“Small Family Restaurant”

Cliffords Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Evans City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Small Family Restaurant”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

There is nothing like Cliffords anywhere around Butler. It is a small family owned and operated restaurant and that really shows. There are always new interesting menu items, the food is consistently good and my wife and I have never been disappointed by a dinner there.

Visited June 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Restaurant in the Pittsburgh Area”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

So worth the trip. We have been going to Cliffords for years and always have wonderful service and food. Just love it. We have brought tons of friends. Enjoy the BYOB as well. It is definitely in the middle of no where but that is part of the charm and beauty of it. Really worth the drive if you want home cooking and fresh food from a lovely family. Must plan ahead and get a reservation. I just love the beef tips, crabcakes and homemade salad dressing. I think I gain a couple of pounds after each trip by eating so much of the delicious pretzel bread.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank KimCarlKids
Butler, Pennsylvania
“WOW”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

All around YUMMY!! The service, the food and the experience was WOW!
I would go there everyday if I could.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sas16001
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place is in the middle of nowhere, 5 to 10 miles of twisting winding roads and a gravel driveway. It's a converted house that looks quaint. We've been there twice and it has been freezing both times. Why wouldn't you light the fireplace on a cold December night in Pennsyslvania. The prices are very high, particularly on the specials. $45 dollars for rack of lamb! I had the same dish at the Hickory Grill a week ago with much more flavor at 1/2 the price. My daughter had Gnocci which se said was very bland. The place has an unpleasant odor of guyer or limberger cheese. Service is very deliberate (slow). I tried to move things along by saying we were ready to order and I was told she would take our order when our appetizer came out. This is a place to go if you have 2 hours you don't mind wasting. We won't be going back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Spencer D
PA
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is wonderful. The service very personal! Love this place!

Costs a bit high and you bring your own wine--However they open it and put it in an ice bucket, if you want it chilled! at no additional cost and they also provide nice wine glasses.

Reservations are a must and they close in the Winter.

• Visited November 2012