“Might not be a 5 star hotel but has a 5 star service”

Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Been staying here for 5 days now due to a problem at home that left me temporarily homeless. The first night went to the office just to see if by any chance they had some personal items since I left in a rush and left some stuff behind, the office staff was very friendly and understanding and made sure I had everything I needed. Love the fact they are pet friendly since I had nobody to stay with my lil dog and no xtra charge for that!! Rooms are very clean and updated,the price is very affordable which is very helpful on my situation. The cleaning people are very friendly and make sure I have whatever I need for me and my children. Overall, a great place to stay at a great price. Will recommend 100%

• Stayed: March 2014
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review. It is our pleasure to make everyone's stay as comfortable as we can away from home. I will share your comment with my staff and hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Lisa Lobbia happened to be running the front desk when I stumbled in from the cold asking if Ref Roof Inn might some way, some how have jumper cables. A diagnostic a few days later at Monro where I bought the 84 month battery revealed dead cells & a shorted positive battery cable - the longer of the two that tapers to the starter. Having contacted Monro Corporate the Glenolden PA manager did provide a courtesy oil & filter change upon request since the battery checked A-ok two days before Christmas and now this? Warranty issues are still pending. But I digress. The ability to start my truck once a donor vehicle was tracked down I was on my way with wife & Yorkshire Terrier just as delighted to continue our travels. What Red Roof had not been informed is that I had been a stranded guest of the facility next door - Motel6 whose staff & management had no jumper cables - only one worker drove a car and they had left for the day- maybe - with no way of knowing if or when they would return! Used to stay at Red Roof Inn at a different nearby location. Until learning they aren't just pet friendly like Motel6 but also bill for pets :-( A clerk called the room to jack up the bill on one occasion. Thought she was scamming, called booking agent & RRI corporate. They don't mention pet billing at the site or have posted signs on-site. Anyway, TY, TY, TY - great save by RRI, make 10 lb doggies free & you'll have our monthly business & referrals back. Please give Lisa Lobbia a raise & a pizza party for the rest of the Essington PA RRI staff & management! TTFN

• Stayed: March 2014
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Sir. Thank you so much for your kind words. We always try to have items at the desk available for the guests if and when they might need something. Cable Jumpers happens to be one of them, we have umbrellas so you never have to get wet going to your car, we have a sewing kit if anyone ever had an oops. We try to add more WOW to everyone's stay so we thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are looking for a five star hotel, this is not the place...BUT but when you have no electricity or heat at your residence, it is a suitably clean place to lay your head. It was also a dog friendly establishment, which was a plus in my book and the rates were affordable..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest, we may not be a 5 star hotel on paper but we still treat and care about our guests like a 5 star. I thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in better circumstances than loosing power at your home.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I was planning a overnight getaway for my hubby and I just for a date night away from the kids nothing fancy. So i went online to make reservations since red roof inn isn't too far. Afterwards I called to find out the check in time so i could plan our day and was told that check in is usually 3pm but would have to call on that day to make sure my room was ready even after making reservations and if your room isn't ready and you cancel on the day of, you will still be charged. I immediately canceled my reservation and made other plans. I rather not even take my chances.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsStrand

Dear Mrs. Strand, thank you for your review. Every hotel has a check in/out time, ours happens to be at 3pm, the reason we ask guests to call us is to see if we have rooms available earlier so we can get you into your room earlier. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding and I do not want that to deter you from your future stays with us. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The door handle assured me the room was "100% Smoke Free," but when I entered it smelled like it had just been smoked in.
The sheets were stained.
I had paid for a cab to get there, since there was no shuttle, and it's the middle of winter, so I was stranded. I walked over ice around the huge snow drift to the Denny's next door, while people in cars creepily stared at me.
This was one of the hotels US Airways "covers" with their vouchers, which means absolutely nothing; the "offered" price of $80 was the same as that listed on the neon sign outside the hotel. I've stayed in better hotels, not in suburban Pennsylvania, for a third of that.
No shampoo, no conditioner, bad Wifi, questionable linens of all kinds.
I should've slept at the airport.

Never stay at this hotel for any reason.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Myster R, thank you so much for your review. We take everyone's comments and reviews very seriously. I am sorry we did not meet your expectation. Our rooms are 100% non smoking and we hope that everyone would respect that policy but unfortunately some don't. Again, my sincerest apology for your stay and I hope you will give us another chance in your future travels.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nothing special, but it met our needs for one night. The room was clean and appeared to be recently updated, although a bit cramped for a family of four. The bathroom in particular was very small. My only real complaint was that the mattress was too soft. So, my back was sore when I woke up.

We stayed here after visiting family in the area. The next morning, we headed into Philly for some sightseeing. The hotel is right off I-95 and we were at Independence Hall in just 15 minutes (it was a Sunday morning).

This property does not offer breakfast, but is right next to a Denny's.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello and thank you for your review. I am sorry our mattress was too soft. I will share your comments with our staff and we will continue to improve our quality. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon in your future travels.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

If I could give this hotel a -1, I would. They gouged with the price knowing about the airport canceling flights, there's no shuttle, no hair dryer, no coffee maker, and such a small shampoo that it only serviced one if us. Never again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Ms. Chalhoub,

Thank you so much for your review. We take everyone's opinion and experience very seriously. As you may know Red Roof Inn has different types of rooms. I am sorry you did not get a chance to experience our newly renovated Superior King that does include hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and other essentials. In addition, for those guests that choose a different type of room we have complementary items at the front desk, when our friendly Guest Services Representative would gladly supply anyone in need. Furthermore, I can assure you that as a company we never goug our rates and stay competitive with everyone in the area. Again, thank you so very much for your review and pleasant travels in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Airport Waterfront Inn
Airport Waterfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Essington
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!