“Residence Inn does not disappoint”

Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were attending a party in nearby Downingtown and didn't want to drive all the way back to NJ the same night. We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Exton PA and were glad we chose this place. Located right off the PA Turnpike and easy to find. The rooms were spacious and clean. A complet suite including a full kitchen with utensils. The king sized bed was incredibly comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was complete with scrambled eggs, muffins, danish, coffee, juice, and waffles. Can't beat the deal, service, or location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThePiper08046
ri_phlrx_gm, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

ThePiper-

We are so pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us! Thank you so much for your kind words.
With each and every stay we strive to ensure that those staying with us are comfortable with our rooms and happy with everything we have to offer; from the clean room they stay in to the hot breakfast they eat in the morning.

We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Exton/Downingtown area!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was only here for one night during a business trip. I checked in around 6:00pm and dropped my things and went across the parking lot to Uno's restaurant for dinner. The young girl that checked me in was so nice and courteous and a great assett to Marriott.
The room was very spacious and clean. It had a large kitchen, small sitting area and then the bed. Although I wasn't in the room very long I was happy to stay at a place where I could walk and feel safe to catch some dinner. Normally I only stay in hotels where there is a restaurant but it seemed there were not many in that area, and a colleague of mine suggested the Residence Inn as across the parking lot was Uno's. I felt safe walking to the restaurant and walking back alone.
All in all I wasn't in the room very long but it was comfortable and well appointed for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank angiepgh
ri_phlrx_gm, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Angiepgh -

Thank you so much for not only staying with our property but then taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We often get guests travelling with business and it is our goal at the Residence Inn to make each and every guest feel like they are at home.

We hope to see you next time you travel to the Exton area, for business or pleasure!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is, overall, a nice place to stay-nothing exceptionally great or horrible about it! The room was fine, with a separate bedroom and sitting room. Full kitchen. The bathroom also separates the toilet and shower from the sink area, which is nice when you have more than one person getting ready. They offer a small workout room, a decent breakfast and 2 TVs in each suite. One service I didn't take advantage of but thought was handy was the grocery shopping service for those who are staying for an extended period of time.

Small complaints are that the mattress on the sofa bed is slightly thicker than a checkbook. I could feel every spring and bar. Our refrigerator also made a very loud humming and chugging sound all night long but I think (and hope) that was just specific to one room.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. I used reward points for the room, so I don't know an average price. Hard to tell if it was a good deal or not!

Room Tip: I was in room 305-it has a loud refrigerator, look out!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katie126
Kyle P, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Katie 126,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor!! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our suites and the amenities our hotel has to offer!

I am sorry to hear that you did not get a quality night's sleep while you were with us. I have passed on your comments to our maintenance department and will be making sure they inspect both the sofa mattress and the refrigerator.

I hope that you will give us another chance if evey back in the Exton area. Thank you once again, and have a great day!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This property is conveniently located near the PA turnpike and Pottstown Pike. We stayed here overnight while visiting several local attractions. Valley Forge is just 10 minutes away.

This is an older property but the rooms are very nicely maintained and were spacious. Our room featured a full sized fridge and microwave but only a two burner stove top, no oven as I have seen in similar properties. The staff here were friendly and cordial. The complimentary internet connected easily and had very good bandwidth. I did notice that the outside areas could stand a little more attention. The hanging plants were all wilted, there were weeds in the rock areas and rust stains in several areas on the outside of the buildings. These are all cosmetic issues and did not interfere with our stay.

There is also a very nice outdoor sitting area that offers a Weber grill for guest usage. There is a Pizzeria Uno literally outside the front door and a wide selection of restaurants and grocery stores within a 0.5 mile radius. The breakfast buffet offered a nice selection of pastries, cereals, and hot offerings. They also had two Belgian waffle machines. There is a comfortable sitting area both indoors and outdoors with ample space. This properties breakfast offering is better than average.

The Manager's reception did not measure up however. I often count on these great events at other Residence Inn properties for my dinner. This event was simply tortilla chips, jar sauce and some sour cream and shredded cheese. No complimentary beer or wine or any other hearty offerings. We ended up going to a local Subway and picking up sandwiches and simply used the chips as a side.

