“Excellent value”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Exton
USA
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2008

Stayed at the hotel because I was attending a work related event in the area. The accommodations at the holiday inn express are an excellent value. The beds are very comfortable, clean linens and towels and overall the room was very clean. Upon arrival we asked the front desk to recommend a restaurant for dinner. The Ship's Inn was recommended and the front desk called and made a reservation for us. I have to say that the meal I had was one of the top 5 meals I've had in my life. So, I was very pleased by the front desks recommendation and would recommend the restaurant to anyone staying in the area. It was a bit pricy, but worth every dollar. The breakfast in the morning was the usual Holiday Inn Express offerings and the staff did an excellent job making sure the area was clean. I would definitely stay here again and for the area the price was fantastic.

• Liked — Bed comfort
  • Disliked — checking out took too long, employees didn't seem to know what was going on
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

GOOD POINTS:
Comfortable, cozy, beautifully decorated rooms. Furnishings, drapes, carpeting looked brand new.
Very clean.
Free continental breakfast in a nicely appointed lounge next to the front lobby.
Courteous front desk clerks.
Ample free parking.
Great location at intersection of routes 30 and 100, with easy access to route 202, King of Prussia, route 422 by-pass, and Philadelphia (about 30 minutes away by car along 4-lane highways).
Large indoor shopping mall a block away.

NEGATIVES: They placed us in a room near the elevators and we could hear them whenever they were in use. Occasional noise in the otherwise quiet corridors from kids' sports teams. Only one computer available for going online (hotel appears to be wireless for laptops) means long waits to check email.

OVERALL: A very nice, clean, hotel that looks recently redecorated.

• Liked — Cleanliness, service, free breakfast and free parking.
  • Disliked — Being placed in a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pogitraveler
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

Last weekend, we found ourselves unexpectedly in need of a motel room and this place had a vacancy. What a pleasant surprise! The place is exceedingly well run. The room was immaculate and comfortable, the free breakfast had a full-time attendant making sure tables were cleaned up promptly and everything was available, and the staff was efficient and courteous. On top of that, their room rate is quite a bit lower than others in the area.

Stayed May 2007
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2006

I stayed here for two weeks. Great Hotel. Very nice Hotel. walking distance to so much places to eat. the Winner Circle sports bar accross the street is a must for the Friday night all you can eat Crab.

• Liked — mostly everything
  • Disliked — no paper on weekends
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2006

They should just close the doors on this place. It is awful!!!! Condom wrappers in my room and rude staff. First room was dirty, never cleaned and the second room had someone in it. Never tried a 3rd room, moved to the Inn at Chester Springs.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2006

I visited this hotel because my husband works in the area and stays at this hotel.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is courteous and very friendly. The included breakfast is very good with lots of choices. The area has lots of shops, restaurants and other activities. It is a great place to start exploring the Amish country. My stays at this hotel have always been very enjoyable. They treat me like a queen. I understand why my husband stays at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2005

My son is involved in sports and over the summer his team was invited to participate in a tournament in the Exton area. The tournament had a suggested list of hotels, but we chose this one based solely on the proximity of the location to the field the team would be playing at. Being a Holiday Inn Express, I expected a pleasant stay, but I didn't expect what I got. The first morning of the tournament, our first game was to be played very early--5:00AM. Breakfast wasn't supposed to start until six but, as I was the first to rise and decided to go for a little walk to start the morning at 3:30, I came to the lobby to see that breakfast was already mostly set up. I asked the gentleman as he was setting it up if he always sets it up at thie time and his response was, 'No, I just figured that the team would like to get off to a good start.'

Unfortunately the start was good but the outcome of the game didn't match. We were eliminated early in the tournament, but we decided to stay through the entire weekend anyway to take in the excellent shopping not too far from the hotel. When it was time to go home on sunday morning, we almost didn't want to leave

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 8 in Exton
Comfort Suites Exton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!