All reviews sleep shower beds desk lobby
Reviewed June 12, 2018

This is a unique location in that the hotel has two "wings" - one designated Quality Inn, and the other designated Clarion Inn. The staff and the venue were great!

We've always been generally pleased with Quality or Clarion hotels. I understand this used to be a Wyndham Garden hotel. There is a full bar & restaurant on the location - so this is really an "upgrade" from your typical Quality/Clarion Inn. The rooms and hallways are a bit "dated", but apparently the new management is working hard to upgrade and "modernize" some. Our room, with a king bed, was clean and very roomy.

All in all this was a very nice location, and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lance F
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Last minute trip. Quality chain I typically don't use them because it's usually the quality that is issue but I had read some good reviews that mentioned it was new ownership so I figured I give it a try.
They are obviously going thru a transition and in need of updating See photos - torn wallpaper in bathroom, spots on bedding and marks on wall and ceiling. I ask for a different room. The front desk was very nice and the new room was better and smelled like it had recently been cleaned. Although they had forgotten wash cloths.
Beds were fine, comfortable.
Second night they had a prom or some dance event in the large area adjacent to the lobby. But you could hear and feel the music bass from 8 to 11 pm. We were on the 3rd floor. I understand the event was probably a decent money maker for them but if you are planning something like that then have the rest of the hotel guests farther away on the other side of the building were they would not be disturbed.
Also when I booked the room I thought it included breakfast but when I got there was told it did not.
I can understand and deal with the updating from old to new but what I am more concerned with is the quality, not washing, changing bedding and the lack of consideration for other hotel guests that were not part of the event. Something for future guests to consider before booking.
I don't usually give critical reviews but I book my room based on positive reviews. I hope this will give others a better idea of what to expect.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank DCfromCT
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel for one night and let me just say one of the first things that are important in the hotel business is first impressions and the front desk agent was very friendly and very welcoming and made us feel welcome and check-in was a breeze. The room what's clean the beds were clean and I go through the beds with a black light to check for stains and for bed bugs and both of our beds were a hundred percent clean and they were comfortable. The shower had a nice hot water and the shower pressure was awesome one of the best hotels I stayed in that has good shower pressure or water pressure is that all being said there are some things that they could approve the sink could be cleaned a little better in the bathroom I saw some stuff with the backlight on the sink and the windows could in the room could use some cleaning other than that those are the small issues I found other than that the room was nice and clean and the beds were comfortable and I did get a good night sleep there and they do have a restaurant and they do have they all you can eat buffet for $6.95 which is a good deal. So with all that being said if you are in Exton Pennsylvania I want a nice clean comfortable room with amazing staff the Quality Hotel is your place to stay and I would stay here again the next time I am in this area and to all the staff of the Quality Hotel keep up the good work and I can't wait to visit you guys again soon!

Sincerely Kent Walker

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kent W
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Starting with the mostly good:

So this hotel used to be a Wyndham Garden and now a part of it is a Quality while the other part is a Clarion. The interior is a little dated and could use a refresh, but I imagine that will come along in the near future. The lobby is nice - even upscale - for both a Quality and Clarion. The desk clerk who checked me in was cordial and professional.

I got a king room and it was plenty roomy. The bed was extremely comfortable and made for a great night's sleep. Either the walls are a little thin or the neighbors were loud - or a combination of both - because I could hear when they were somewhat loud, but thankfully I fall asleep quickly and sleep soundly. The room had a mini fridge and a microwave. The nightstand lights had outlets in them - very nice. The light on the desk had a USB port in it which was also great. TV was a 32 inch flat screen and had a decent selection of channels.

Hot water was somewhat inconsistent. Some days it got very hot quickly and other days it was just a bit warmer than tepid and took quite awhile to get to that point, even.
Water pressure was decent.

Housekeepers were absolute gems and very sweet! Not only did they do a fantastic job on my room they also wrote nice notes. It was very unexpected and but very much appreciated!

On to the glaring exception:

On a day when I had my Do not Disturb sign on my door I found my room had been entered and cleaned, with a note from the housekeeping stating that, and I'm paraphrasing here, they were told to do rooms regardless of whether it was DND or not. I find this both upsetting and troubling on a few levels.

First and foremost, I feel this was a violation of my privacy. For someone to instruct housekeeping to disregard a DND room bothers me greatly. While DND does not give me the right to do what I please in a room, it should afford me a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Second, I do not require my room to be cleaned every day which is why it had a DND sign on it (in fact it was done the day prior). This helps the hotel in a couple of ways in that housekeepers are free to clean other rooms and reduces cleaning of linens.

Third, when my room is not DND that is to indicate that I want my room serviced and I leave a tip for housekeeping for doing my room. On that day the housekeeper did not get a tip which bothered me because she did a fantastic job the few times she did my room.

In all my years of traveling I have never had something of this nature happen to me and I'm still upset about it. I'm not sure if this is standard practice for this property, but this ran me off and will make me think very long and hard about coming back to this hotel. Before the question is asked, no I did not confront anyone about this. Perhaps I should have but I was far too angry to even want to discuss this matter with anyone, and by the time I was level-headed enough to say anything, it was too late and I decided to switch hotels.

So other than this glaring exception the hotel is a good value in a decent location. You decide if the prospect of someone blowing through your DND sign is worth your money.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the roadway
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business