“Cleanliness Not Up To Hampton Inn Standards”
Review of Hampton Inn Exton

Hampton Inn Exton
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Exton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Adequate and comfortable but dirty worn rugs need replacing in lobby. Lots of loud slamming doors woke us up in the late evening.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RobtNorthCaroli... A
jhetzel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Exton, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Bill,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Exton. Our hotel is a favorite for corporate, family and team guests especially on summer weekends. Due to the busyness of the weekends in the breakfast and lobby, the carpets are steam extracted on Sundays . We also have just recently renovated most of our guestrooms, with the balance planned for the end of the year along with new corridor carpet. I trust that during your stay at the Hampton Inn Exton you and your family were cared for by our Hampton Spirit Service Award recognized staff. We hope to have you visit again soon.
Regards,
Julie Hetzel

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The facility was clean, the service was the absolute best! Carmen and Carol - you are the greatest!!! If I had to pick a negative, the A/C fan was a little on the loud side. But I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

As a diamond was upgraded to a newer room, very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I travel to the Exton area every few months and I usually stay at the Residence Inn, which is in the same parking lot as the Hampton Inn. However, the Residence Inn was booked up, so I decided to try the Hampton Inn. I had a good experience there, and can recommend it as a quality hotel. The room was quite nice, and they provide morning breakfast in the lobby. I had no issues, and will stay there again if the occasion arises.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel itself is fine. Some rooms are newer and nicer than others. It's an older hotel, so the soundproofing isn't the best, but not the worst.

It's typical Hampton Inn as far as the breakfast area and whatnot are concerned.

The real problem is in the hotel's operations - they can't seem to do things right. They missed my wake-up call, they lost my reservation and tried to make me and my college go elsewhere, then they billed me for being a no-show on a night when I was staying in the hotel, then charged my college at checkout the wrong rate despite us correcting it at check-in time..

The eventually fixed it all for me, but made it seem pretty clear if I wasn't staying on behalf of one of their larger corporate clients, they would have left me out to dry (and I would have had to battle them through my credit-card company).

I gave them a 2 for service instead of a 1 because of the breakfast room staff - they were nice, friendly, and really liked helping the guests.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TorontoCanadaGuy
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stayed for one night Saturday June 25. We had 7 rooms total while in the area for a family function. Some early arrivals were able to check in as early as 1:30. Lobby area spotless and had a brand new feel to it. Rooms were very comfortable. Nice size. With 2 queen beds still room to move around. Bathroom spotless. Beds extremely comfortable. Loved the fact that they use duvet covers and have a note there saying they are also changed each day. So much nicer than the usual creepy bedspread. Air conditioners a little noisy. Pool very very tiny but there were a bunch of people out there enjoying themselves. Complimentary breakfast was delicious. Eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. Coffee bar set up 24 hours a day which was also a nice touch. Would definitely stay at a Hampton Inn anywhere if this is what they are all like!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Rooms are clean, but could use a little sprucing up. The bed was very comfortable and a big plus is that the linens are laundered for each guest. Wish the entire hotel would go smoke free. The room was a nice size, though the bathroom was a bit dated. The included breakfast is typical, but Carmen is a real jewel. She is friendly and cheerful and makes each guest feel very at home and special. She was such a pleasure to see each morning.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Philadelphia West Chester/exton
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Exton Route 30
Quality Hotel
Quality Hotel
#7 of 9 in Exton

Been to Hampton Inn Exton? Share your experiences!