“Lovely restaurant, friendly service, delicious ”

Duling-Kurtz House & Country
Reserve with OpenTable
Duling-Kurtz House & Country is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 128 Restaurants in Exton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Commerce Drive & South Whitford Road
Description: The Duling Kurtz House is an elegant bed and breakfast with a fine dining restaurant that is available for intimate gatherings, festive parties and successful corporate events.
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went to Duling-Kurtz for lunch. We were promtly greeted and seated on the porch which had a lovely view of fall foliage and a small stream. Our server was very pleasant and made good recommendations. We settled on the onion soup which was very good, and the pork tenderloin with peppercorns. We both found it to be very peppery, but quite delicious with the red cabbage and spaetzle. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will return,

2  Thank Jeanbedf

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Perhaps I'm out-of-date, but for entrees over $30 I would like to have a salad included, and (if appropriate for the entree) a starch and vegetable. A plate with just the meat or fish and a vegetable seems puny, no matter how well-prepared.
The onion soup we had as starters was quite excellent, I add. If we had only ordered the entree we would have gone away hungry. This area has many other great restaurant choices, so I doubt that we'll return.
It is a small point, but I'll add that a server with only 2 tables should have been able to keep water glasses filled unasked, and should have been able to bring the bill promptly when requested.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I can't give this a score lower than a four because the food is very good. I can't give it a score of five because it is very very expensive. Is it worth it? Probably not, but it's a good place to go for a very special occasion. There is not a lot of fine dining in this area, so for an anniversary or really special birthday, I'd consider it. Just be ready to open your wallet wide...very wide.

1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed October 4, 2013

1st time eating there, went on a Monday night, they weren't busy. Service and food were both
excellent. Surf and turf was delicious. Will go back again

1  Thank tom w
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enjoyed D-K for a family gathering recently. First of all, the setting is delightful: don't forget to have a look at the colonial bee-hive oven. Staff were attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. Country inn fare can sometimes be highly priced for ordinary-tasting food, but not in this case: while the entrees themselves are fairly standard, preparations were uniformly excellent and well-conceived for flavor. My striped bass with swiss chard wasn't a large piece, but very good. Others enjoyed pheasant, and crab cakes. In the latter case, the eater asked for an appetizer-sized portion as her main course, and this request was graciously accommodated. Crab was delicious. All the entrees were accompanied with the standard vegetable medley, but again, in this case instead of just steamed carrot, brussel sprouts, and asparagus, all were roasted, which made for great tastes with the various entrees. Desserts were rich without being cloying, a good finish for the meal. My only criticism would be that the wine list is 90% New World, fruit-forward /oaked grapes, so those of us who prefer a drier style with rich food didn't have good choices.

1  Thank Mainemal