“This hotel is very loud! There was loud music blasting at...”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dixie B
Bryan815, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton

Reviewed March 13, 2013

this was a really nice hotel with nice friendly helpful staff. i went for a getaway with a group hosted by a great funny talented comedian named TALENT. it was my first time going with the groups and i didnt know anyone so it was so warming to have a great hotel staff. derrick was one of the front desk staff he was absolutely helpful. felt like i knew him. we even hugged the night before i left. the manager on duty was a cool guy. he may have been spanish (to distinguish him from any other manager) i seen him helping the bartender out at our party by making drinks so he could go on break. the bartender at the party named tom was AWESOME... he remembered everytime that i came up to the bar that i wanted a absolute vodak with pine apple juice and cranberry so the entire night i would go up to him (drunkly) and ask for it but he would be making it before i even asked.... the burgers at the hotel's restuarant are delicious and so is the Seafood bisque. the beds were comfortable and the room was very clean and nice looking. only thing i recomend is that they allow some of the workers to get some rest. seem like i seen the same black room service guy when i woke up and before i went to bed (which was weeeeeee hours of the morning)///if im ever in the area i highly recomend this hotel..

Room Tip: if your a smoker..dont fret.. going outside this hotel isnt so bad..wheather you smoke cigs or 420 f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments on your time as our guest. It always a pleasure to be a part of such a fun event. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Chris B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Exton, PA to attend the 2013 Philadelphia Flower Show. Our main reason to stay there was the shuttle (limited to within five miles of the hotel) they provide to and from the Exton SEPTA station. You don’t have to drive your car into downtown Philadelphia, have to find a parking space and spend additional money on parking which may break the bank. If I had a chance to have a summer vacation with the family, I would pick this hotel because of the train access and because it is in driving distance to the Brandywine Battlefield and its history, to Longwood Gardens and Winterthur’s Museum and gardens. For the shoppers, there is a tour of the QVC studios and lots of shopping available nearby.

This hotel has easy access to and from the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It is the perfect location. The hotel itself has many amenities, pools both indoor and outdoor, exercise room, business facilities, a restaurant with nightly specials and a breakfast room as well. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet on the backside of the hotel away from the highway. I really want to point out the wonderful staff this hotel has. The two people I had the pleasure of dealing with were Kelly and Anthony at the front desk. Kelly put up with my nonstop phone calls because of weather issues and questions and put my name on the shuttle schedule ahead of our arrival. When we arrived Anthony gave us the option of changing hotels. This has never happened to me in all of the years of traveling. He told us that they had two groups coming in that were annual guests and that the hotel was going to be noisy. He offered to move us to another hotel up the road and made sure that their top priority was that we were happy. Both of them couldn’t have been more helpful. Claudia, the hostess/waitress at breakfast was friendly and solicitous. The shuttle drivers (Dave and Jack) were both good drivers as well as were very helpful. All in all in it was a positive and appreciated experience because of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed experience of your time with us. I am always happy to see that our staff can make your trip memorable. Your comments will be shared with our whole team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

As I travel often for business, I have seen my fair share of hotel rooms. The sleeping quarters at this Wyndham were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the lounge was good with an omelette chef that remembered my order the next day. The pub menu I thoought was very inexpensive considering it is located in a hotel and the bar staff had a fresh beer in a cold glass ready for me before I could even ask. I will be returning for another stay next week!

Good job done by all!

Scott MacDonald

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is simply an old hotel that was bought out by Wyndham and re-branded. Our accommodations were sufficiently clean but the level of quality and service did not warrant the price. The front desk staff was unfriendly. The hallways were dark and outdated. The rooms were also dark, and the furnishings were showing considerable wear. The decor was nice, but the building was old and the room had a drop ceiling which gave it a very cheap and outdated feel. The linens were clean but I found several hairs on the sheets. The bed was very comfortable and offered us both a good night sleep. Breakfast is not included in the room rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveler027884
Chris B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. The hotel was built in the 1970's but has gone through several renovations over the past several years. We are currently updating all of our bathrooms with new tubs, granite countertops and floors. None of our rooms have drop ceilings and have all been updated within the last few years with bedding and new linens.
I will pass your comments onto our front desk, i know they will take this comment to heart and work harder in making sure they are pleasing all of our guests.
We welcome our guests feedback so we can make your stay even better.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have an issue with the bath towels and wash rags being located beside toilet, when men use toilet there is some splashing that occurs and with the towels located where they are at the splashing lands on towels. You need to have plugs easily accessiable for the people that use C-PAP machines. The only plug I found in my room was located behind the bed, when I pulled the bed away from the wall the dust, dirt and debrise was very promanent

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JIM C
Chris B, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Jim C,
Your comment is appreciated and I can understand your concerns about the towel location. The designers sometimes forget how the customer might perceive the functionality of certain designs. The trend over the last couple of years has been to get away from towel racks on go with shelving for the towels. Regarding electrical outlets, we have the ability to accomidate any request a guest might have concerning the need for another outlet. I will have the housekeeping department address the areas behind the night stand immediately.

We look forward to any and all comments to improve our hotel facility or service.