was very, very loud and only blew very hot or very cold, so we never were comfortable. The room smelled smokey, despite being a non-smoking room. The "food" was convenience store level quality. If it had been a $60 or less hotel, we would have been more than happy. But at $120 plus tax, I really expected more.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
express120, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

To officedog:
We wanted to take the time to respond to your Trip Advisor Review about your hotel stay here in early July. We're extremely sorry that you were disappointed in your stay here with us and hope that you come back to us in the future to try again! We are in the process of changing out the older A/C units in the room and replacing them with newer wall mounted A/C units that won't bother your sleep. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is a mandated standard from our hotel company "IHG"- we only have a little control over the food selection. BUT what we do have control over is the level of service that is provided by the Breakfast Bar hostess' and hopefully they WOWed you! If you plan on coming back to the area, please give us a call personally and we will be more than happy to accomodate you! Happy travels!

Reviewed May 22, 2010

Friendly and accomodating staff; Decent room; Conveniently located

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! Short, sweet and to the point but amazing! We hope to see you again soon! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I've stayed at a lot of the hotels in the West Chester area and this is far and away the best value and the best experience. The rooms are always clean and the location is great -- near a mall, a park, and lots of restaurants. But the thing that really sets this hotel apart is the staff. You're not likely to find a friendlier or more helpful staff anywhere, not even in hotels costing a lot more.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Clarinetistic
expressext, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2010

WOW! How refreshing to hear such positive comments about our staff! Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this review, it means more than you could imagine! Our staff loves to read these reviews, and really gets a motivational kick out of positive feedback! This will continue to motivate them and we thank you so very much!

Reviewed March 15, 2010

This is a nice hotel that is located close to shops, supermarkets and restaurants all within a 5 min walking distance. The only thing that was lacking was there was no cinema for miles! There is ample parking and a range of amenities like an indoor gym and an outdoor swimming pool.

The room that I checked into was quite a good sized room. Had 2 double beds, an armchair, a table with TV and alarm clock and CD player all included. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was the best, the pressure was excellent and the water hot if you really wanted it hot! The staff are quite friendly and helpful with arranging trips to nearby sightseeing places. They also served a buffet breakfast every morning and had the daily paper delivered to your door. The checkout was also fuss free; I just returned the keys and they gave me my receipt, everything was done within 5 minutes.

Overall, I would say that the service received at this hotel has been among the best that I have experienced so far, better than some 5 star hotels that I had been to in some other countries. Will definitely be staying there again if I ever return to that area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
expressext, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2010

Thank you for your review!! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Next time you return, maybe we'll be able to locate a closer cinema! What spoke to us the most out of your review was when you said, "I would say that the service received at this hotel has been among the best that I have experienced so far, better than some 5 star hotels that I had been to in some other countries." WOW! Thank you for that comment- you have made our staff extremely proud!

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I stay here all of the time when I'm in the area. The girls at the desk are great, maintenance was prompt the one time I needed them, and the lady who runs the breakfast are in the morning is fantastic and very pleasant. They have a great sports bar across the parking lot with a good happy hour and great pub style food. The rooms are all in great condition, good size, comfortable bed, nice shower with hot water and great pressure. Nice location close to a lot of shopping and a few good restaurants. For the price you can't beat it. There are other options up the street but they are pretty dated and more expensive. I ALWAYS stay at this hotel when in the area. That's why I'm writing this review. I can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jgrz0610
express120, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2010

To jrgz0610: Wow! Your amazingly kind words have made our staff jump for joy! You even took the time to point out something great in every one of our staff departments, and for THAT we are more than grateful. Your perfect scores have brought us a feeling of great success, and we hope to be able to convey that to ALL of our guests. We truly pride ourselves on being "Genuine People who deliver an Excellent Guest Experience," and we thank you for being able to recognize how hard we work for you, our guest! Thank you again, we can not say thank you enough! See you next time!