“Not what it used to be”

Ron's Original Bar & Grille
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Exton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: All of our delicious dinners are made from scratch. We serve hormone and antibiotic free chicken, roast beef, filet mignon and NY Strip steaks. Our turkey, pork and roast beef is seasoned and baked on premises. All of our vegetables are hand cut and received 6 days a week, fresh not frozen. All of our fish is fresh also, never frozen. I read all of our labels and can insure you that there is not MSG, nitrates, preservatives, high fructose corn syrup or other artificial additives or colorings in 95% of our menu items. Ron's is the go to place for a great selection of gluten free items. Our pizza and strombolies are made from imported Italian flour which has been proven to be healthier for you. Our breads are delivered fresh every morning from our local vendors. All of our salads are made with fresh cut lettuce (not the bagged, gas-preserved version). Even our mixed greens are hand washed, dried, cut and mixed by our kitchen staff. Only top quality at reasonable prices.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been going to Ron's for years and lately every time I go it seems to get worse. The food used to be very good even if it was a bit expensive. However, I went with my family tonight for bogo ovals and was told you have to be a member of their club to get the deal but you couldn't sign up immediately and get the deal. Luckily one of the members of my party was a member so we got the deal anyway. (The deal used to be available for all patrons.).

We had the mozzarella moons and they were awful. Small, greasy and not very tasty, most certainly not worth the $6 plus. The ovals were decent, but not as good as years past. When we asked for a box for leftovers, the waitress took our food to wrap it and it came back all stacked on top of itself in a bag. When I asked about the box I was told they were "going green" so you don't get a box unless you have a whole oval. (An oval is like a pizza with no sauce.). We had more than 3/4 of ours left over so I made her bring me a box anyway and repacked my own food. This isn't "green" it is cheap!

I keep trying to go back hoping it will get better, but it never does. I think this could be my last trip.

1  Thank HippoOTG
There are newer reviews for Ron's Original Bar & Grille

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Our family goes here every month. We love Rons! Something for everyone. Best selection in the area. The muscles are a favorite appetizer. Entree favs are salmon,lasagna and any pizza!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went to Ron's and had a rather enjoyable evening. The staff at the bar were friendly and attentive. If you can not find something on the menu that you like you hve other issues that you need to deal with. Meatloaf was amazing. But they have many pasta dishes, steaks, bergers, fish...they have it all and it all sounded great. These days when many places have rather limited menus this place has pages of items to chose from. The place is family friendly or grerat for a group of friends out for the night as well. I will be going back time and time again...

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great menu variety. Love many of the pasta dishes, the flatbread "ovals" and the bread pudding. Never worried about bringing guests here for a meal. Nice size entrees. Good value for the money.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ron's is a long-time neighborhood standout, busy at least 6 days a week. What I like best is the take-out menu and it's convenience. They have the very best Chicken Cheese Steak around, and I've have tried enough other locations to make this claim. If you want someothing more than a sandwich they offer dozen of other complete dinners, most are available in small or full size portions. I wouldn't call their take-out "inexpensive" since it's the same prices as "eat-in" yet they aren't paying for servers, etc.

Been to Ron's Original Bar & Grille? Share your experiences!