“Great stays, great staff!”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I travel quite frequently, and am in hotels almost every week. I have to say the Fairfield Inn has some of the best people I have encountered in my travels. Dawn and Nancy, who are an integral part of the front desk team, make the experience feel like you're staying with friends. They go out of their way to help, always have a smile, and they follow up to make sure your stay is positive. The General Manager is engaged in making sure guests are well taken care of, and clearly creates a great team dynamic. They give meaning to superior customer service.

The hotel is also quiet, convenient, and a place I would recommend staying!

Room Tip: Back side quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I will convey your postive comments to Dawn and Nancy!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton

Reviewed December 13, 2013

As a business travel I expect hotels to have adequate and stable internet service. This hotel did not. I will not be staying with Fairfield again. I cannot afford the aggravation and wasted time trying to troubleshoot the internet.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bryan L
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

I truly apologize that you could not complete your Business related tasks because of Internet Issues during your recent stay. We realize that it is very important to your Business on the road. We contacted our Internet Support Team, and they discovered and have corrected various issues regarding the Internet Service.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.....

Reviewed December 10, 2013

love staying here, but this week in room 4xx, there is NO internet reception. considering that I check upon teams in India, I cannot reach them. it was a similar situation last week in room 4xx.

the staff is great, great rate, just the internet needs fixing!

thanks
joseph banegas
platinum
member

Room Tip: internet is sometimes a problem in upper floors away from the lobby. no access thisweek, nor last w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I truly apologize for you experiencing Internet Issues during your stay. We realize that our road warriors need reliable Internet Access, and that it is vital. We have contacted our Internet Support Team and they did find and correct various issues with regards to Guest Internet Access.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton for two nights last weekend, then extended to a third night due to poor driving weather. The room, was simple, but clean. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was nice, with hot food, which was unexpected for the price point. The gym is minimal, but the machines there were in good condition and a sign indicated complementary access to full gym off the premises. It was extremely easy access off and on the turnpike. Is was located near several shopping centers and family/chain restaurants. We also used the in room refrigerator and microwave. I would have given higher rating, but furniture, wall paper,carpeting etc is showing wear. Definitely time for an update, but acceptable due to the pricing. I was especially pleased that when I had to add the extra night, I was given good pricing in the midst of the snow storm. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We were honored to have you stay with us here in Exton, and that all your needs were met, and that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We truly appreciate you as a valued Guest!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels whenever possible on my business trips. Customer service is always good, but this time it was beyond great. Truly exceptional. This hotel was also a great value. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013

We thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Brand. Our Staff has a goal to "WOW" each and every Guest. Please visit us again!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Fairfield gave me a clean room, good WIFI, friendly staff, easy access from route 100 & PA turnpike and good parking. Near many restaurants. Definitely will stay here again. Terrific room rate and Marriott reputation -- can't be beat!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, and more importantly, that we were able to meet all of your needs to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Cons:

1) Outdated. Dingy furniture, hard bed, old carpet
2) Wifi is unusable... you can check your email on gmail (if your lucky), but anything beyond web page views is near impossible. Even on days when the hotel is almost empty it doesn't work.
3) The hotel room keys stop working after 2 - 3 days. It only happens here, but the front desk staff tries to blame you for it anyway...
4) The staff in general are not really into their jobs... look slobbish, aren't out of their way friendly, etc.
5) Only place to buy food/drinks is in the machines

The pros:

1) Its the cheapest Marriott in West Chester area
2) It gives Marriott points

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Thank chris.r.copeland

First, I want to thank you for staying with us again! Your loyalty to Marriott is very much appreciated! We apologize for the issues you encountered during your past stay, and would love to make this right with you. We see you do have another future reservation, so I would love to talk to you about the issues you had. When you next check in, please have one of our Front Desk Agents contact me right way so that I will have a chance to ensure your stay is to your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 9 in Exton
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Exton Route 30

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton? Share your experiences!