“Not as good as it looks”

Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Springboro, Ohio
“Not as good as it looks”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

After reading all the great reviews, I feel like I was sold ocean front property in Arizona! I booked a room on choicehotels website for a 1 bedroom suite. It was depicted as a true one bedroom with a separate living area. Upon check in I was told that they didn't have any room like that in the hotel and they were working with choice to correct the web. To their benefit, they did offer me 10% off my stay for the inconvenience. The tv in the room never worked properly. You had to hit a combination of buttons to make it work that the front desk couldn't really help with. At one point someone came up and fiddled with it to make it work. There was mold in the bathroom shower and the tub wouldn't drain while taking a shower. I never complained about the drainage as we were only there 2 days but had we stayed longer I would have. We peaked at the pool and there was some weird looking film on the top of the water so we did not let my daughter swim in it. On the plus side, breakfast was good. Also the location wasn't a bad drive to downtown. We also found a great ice cream place in a neighboring town called Margos.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank srich1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2013

There were no hotels because the US Open was in Ardmore, PA. Flights were cancelled and I needed a room. Natashia took pity on me and found me a room. She also, at a late hour, got me lined up with car service for a 4am pick up to head back to PHL. When you have been at the airport for hours, battling getting home and dead tired, it is huge to have someone like Natashia helping you get things done. She isn't paid enough.

My room was very comfortable and in great shape. The bathroom was up-to-date and nice to use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Clean, comfortable room. Breakfast was pretty standard for the genre, but perfectly fine. The fitness room was nice. We were unfortunate in having the room closest to the lobby on a night when there was a large, noisy crowd watching the NHL playoffs on the lobby TV, and when there was a sizeable group of early adolescent hockey players who were staying at the hotel, and kept thundering up and down the hall outside our room; it would have been nice if the desk staff had mentioned this when they rented us that room! But it all quieted down by 11:00, and everything else about the stay was great.

Room Tip: It can be noisy in rooms immediately adjacent to the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Montoursville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Everything was very good, from check-in to check-out. Natashia, the desk clerk was very helpful on everything I ask. I plan on staying there again in July. The breakfast in the morning was good, everything was hot and fresh. Parking was excellent and everything was super clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed for two weeks and was very pleased with the customer service I received from several of the staff. Natasha, Shanice and Lauren did a great job at the front desk as did Megan. Nancy kept the breakfast area very clean every day and managed a full house over the Memorial Day weekend. All these ladies were very friendly, polite and helpful. I would also like to mention what a great job housekeeping did. Marisol & Catalina looked after my room and were very hard working young women. Jeannie took the time to introduce herself and make me feel welcome and I wanted to let her know what a great staff she has put together. Thanks so much to all of you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am almost 65 years old and in all my years I have never recieved the customer service that I recieved From Natasha. She was genuine a real keeper. She helped me with directions, food suggestions, things to do and was just overall outstanding. Thank you to management for the great ameneties and keeping Natasha at the desk when my wife and I checked in. I also wanted to mention that housekeeping must really care about their work because, our room was spotless. Thank you so much we will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were out of town for a soccer tournament - and needed a place for the whole team to stay on the fly for an extra night. Hotel was able to accomodate the entire team. The lobby was full when we arrived due to everyone checking in at once. The front desk ladies were fantastic- they suggested places for us to eat. They offered the breakfast room if we wanted to all gather and order in. They were great. Thank you Natasha and Victoria for all your patience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Exton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern

Been to Comfort Suites West Chester Exton? Share your experiences!