The Union Hotel
Breezewood Motel(Breezewood)
Wiltshire Motel(Breezewood)
Econo Lodge(Breezewood)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Fantastic place! If you are in the area of Bedford Pa you must at least stop for B L or D. The place was remodeled at the cost in the area of several million. When you go inside you will see it is a first rate B&B. My wife & I stayed one night. I wish we did not have to return home we would have stayed at least one more. Make sure you check out the basement bar. You step back in time. In fact when you walk threw the front door you do the same. Built in early 1800's. We traveled 2hrs for a night get away & we will do it again. We travel all over North America & this place really impressed us! If you do hear a noise in the hall at night & no one is there don't worry they are guest to. No I am not crazy. Look the place up there are photos online.

Room Tip: Any. We even had the windows open and it was quiet. The town 'roles' up the streets by 10. I stood in the middle of the street for about 5 min talking photos and never had to move for a car.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duane H
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay in the King Suite that we purchased through Groupon. Our initial room the heat was not working and Robin the Manager who was super pleasant and accommodating moved us to the other King Suite and made sure the heat was working in there. Our room was spacious, clean and updated. It was very comfortable. We enjoyed our dinner in the Bullshead Tavern and the wait staff was very friendly. The homemade Italian ranch dressing was delicious. We had a few drinks relaxed and then went back to our room. My only complaint is that my husband fell asleep too early for us to go back down for a few more drinks and to listen to the DJ. I guess we will have to definitely go back to do that. My only suggestion would be to maybe add a small college size refrigerator in the rooms so that we could have taken home our leftovers. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TraSei
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Positive- beer was cold
As for the rest.
Food is advertised as fresh and from scratch.
I ordered a burger was never asked for a temperature of how i wanted it cooked. It arrived cremated so over cooked I took two bites and that was enough even if it would of been cooked to my preference seasoning was non existent. Fries were ok fresh cut fries should be pre blanched to achieve a crispy frie. Burger also appeared to be a frozen pre made patty.
My girlfriend ordered all you care to eat fish and chips. Mine was almost edible hers not so much. It arrived soggy , looked dry and grayish in color had the texture of jello . Which is sign of old frozen fish which is time and temperature abused. For a restaurant billed as housemade and from scratch it did not deliver the quality of food.Our bill came out to be close to fifty dollars with tax and tip. Shelling out fifty bucks for poor quality bar food made for a terrible night out. I will never go back to try any food ever.

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank Cheezburgerguy77
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have eaten their fried shrimp 3 times and find it tied w/ best I have ever had. The endless salad is quite good w/ a splendid assortment; house dressing is tasty. Wife thought ribs were too dry. She also tried on 1st time the Italian assortment. I loathe chicken but loved the exotic taste of parmagia [spelling?]. Waitress was very friendly -- she served us all 3 times-- and efficient, often anticipating our needs. One evening the owner [?] came in and seemed interested in our comments. The soups tend toward Italian [wedding, etc] but are clearly home made and freshly prepared. I have been too full to try desserts. Unlike 1009 in Bedford you get very nice full portions. All in all it is very nice to have a splendid restaurant so close. Large portions, very fair prices. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scooterpup
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I took a group of four last Saturday for the endless pasta. We entered the front door and as previously experienced we were not greeted for about two minutes! There were three wait staff huddled in the bar and four wait staff huddled at the cashier station. A group was leaving without a thank you as we stood there waiting for an acknowledgement! Hard to believe that nobody thought to say welcome or thank you! I wonder what type of service was being offered to the guests already dining when seven waitresses were busy gathering? Once seated and serviced with drinks our entire group ordered the endless pasta. The salad was described as an Olive Garden style salad with a house dressing. The dressing itself was outstanding but the salad lacked in garnishments! There were four small chunks of tomatoes, enough for one per person, one peppercine, three slices of black olives and a single slither of red onion accompanied with several croutons. The outstanding dressing was overshadowed by the lackluster salad! I ordered the "homemade" fettucine with meat sauce and meatballs. It arrived lukewarm at best! The sauce was great but I hate eating cold food! I made a comment loud enough for the waitress to hear which was never responded to! Two people in our group ordered the alfredo sauce. One came out very creamy and the other like a lump of plaster! Very poor to say the least! This is their house specialty and it just wasn't right! The check arrived on a hand written bill and the $3.00 charge for the meatballs was not included! A computerized check would have not made that mistake! I wonder how much revenue the owners will be missing out on over the period of a year? We left in the same manner as we arrived without as much as a thank you! How long will the Union Hotel last this time around?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family