“Good Margarita, Downhill from There”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #23 of 129 Restaurants in Exton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Margaritas are good but it goes down from there. I must admit I do love good Mexican food. I have had Mexican food in Mexico, California, Arizona, Texas, New York... And others so I consider myself a fairly good reviewer. This chain serves average Mexican dishes. I ate here with 5 others. Fajitas were ok for 2 of my party. As well as tacos. Cheese Enchiladas were so bad one bite was all we could take. Salsa was HOT... so hot you couldn't taste any of the other ingredients. Service was not good. Server forgot several key things. An empty glass was served with no beer. Waited so long guest had to go find server to get the beer. Fajitas were served with no tortillas. Meal was half eaten before they 'remembered' to bring them. One guest Had to return their meal, it was not correct. After a long wait meal was delivered with quac & sour cream was missing. Meal was cold by the time they were brought. Not a pleasant evening.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Group of 20 of us had dinner at this restaurant this past weekend and had a great experience. Zach was our waiter and did everything he could to keep us happy including filling the chip and salsa bowls frequently. These were homemade, I think, larger than life chips and the salsa had alittle kick to it so kudos to the chef.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I come here often with my family. I love the chips and salsa. I also like the taco salad and my daughter loves the kid nachos. The salsa has a bit of a spice which we like too. Staff is always friendly and very nice.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Took the family here to celebrate grandsons birthday. The guacamole was disappointing, needed more lime juice & cilantro, chips are large, fried and greasy. I had the chicken tortilla soup, it was tasteless and the chicken enchiladas were only average. Service was slow, but friendly.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

I did enjoy the chips and queso, but the service was slow to come greet me as a customer. I sat for probably 15 minutes before I asked the hostess who was standing right by me if I had a waitress. Once the young waitress came, she was very accommodating. I ordered the ulitmate Fajitas, this is the 2nd time I have eaten here, I am curious to why they use torn roast beef for the "steak" slices in a fajita. The chicken is rather slimy, almost like it's some other substance, I'm not entirely sure it is authentic chicken. The waitress completed her tasks in a timely manner, however the hostess was no where present to wish me a good day/evening and thank me for coming. These are just the little touches that are meaningful in dining out.