I would definitely recommend this location if you are looking for a comfortable overnight stop or if you are visiting the local attractions. If you are coming from so other location and are not familiar with the ridiculously parentry liquor laws in Pennsylvania, you might want to pick up your spirits, including beer and wine, in some other state.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Kyle P, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

TSchenk,

Thank for taking the time to review our property on tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. I apologize for the sub-par outisde appareance. We have been in contact with our landscaping company to look at the flowers and weeds; and our maintenence department is currently investigating the rust spots. I appreciate you bringing these issues to our concern and they should both be resolved immediately.

I am also sorry to hear that the evening social did not live up to your expectations. The managers reception is meant to be more of a light snack/appetizer than a full meal. However I do understand your dissapointment and we are currently looking into more hearty and fulfilling items to serve in the evening. Unfortunately we are unable to serve beer or wine as we are unable to hold a liquor license;since we share a parking lot with Uno's and they have a liquor license.

We truly appreciate your feedback and and look to improve on your suggestions. If you are ever back in the Exton area, we look forward to hosting you and your family again!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My stay was totally a pleasure able experience. Made reservations on site after checking on line to assure availability. Check in was a little long but that was fine in that it was late; we were acknowledged; and only one person was on duty. Not sure of the night clerk's name - Tericia? She was a ray of sunshine. Very capable, patient, resourceful, eager to please. Represented the brand beautifully. We got a one bedroom suite. It was set up for convenience and comfort. Free carry in for next door. Free grocery pick up. Fully equipped kitchen, comfortable sofa bed, private bedroom. Loved the fact that windows could raise to a point and I enjoyed the fresh Ir and restful pastoral like view rom the 4 th floor. Convenient business center. As as nindication of how alert this property is, when I went to print my boarding pass for the next morning, the home page for Internet Explorer was set to a page to print boarding passes from seemingly any airline..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthFloridian2
Kyle P, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

NorthFlordian2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am pleased to hear how wondeful your stay with us was! Your kind words will be shared with the rest of the staff-including Theresa (the night clerk who checked you in) who loves getting feedback from the guests.

I hope your trip back home was a pleasant one! We look forward to hosting you again if your ever back in the area!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The exton/chester county residence inn is located on rt 100 and 113. Heart of chester county close to all restaurants, shops and penn turnpike. Next door is a great pizza uno. friendly staff, very clean and updated. Quiet and well run. We had a two bedroom for an extended stay for the family and with the full kitchen and fireplace, seemed like the ideal home away from home. Marriott gold member giving top marks to an other well run residence inn. No negatives here.

• Stayed: April 2012
Kyle P, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

mattrem,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our two bedroom suite met your needs. Your kind words will be passed along to the entire staff. We certainly appreciate your business and loyalty as a Marriott Gold Elite Rewards Member!

Please come visit us again if your ever back in the area!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We had enjoyed a few weekend getaways at the hotel. It was very friendly, clean and quiet. However on our last visit in March 2012, we accidently left three items behind. They were all in one drawer. I realized we forgot them about an hour after check out. I called the hotel and the person who answered the phone went to the room and said he could not locate the items. He said he would have the head of housekeeping call me the next day. That never happened. I called again a few days later, and spoke with someone who said they located two of the three items. They had them in a bag for me and I could pick them up. I questioned why the third item was not there since they had all been in the same drawer. No response. I emailed the corporate office, and got a response that they fwd my concern to the local hotel. I then received a reply that state they cannot be responsible for items left behind, but they were glad they found 2 of the 3 items. That was not a satisfactory answer to me. It seems obvious whoever found the two items, also knows about the third item. We will not be staying here again, as I do not feel the housekeeping staff is trustworthy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kyle P, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Debbie W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I can certainly understand your frustration for not receiving a phone call from us as promised, and I apologize for making you have to call us back.

While it is true that we are not responsible for belongings left behind, we do our best to return all recovered items to their owners. Over the years, each member of our housekeeping staff has proven to be trustworthy with items recovered in rooms-including cell phones, watches, wallets and other items of significant value. While all the items believed to be left in the room may not have been recovered, we were happy to return the two items found.

We do appreciate your business as a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Exton Route 30
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 9 in Exton
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton? Share your experiences!