“Ok bar food, but lousy service”
Review of Field House

Field House
Ranked #17 of 25 Restaurants in Etters
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Food is pedestrian here as this is primarily a bar. Wings are decent. Have stopped here a few times and experienced lousy service. The dining room can be full of people and there's no server in sight. Would recommend for gathering with friends for a few beers but not for a nice meal.

2  Thank 40Steakman
There are newer reviews for Field House

Reviewed June 17, 2012

How do they run a business like this? Attempted to eat lunch there on Father's Day and we were scolded for bringing in a "large party". 7 of us in an empty (and nasty) restaurant? Ok. Waited one hour for burgers & salads. Then they AUTOMATICALLY ADD 20% TIP!! No tip for you cranky waitstaff! This place is EMBARRASSING.

3  Thank MeanJoeGreen
Reviewed April 15, 2012

A great place for a the beer and wing lover in all of us. There is a large wing and beer selection.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

My wife and I ate at the Fieldhouse Restaurant in Etters yesterday afternoon (12/20/2011), what a lousy experience; in general lousy food and dirty silverware to boot.

First impression when entering the establishment said it all. When walking up to the front door the cement sidewalk and porch area were very filthy, dirty and the windows look like they have never been cleaned or washed. There was a 4-seat wooden stadium bench with one seat broken in half and all seats so filthy dirty and stained I doubt anybody would sit on them; almost forgot about the old dirty soda can under the bench... Normally I would just have left but I purchased a coupon ($10.00 for $20 Worth of Casual Dining) from DoubleTakeDeals.com so I decided to give the place a try.

Upon entering the place it was not as dirty as the outside but the floors looked dirty and needed a first-class moping to spruce them up. The female bartender said to sit anywhere which was not a problem seeing no one else was in the restaurant or bar area. A short time after we sat down she came over to the table with menus and asked for our drink order and provided us with silverware wrapped in a paper napkin. My wife ordered a soda @ $2.39; I ordered water with lemon and a draft Winter Blue Moon beer @ $3.50. Again, first impressions do say a lot about the establishment and the menu said it all. Both menus were encased in plastic, they were dirty with grease stains and food crumbs inside the menus; I guess like the windows they never wipe down the menus either.

After returning with our drinks we ordered the following: Tiger Sauced Wing Bowl @ $14.99 (24 wings) as a appetizer with an additional $.50 to have them double baked and a additional $.99 for ranch dressing which normally at most restaurants always comes with a wing order; celery was an additional cost which we did not order. My wife ordered the Three Little Pigs sandwich with fries @ $8.49 and I ordered the Enchiladas @ $10.49 which we shared.

After ordering our food my wife unwrapped her silverware and noticed food was caked onto the rear of her fork and the knife was greasy and dirty too. She unwrapped my silverware and they were greasy and dirty also. When the bartender returned with our wings we gave her the dirty silverware; my wife told her this is not a good start to our meal and she returned with another set of rewrapped silverware. We checked these, again they were greasy and dirty also. The bartender never came back to check on us until the main course arrived at which time we returned the second set of dirty silverware to her at which point my wife complained again to her about the dirty, filthy silverware and we were told they do not have a dishwasher on duty during the day. My wife asked for a clean hot hand-washed set of silverware; the bartender said she would get us another set and hand-wash them herself. After about five-minutes and the food was getting cold she returned with a clean set of silverware at which point we were able to start eating our main meal; as we needed a knife to cut the sandwich so we could share it.

GOOD about the food: The Three Little Pigs sandwich with fries was real good. The sandwich was BBQ pulled pork, bacon and ham. The menu said it came with stoned-ground mustard on the side (they forgot the mustard so I have no idea how that might have tasted). The sandwich was very tasty and the best part of the meal experience. The fries came out hot and were good.

The Winter Blue Moon beer was non-wheat based, which was cold and very tasty.

BAD about the food: Now for a restaurant who says they are known for their wings and states “Their incredible wings have no competition” well they better rethink their slogan. The wings were very small with not much meat on them and the “tiger” sauce was sub-par at best leaving us with stomach indigestion for the rest of the afternoon into the evening hours.

The very small Enchiladas (qty. 3) were filled with pulled pork, had some cut up onions and tomatoes on the top, with barely any cheese on the top; they came with Spanish type rice. There was really no taste to the Enchiladas but the rice was good.

After one small sip of the water that was enough for me. The water had an odor to it and smelled like sewer water; I did not drink any more of it.

The soda was flat and had no taste to it.

THE RESTROOMS: Especially the ladies room was way too dark with only one tiny light-bulb for the entire restroom. My wife said you could barely see inside the stall with the door closed and the paper-towel machine was jammed with cheap paper. In the ladies handicapped stall the toilet paper was almost all with no spare roll. At least there was hot water in both restrooms.

In closing, do yourself a favor, save your money and do not eat there. I think the health department should do a food inspection as I am sure there are many food safety violations at the Fieldhouse in Etters… They need to also invest in a better dishwasher, one that works….

5  Thank Terry D
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I don't know much about the rest of their menu, but their wings are very good. Not the cheapest in the area, but good nonetheless.