“Great Country Setting”

Duling-Kurtz House & Country
Reserve with OpenTable
Duling-Kurtz House & Country is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 124 Restaurants in Exton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Commerce Drive & South Whitford Road
Description: The Duling Kurtz House is an elegant bed and breakfast with a fine dining restaurant that is available for intimate gatherings, festive parties and successful corporate events.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great Country Setting”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The setting of this restaurant is fabulous, doesn't have all the bells and whistles, just a great environment. Many fireplaces within several rooms, makes for comfort, not to mention the great service and absolutely supurb food. Two foods worth mentioning are the Escargot & Pop- over Lemon Curd. The entree's are all fantastic, we've had most on the menu.

We had the pleasure of meeting the Matre'd, the owners son. Very cordial, pleasant young man with great knowledge of the business. He'll do well when it's time to take over.

We purchased a gift certificate for friends of ours to have the same experience, we liked it, that much.

H.W.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Harold W

Siesta Key, Florida
“Special Occassions AND a monthly TREAT for my husband and I”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Duling-Kurtz is a very very special place indeed. Not only do you have a B&B that is historic and cute as a button, but the dining rooms are cozy and neat...walk in fireplace!...and the FOOD is to die for...they always have specials which are fun...the pop-overs and lemon curd are baked to order,,,and the chocolate moose is to die for...we go for most special occassions, but also go at least once a month (just my husband and I) because they staff is so friendly, the food is always the best and the entire experience is perfect.

Visited April 2013
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“My Favorite Lunch”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in Downingtown yesterday, so we had my favorite lunch, Wiener Schnitzel (pan fried breaded veal) at the Duling Kurtz House. It was a sunny day, and seated at the window of an enclosed porch we could see the first buds of spring. I never stayed at the Inn, but I enjoy very much the Restaurant. Service is friendly and professional. Yesterday, the veal was cooked perfectly and fork tender. We also shared an excellent salad of smoked trout and bib lettuce which was recommended by our server. The restaurant is not inexpensive, and it took a while for the kitchen to cook the meal. However, on balance the meal was worth the time and money. (3/13/13)

• Visited March 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Nice Country Inn Experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Four of us dined on a recent Sat night, first won't be last. Seated immediately on time. Two of our party hadn't arrived but know issue seating us. Taken thru couple small rooms then upstairs ( may want to advise when making reservation if steps are tough) thru one more room and seated at four top in front of fireplace, gas but realistic....comfortable but not unbearably hot. All rooms looked very nice, colonial look but not faux. White tablecloths, Queen Ann chairs. Our room, while smallish had plenty of room between the other three tables in room so others conversation not an issue. There was a table of six seated shortly after us, who luckily were not loud or obnoxious. I can see with the small rooms if had a loud table in your room could be issue.

The menu is conservative, a bit old school but knew that going in. We had snails, salad, onion soup and a beef stew, which was soup of the day. The beef stew was incredible, the depth of flavor in the broth showed had been prepared with care. The onion soup was in the classic manor and was cited as being excellent. My daughter enjoyed her salad, but I don't recall particulars. I had the snails. Excellent, prepared in traditional manner in a ceramic dish with deep inserts that assured the snails and garlic broth stayed hot. Each was topped with small circle of puff pastry, nice touch.

Entrees were the Lobster Crab Crepe, Corvina & Coulis, Herb Crusted Scallop and Shrimp and Roasted Half Duck. My daughter was very happy with her Corvina dish, her husband had the shrimp & scallop he was also very happy. One very large nicely seared scallop and two U 12 shrimp. Dish looked excellent. My wife tried the crepes. She is not normally a lobster fan but loved them. Yes the sauce was rich but not overwhelming, crepes well prepared and stuffed with seafood. I had the duck, have not a duck like this in 25-30 years. They do a sweet sauce over it so I asked to have on the side and was accommodated with no issue. It was actually an excellent full berry sauce. The duck was succulent with crispy skin, into fatty at all. Wonderful trow back.

For PA nice wine list, depth ..pricey but always the case in PA for decent wines. Had a bottle of Moreau Chablis, not premier or gran crus and still $ 68....was very good.

Nice professional service. Not overdone but attentive.

Very nice dining experience on a snowy night in beautiful inn. $ 378 including tip.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank M C
Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“We had our Wedding here,and it was perfect!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a wedding of 36 people and the Duling Kurtz was the perfect place for it.They catered to our every need and all our request.The owner and staff are so nice and very concerned that everything runs perfect.The House and the property is very whimsical and takes you back to the elegant past.We stayed in the charming inn where I checked in early to get dressed and was able to walk right over to our suite right after our reception,it was lovely!The food is the best around.All our guest went on about how great each dish was.I had Lobster crepes which were unbelievably good.I honestly have not had such good food at a restaurant before.We had a cocktail hour out on the lawn just over the bridge before heading up to the beautiful private room upstairs for dinner.I highly suggest looking into the Duling Kurtz for your next event,or just for a night out.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Duling-Kurtz House & Country? Share your experiences!