“Great staff, room needed updating”

Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Stony Brook
“Great staff, room needed updating”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was greeted warmly, treated well and the service was wonderful, but the room I was had an off-odor and was badly in need of new mattresses. They were worn out, extremely soft to the point of being saggy, which I only noticed after I had already disrobed. On the other hand, breakfast was much better than average, with great sausages, well-browned "mini-omelettes" that were cooked better and had more flavor than the typical microwaved egg-and-cheese half circles that I've had in other hotels. Guarded recommendation - great staff, good breakfast but check the bedding and be prepared to change rooms if necessary. If mushy mattresses are your thing, add a star.

Room Tip: Check the mattresses when you get in the room to make sure they're up to your standards.
1 Thank pondman1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear pondman1,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I am glad you had a positive experience with our. I apologize you were not satisfied with the room accommodations and amenities you received. We will address these points to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fincastle, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Easy to get in and out of motel onto the main roads (Rt 100 or Rt 30) Very convenient to about any type of food you could want and even frozen yogurt from TCBY. Shopping area is available within walking distance as are many of the restaurants.
The room price is not out of line for most motels of this type and for this area. Property is well staffed, rooms are comfortable and everything is neat, clean and in good condition. Room amenities are as expected. Desk staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIEExton120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
BillP: Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. The area is full of many things to do within walking distance, so its great to hear you took full advantage of the places in the area. Our team takes pride in our hotel, and making sure our guests feel like family each and everytime the walk in. Thank you again, and look forward to seeing you when your in the area again.
Amy Collins
Operations Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wanted to express my appreciation for the outstanding service we received during our stay at your hotel. In particular Victoria, she was very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for her excellent customer service. We as a company always want strong manager like Victoria. We ask her many of questions some out of the box, she answer all of them with that wonderful smile she has, thank her again for being such an outstanding ambassador for the Holiday Inn Express. We will definitely be staying with you again

Regard
Nancy Trappe

Room Tip: ask Victoria she move me to her favorite room
1 Thank nancy t
NancyT: We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are very fortunate to have a team member like Victoria who goes above and beyond for our guests. We are pleased to know your stay was great! Look forward to seeing you again.

Amy Collins
Operations Manager
Oriskany, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at a number of Holiday Inn Express Hotels. I am always pleased and never disappointed. The staff in Exton was very accommodating. I arrived early and they were more than happy to give me an early check in. I arrived at 11 am and had a room by 1130. The manager had the cleaning staff get a room ready for me as soon as I walked in. You don't usually see this at any other hotel. The room was clean and well stocked with towels. The Holiday Inn Express is the only Hotel I stay at that does not give me a hard time about parking my motorcycle under the awning during my stay. I would HIGHLY recommend people to stay at any Holiday Inn Express. I would like to see the cooperate office try and become the national hotel sponsor for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Ride for Kids. This is the foundation I work for and do travel with. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We raise money through motorcycle events to fund research for childhood brain tumors. Thank you for everything and I look forwrd to staying at the next Express.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pristine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jason P: We thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are pleased to know we could get you into your room early so you could get to the places you needed to be at. The pleasure is ours to be sure your stay with us is a great stay, as well as a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you next fall for the Ride for Kids Benefit.
Amy Collins; Operations Manager
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am in the Army and had to stay here for 12 days straight and all I can really say is that the staff here made me feel like home while I was away from home! They are very nice people and I can tell they work hard! A big shout out to Jerry, Victoria, Heike, and Elaine for their wonderful personalities and treating me so well! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIEExton120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Bryanna K. Thank you so much for taking the time to give "shout outs" to our family! We are very fortunate to have some amazing employees that help to make our guests feel like family. It's so nice to hear thats how your stay with us felt and you felt like you were home. We look forward to seeing you back at our home, when your back in Exton again.
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2013

taking my daughter to college stop here for the weekend had know ideas this hotel was here there are so many of them in this area . this hotel is surround by everything, malls small stores, food, anything you want. but most of all, if you come here ask for Mrs. Victoria, she is the best thing that is happen at this hotel, she will help you with anything. I watch her help people, who did not stay here, she is a wonderful person.

Room Tip: ask for Victoria
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
express120, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Sharon O,
How very kind of you to take the time to comment on your recent stay. We are most fortunate to be in a very convenient location but without a great staff we are just another building in a suburban commercial area. It is our people, like Victoria, who make a stay with us memorable. With leadership like Victoria's we have endeavored to create a culture of caring, first class service and it is so rewarding to hear comments like yours. Thank you so very much and we hope to see you again soon.
Oradell, New Jersey
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for a soccer tournament. We checked in to our first floor room (114) and I immediately noticed that the top sheet had a dark stain on it. The bottom sheet had a half dollar sized stain at the head. The window shelf had a large dead spider on it, and various webs, so I decided to ask for a new room. I was given a room two doors down (116), and was happy to find that the bedding appeared clean, though the room smelled moldy. The window sill had a dead bee on it, the A/C unit had a thick layer of dust on it, and the wallpaper under the window had black mold growing on it. Giving up on finding a nice room, we settled in, and enjoyed the mildew stained shower, and assorted hairs throughout.

The Staff was curt and unapologetic for the first room issues, and didn't even ask how the second room was when I returned the first set of keys. I'm not picky, but wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIEExton120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced inconviences during your stay, and we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate all reviews that we recieve from valued guest like you. This enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure we do not fall short for our future guests. We hope that when you return to the Exton area, you will give us another chance to make your stay everything you expect and more.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 8 in Exton
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Chester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!