“Just okay...”

Yokohama Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 125 Restaurants in Exton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stopped by for dinner tonight because we had a good experience at this restaurant last year. The staff were all very nice and it's a very kid-friendly place, but the food was really very average. The miso soup was good, but my wife's tempura was greasy and had an off-taste, as if the oil it had been fried in was rancid. My sashimi was good. My only other grip was that it took quite a while to get our food. The miso and apps came out quickly, but I waited an hour (at least) for the sushi and sashimi to arrive. Right now they only seem to have one sushi chef and he's slow. I would probably top by again if I'm passing through Exton, but I wouldn't rate this place as highly as some of the other reviewers here have.

There are newer reviews for Yokohama Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed September 2, 2010

We went there with our 2 year old and 6 month old and had a great time. Friendliest restauraunt we have been to in Exton. it could be the most convenient BYOB in Pennsylvania.. We say a State Store/Liquor Store across the parking lot and to the left of the restaurnt, zipped in got a bottle of wine and had it w/dinner. The staff are all very friendly and one thing I notice at restaurnats is how they interact with kids. Server was friendly and the person who cooked the food on the Grill infront of us was very friendly as well. Top notch place we will go back.

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Had lunch in this restaurant with my husband. I had 3 different rolls and they were all very good. My husband, who does not eat any seafood had steak and it was very delicious as well. Service was excellent. Would definitely go there again. I want to try their hibachi table - they are open only in the evening.

Reviewed September 29, 2009

My wife and I love this little BYOB Sushi Bar. Very friendly staff, and really great tasting sushi, I recommend the white tuna! They have grills to but we always go for the sushi.

1  Thank LostRailroadTrack
Reviewed May 15, 2009

If you like fresh sushi, a friendly atmosphere, reasonable prices and do not need the snob appeal or glitter of many center city restaurants then this one is for you. I visit Yokohama in Exton, PA at least once a month. They have a wide selection of sushi and it has always been fresh. The owners are extremely friendly and make each visit enjoyable. So do yourself a favor and try this place. After three years, I still look forward to going back.