“The exceptional staff and a good value make this a very good hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Dallas, Texas
“The exceptional staff and a good value make this a very good hotel”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I am a weekly traveler for work. During a long term project in the area, I stayed at this hotel about 50 times. I originally chose the hotel because I've had good experiences at Holiday Inn Express hotels in the past, but I kept staying at the hotel because the staff made me enjoy my stay.

They are young, they are friendly and they are committed to service. They always ensure that I get the same room every week and everything is ready for me when I arrive. The most important thing about the staff is they know when I want to be left alone and they know when I want them to be engaging.

The hotel is very close to a several shops and restaurants. They range from mega chains to great local establishments. The furnishings in the hotel are up to date and the hotel is clean. All of these factors make for a great hotel at a good value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
express120, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Jsneden: Your review is one our staff holds close to their hearts. It is posted all throughout the hotel for all of our employees to read and your words are constant motivators. Thank you for staying with us and we're so glad to be able to accommodate you with your favorite room every week! We always look forward to your arrival and thank you for all of your positive comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
East Hartford, CT
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Having traveled a bit, I have found that Holiday Inn Express hotels are good bets. This one is very good. Clean rooms, helpful staff, nice breakfast, good location - all make for an undeniably good value.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Western PA
Reviewed March 13, 2008

This is the hotel of choice when I'm traveling to the Philadelphia area for business. The staff is wonderful - I walk in and it's as if the front desk has anxiously been awaiting my arrival all day. The rooms are impeccably clean yet warm and inviting. This hotel and staff 'GET IT' when it comes to quality customer service... this hotel offers 5 star service with affordable rates.

• Liked — When I come here, I feel as if I am their only guest!
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Stayed at the hotel because I was attending a work related event in the area. The accommodations at the holiday inn express are an excellent value. The beds are very comfortable, clean linens and towels and overall the room was very clean. Upon arrival we asked the front desk to recommend a restaurant for dinner. The Ship's Inn was recommended and the front desk called and made a reservation for us. I have to say that the meal I had was one of the top 5 meals I've had in my life. So, I was very pleased by the front desks recommendation and would recommend the restaurant to anyone staying in the area. It was a bit pricy, but worth every dollar. The breakfast in the morning was the usual Holiday Inn Express offerings and the staff did an excellent job making sure the area was clean. I would definitely stay here again and for the area the price was fantastic.

• Liked — Bed comfort
  • Disliked — checking out took too long, employees didn't seem to know what was going on
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2007

GOOD POINTS:
Comfortable, cozy, beautifully decorated rooms. Furnishings, drapes, carpeting looked brand new.
Very clean.
Free continental breakfast in a nicely appointed lounge next to the front lobby.
Courteous front desk clerks.
Ample free parking.
Great location at intersection of routes 30 and 100, with easy access to route 202, King of Prussia, route 422 by-pass, and Philadelphia (about 30 minutes away by car along 4-lane highways).
Large indoor shopping mall a block away.

NEGATIVES: They placed us in a room near the elevators and we could hear them whenever they were in use. Occasional noise in the otherwise quiet corridors from kids' sports teams. Only one computer available for going online (hotel appears to be wireless for laptops) means long waits to check email.

OVERALL: A very nice, clean, hotel that looks recently redecorated.

• Liked — Cleanliness, service, free breakfast and free parking.
  • Disliked — Being placed in a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2007
1 Thank pogitraveler
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 14, 2007

Last weekend, we found ourselves unexpectedly in need of a motel room and this place had a vacancy. What a pleasant surprise! The place is exceedingly well run. The room was immaculate and comfortable, the free breakfast had a full-time attendant making sure tables were cleaned up promptly and everything was available, and the staff was efficient and courteous. On top of that, their room rate is quite a bit lower than others in the area.

Stayed May 2007
california
Reviewed July 31, 2006

I stayed here for two weeks. Great Hotel. Very nice Hotel. walking distance to so much places to eat. the Winner Circle sports bar accross the street is a must for the Friday night all you can eat Crab.

• Liked — mostly everything
  • Disliked — no paper on weekends
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 8 in Exton
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!