“Cheesesteak Dumplings = Yumm!”

Red Star Craft House
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Star Craft House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 129 Restaurants in Exton
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Showcasing craft beer, wood-fired dishes, pizza, artisan meats and cheeses. We also have an outdoor bar with fire pits, a cafe with to-go beer and food, and a 150-seat dining room.
Reviewed December 23, 2015

I overheard a few people at local fitness club discussing a recent visit to Red Star with great enthusiasm over the appetizers - so we decided to visit. The Cheesesteak Dumplings with sriracha ketchup/wasabi aioli/sesame were amazing! I also enjoyed the Wood Roasted Salmon with red kale/cauliflower/blistered baby tomatoes grilled pineapple mojo. My husband liked the sauce on his Meatloaf - he was not thrilled with the meat (not "bad" - however, he has had better). Overall the food was very good. As for drinks - there is a great variety and we enjoyed the Flight of beer which provided a great opportunity to sample several craft brews. We will return to sample more.

1  Thank Darlene F
The Dave Magrog... G, Public Relations Manager at Red Star Craft House, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2016

Darlene -

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We truly appreciate your insights and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your meal!

We do apologize about the meatloaf and I have forwarded your feedback to our entire management team so they have been made aware of your reviews!

We look forward to having you back in again soon -- have a wonderful week!

Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

Red star has a great lunch menu with well prepared food. They also have a great selection of beer on tap.

Their burgers and salads are a good choice

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback - we hope to have you back in again soon!

Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed December 9, 2015

My first trip here and first review were very disappointing. However, I attribute it to just a bad day/new restaurant trying to work out the kinks after my second visit.

I popped in with the same girlfriend I visited with the first time after some shopping. We had a few glasses of red wine and the cheese steak egg rolls for lunch. OMG, those egg rolls! They were amazing.

Our bartender was very nice as well. He was quick, attentive and made great suggestions. I forget his name, which is a shame as I wish I could praise him. Might've been Matt? He had a beard I think?

The wine was delicious. Only complaint is it's a little pricey here, but otherwise I can see myself returning more often now. I'm glad I gave it a second change.

1  Thank Courtney S
The Dave Magrog... G, Public Relations Manager at Red Star Craft House, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback -- we are so thrilled to hear your second visit with us was a much better one!

We truly appreciate your time and insights and hope to have you back in again soon!

Have a wonderful rest of your week and happy holidays!

Reviewed December 5, 2015

We have been here many times for lunch and dinner, but this was probably the last time we visit due to the wacky waitress. This trip was beyond frustrating and annoying. There were 7 of us trying to get dinner, and I say ' trying' in the real sense of the word.
The waitress was so bad at her job from a technical aspect, she was a nice person.
I don't know where to start with the issues.
She came to the table fast, but we had one drink menu, then she came back in 4 mins and asked what we wanted to drink, we said we had no idea, there was 7 of us and one drink menu, she then disappeared for 5 mins, and came back with 1 more menu.
Then she asked half of us what appetizers we wanted and ran away before 1 of us could answer, even though we called after her. I had to get up and hunt her down.
The main courses came up very slow, we had sat there for an hour at this point.
We ate dinner, the food was great, no complaints.
By this time we had been there 2 hours. We decided against our better judgement to get dessert. She delivered coffee only after a 20 min wait with no sugar, that took another 5 mins to get. Then we asked for the dessert tray, and one of us got something off the specials menu. The special arrived in 15 mins, but no dessert tray. I looked around and saw her walking back and forth 10 feet ahead, turning back 20 feet, running to another table and just being really weird. At this point 2.5 hours in, only one of us had eaten dessert, the coffee was long gone. Then 20 mins later, she arrives with the dessert tray, and gave my husband attitude when he said that we just wanted the check. We left a low tip, and we're really annoyed that we chose RedStar for out weekly night out.

We are so incredibly sorry about the service you experienced with us - it is entirely unacceptable.

I have forwarded your review to our entire management team including our CEO so they have been made aware and they will address this immediately with our staff.

Is there any way you would be willing to private message me your email address or reach out to our manager Katie (kschreck@redstarcrafthouse.com) so we can get more details about your visit as well as try and make this up to you personally?

We are so very sorry about this again -- it is in no way our standard.

We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you!

Have a wonderful week and happy holidays!

Reviewed November 3, 2015

We're from the area and have been here several times. I think its going from really good to just OK. We really like the atmosphere and beer selection. The service is generally good, but the food quality has gone from really good to just OK. I'd like to see them rethink their flatbreads for a tastier crust.

The Dave Magrog... G, Public Relations Manager at Red Star Craft House, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

We are extremely sorry about food quality you have received and I have made our entire management team aware of your feedback.

We are revamping our entire menu and hope you have a better experience the next time you are in!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your insights - we really appreciate it!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

The Dave Magrogan Group

Been to Red Star Craft House? Share your experiences!