“Great service, great rooms, good value for the money”

Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service, great rooms, good value for the money”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My family is from the Delaware Valley, and my partner and I have stayed at this hotel many times. We've had great experiences there for years, way before TripAdvisor. This Red Roof has been extensively renovated and the rooms are fantastic. We always get an "executive king" room, which includes a flat screen TV, great lighting, a large desk with a comfortable desk chair and a very comfortable king sized bed.

The service is great. Check-in was quick, and the front desk clerk was polite and friendly. Our room was spotlessly clean when we got there and it stayed that way. The maid (Zaimabu) was very responsive when we asked for extra towels, shampoo and soap. She even left a nice note for us on the back of my request note saying that she was happy to help us and if we needed anything else to let her know. The automated wake-up line didn't work, so I called the front desk daily for a wake-up call request and we always got our calls right on time.

This Red Roof is now a Red Roof Plus+. We haven't stayed in one of the Plus+ rooms yet, but we are going back there at the end of the month and I'll review that room after we get back from our trip.

All in all, this hotel stay was a great experience. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: The executive king rooms are very good and very comfortable. We've stayed in many of them there...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Debra C
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Ms. Debra C, thank you so much for your kind words and great review. We will continue our great service and hope to see you soon so you can experience our new Premium Rooms. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
New England
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have used this hotel a number of times for area business travel. Times past because I had the dogs with me, other times because of the schedule and support of local restaurants. When I arrived late in the evening, no reservation, was able to get a room and was told there was a problem with hot water in my building and that it was planned to be online in morning. When I started the day, no hot water, but made due with the cold. On check out I was asked if everything was OK, explained it was a bit of minor inconvenience with no hot water and without asking my room rate was adjusted. That was a very nice gesture that I appreciated. On the up side the rooms have been updated with new sinks, showers, floors, etc and look great. The internet was strong and well functioning on a far end room. Staff is as pleasant and accommodating as previous times. Highly recommend this Red Roof.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gryphonskymaster
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Our dear and loyal guest, thank you so much for your review. I am glad that my staff was accommodating and you enjoyed your stay. Our little hot water situation was fixed that afternoon ,so I assure you that your next stay will be "hot" and not "cold" Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were on a family vacation from NYC to Philly and stayed one night at the NEWLY renovated Red Roof Inn - it was great!

We were only 15mins from downtown and were able to get in and out of the city easily, the new rooms are so nice and updated and clean. The Manager Julia was a huge help getting us directions to everything we wanted to see and the front desk staff got us checked into our room fast! I will be back I love Philly and I love this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank travlfrmmidlboro
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest! thank you so much for your review and kind words. We are always here for our guests! Please stop and see us again in your future travels. And if you are back in town in May we have our grand reopening on May 20th, so come and celebrate this event with us :) !!!
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We often stay at RRI because we travel with our large dog. When we checked in to the RRI Philadelphia Airport, they had us all set. It took all of 3 minutes to check in, find out they had upgraded us, and get our keys. Wow. Fast, courteous, AND we were upgraded at no charge.

Rooms are fairly recently renovated- we've been in a couple of these already. Nice. But this time we got an extra treat- a "welcome" snack box in the fridge with water, orange juice, popcorn for the microwave, and some granola bars. Awesome.

Nice pillows, nice towels, clean room. My son spilled his drink on his bed, and when my husband went down to the front desk, they gave him a full set of sheets, and a blanket in minutes. We ended up checking out a day early- no problems. The maid, who we did not use at all because of the dog, asked us if we needed clean towels or wanted another welcome box.

I know, it seems like small things, but we've been to hotels (some RRIs) that make all of these things seem like they are a big hassle. It was nice to be treated like we were staying in an upscale hotel. :)

The one negative for me was the smell of smoke. I'm not sure if a guest smoked in the room before us, or if it's the remnants of the hotel once being a smoking hotel, but the room had a underlying odor of smoke.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to smoke, ask for a room that has always been smoke free.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cmdressel
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear guest, thank you so much for kind words and great review. I will make sure that my staff will get your comments as we continue to improve in our service and quality. Our goal is to "WOW" every guest and the fact that we did that for you makes me very proud of my team. We are trying to keep our property 100% smoke free but unfortunately some guests don't respect our rules and it takes a lot to get those rooms back without any sign of smoke. I am so sorry for that and I hope to see you again in your future travels so that we can WOW you again. Thank you!
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Pros
---
Clean Bed

Cons
----
Wireless internet does not work. See attached photo showing signal strength. Contacted front desk and their reply is "it happens". My issue is that its a promised service.

Room is tiny.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank George K
Dear George K, Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry that your stay wasn't perfect due to low WIFI signal; though I can imagine how frustrating it was to deal with that and its too late now but I would like to let you know that we are upgrading our WIFI in two weeks and we will not have these issues anymore. Please keep us in mind during your future travels and try our new WIFI. Thank you again.

Travelers are raving about these Essington hotels

York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I'm not one to write reviews on hotels, but this past weekend (March 21-23, 2014), my wife and I needed a simple place to stay while attending a church conference in Chester, PA. We were only 90 minutes from home, but yet didn't want to drive back and forth all weekend. While not wanting to spend a lot of money on a hotel and only needing a basic hotel and after reading the reviews online we decided to take a chance on this hotel. We don't have anything negative to say. The room was clean, we slept like babies, we didn't notice any airport noise considering the distance from the airport, and our staff interaction was nice. The only things that I can't review with five stars are: 1) don't expect the towels to feel like clouds, they could have used a little fabric softener 2) the "stopper" in the sink didn't function 100% which I left the front desk know was broken before we arrived. We stayed in Room 229. Again, I can't say anything negative regarding this hotel, we would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello and thank you so much for your review. My staff and I are so happy to hear that your had a nice stay with us. I want you to know that we fixed the problem in 229 and we are changing all our towels to softer and bigger brand as we are becoming RED ROOF PLUS. It will be our pleasure to have you back to stay with us again and try our new product. Thank you again!
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Been staying here for 5 days now due to a problem at home that left me temporarily homeless. The first night went to the office just to see if by any chance they had some personal items since I left in a rush and left some stuff behind, the office staff was very friendly and understanding and made sure I had everything I needed. Love the fact they are pet friendly since I had nobody to stay with my lil dog and no xtra charge for that!! Rooms are very clean and updated,the price is very affordable which is very helpful on my situation. The cleaning people are very friendly and make sure I have whatever I need for me and my children. Overall, a great place to stay at a great price. Will recommend 100%

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review. It is our pleasure to make everyone's stay as comfortable as we can away from home. I will share your comment with my staff and hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Airport Waterfront Inn
Airport Waterfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Essington

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!