“Not bad for a business stay!”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

In fairness to everyone, how good or bad can a hotel be if you are only there for 10 hours? I had a great, quiet night's sleep, had very nice reading light, more-than-adequate shower, then downstairs to check out. Except there was an amazing breakfast served in the lobby! And the best part, a front desk clerk, Erika, who was friendly with a nice smile and who greeted everyone as though she really did care if you had a nice day. Seriously, if you are away from your family on business, the next best thing is to start your day off with an Erika greeting. Managers: take note, as any place can give you the essentials but it is the personal touch that brings clients back the next time.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank diane g
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! We are glad that you enjoyed your Room and our Hot Breakfast! Ericka is truly one of our many Stars, who always gives a 110%.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

While my experience at this hotel was ok, there could be improvements made to the site. Hallways smell musty and carpet is old and worn. My room, however, was very clean and presentable. Very good WiFi connectivity, and staff was very friendly and helpful. One of the major drawbacks of this hotel is its location. It is in a heavily congested area and getting out of the hotel property onto the streets that border it can be a nightmare depending on time of day.
Overall, this is a decent hotel that just needs a good refreshing. If you get a super deal to stay here it's worth a look, otherwise look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are very glad that you enjoyed your clean room and WiFi! We are slated for Lobby/Room Renovations shortly, so please do come back and see our new look!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and breakfast was very good. My only complaints were the slow running sink i the bathroom (minor) and there is no "auto fan" on the HVAC so it ran constantly if you wanted to try to maintain a reasonable room temperature, so the only real option is to turn it off if the noise bothered you and wake-up really cold.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Our goal is to "WOW" each and every Guest that stays with us, so thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve YOU!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is one of the best places I've stayed in a long time. The room was quiet and comfortable, and the hotel staff were fantastic. I've been traveling a lot this year, and have stayed in a number of different hotels, and this was the best of them all.

And I was even more impressed after the stay way over. I had inadvertently left my wallet in the room. Nancy, the person behind the front desk when I called, not only remembered me from checking me in, but made sure I was able to speak with the GM, David, immediately. I had already been impressed with Nancy's professionalism the night before, but her care with me as we worked through what to do about the wallet was wonderful. And David went way above and beyond the call of duty -- he packaged up my wallet, and overnighted it to me to arrive as soon as possible -- at no charge!

I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.
In responding to another recent reviewer -- sure, the rooms could be a updated a little -- but they were clean and quiet -- and everything was in top notch working order. I especially liked having a freezer area of the fridge -- that's far beyond what most other hotels offer. And....I would trade updated decor any day for the customer service, cleanliness and overall great feeling of this hotel. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad to help getting your wallet back to in a timely manner. We put ourselves in your shoes! Thank you very much for your kind words!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

High value place to stay. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Check in and front desk staff were super friendly. The breakfast area is not too large, but the complimentary breakfast had good choices and fresh fruit, fresh eggs and sausage, bagels, yogurt, cakes, juices, etc. Saves the stress of finding a place to eat breakfast, saves time and cost of eating out. Highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are much quieter than the front
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad we were able to meet your needs during your stay, and thank you for the recommendation!!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at three different hotels on this trip and this one was the best. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff were very pleasant and helped direct us to local restaurants. The breakfast area is not too large, but the complimentary breakfast had good choices and fresh fruit, which not all hotels provide. The location is very convenient for area sites and the PA turnpike.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! And thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

In desperate need of a makeover!
Check in and front desk staff were super friendly which was a pleasant surprise after a long journey. I was offered a room with a jacuzzi which I graciously accepted however upon entering my room, it became apparent that a1970's Jacuzzi tub complimented by a 1970's room over looking the car park was not what I had expected. Everything looked old and run down, chipped or peeling furniture. Super comfy bed, spent 1 night and then couldn't wait to get the hell out.
Hotel needs a good makeover.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

First, I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a Review! We are on the final stages of planning for Lobby/Room Renovations, so if your in the area come January, please visit us so that me can show off our new look!