“A haven from the storm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport

Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“A haven from the storm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are looking for a five star hotel, this is not the place...BUT but when you have no electricity or heat at your residence, it is a suitably clean place to lay your head. It was also a dog friendly establishment, which was a plus in my book and the rates were affordable..

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear guest, we may not be a 5 star hotel on paper but we still treat and care about our guests like a 5 star. I thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in better circumstances than loosing power at your home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I was planning a overnight getaway for my hubby and I just for a date night away from the kids nothing fancy. So i went online to make reservations since red roof inn isn't too far. Afterwards I called to find out the check in time so i could plan our day and was told that check in is usually 3pm but would have to call on that day to make sure my room was ready even after making reservations and if your room isn't ready and you cancel on the day of, you will still be charged. I immediately canceled my reservation and made other plans. I rather not even take my chances.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsStrand
Dear Mrs. Strand, thank you for your review. Every hotel has a check in/out time, ours happens to be at 3pm, the reason we ask guests to call us is to see if we have rooms available earlier so we can get you into your room earlier. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding and I do not want that to deter you from your future stays with us. Thank you again for your review.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The door handle assured me the room was "100% Smoke Free," but when I entered it smelled like it had just been smoked in.
The sheets were stained.
I had paid for a cab to get there, since there was no shuttle, and it's the middle of winter, so I was stranded. I walked over ice around the huge snow drift to the Denny's next door, while people in cars creepily stared at me.
This was one of the hotels US Airways "covers" with their vouchers, which means absolutely nothing; the "offered" price of $80 was the same as that listed on the neon sign outside the hotel. I've stayed in better hotels, not in suburban Pennsylvania, for a third of that.
No shampoo, no conditioner, bad Wifi, questionable linens of all kinds.
I should've slept at the airport.

Never stay at this hotel for any reason.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Myster R, thank you so much for your review. We take everyone's comments and reviews very seriously. I am sorry we did not meet your expectation. Our rooms are 100% non smoking and we hope that everyone would respect that policy but unfortunately some don't. Again, my sincerest apology for your stay and I hope you will give us another chance in your future travels.
New City, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Nothing special, but it met our needs for one night. The room was clean and appeared to be recently updated, although a bit cramped for a family of four. The bathroom in particular was very small. My only real complaint was that the mattress was too soft. So, my back was sore when I woke up.

We stayed here after visiting family in the area. The next morning, we headed into Philly for some sightseeing. The hotel is right off I-95 and we were at Independence Hall in just 15 minutes (it was a Sunday morning).

This property does not offer breakfast, but is right next to a Denny's.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hello and thank you for your review. I am sorry our mattress was too soft. I will share your comments with our staff and we will continue to improve our quality. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon in your future travels.
Lake Worth Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

If I could give this hotel a -1, I would. They gouged with the price knowing about the airport canceling flights, there's no shuttle, no hair dryer, no coffee maker, and such a small shampoo that it only serviced one if us. Never again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Ms. Chalhoub,

Thank you so much for your review. We take everyone's opinion and experience very seriously. As you may know Red Roof Inn has different types of rooms. I am sorry you did not get a chance to experience our newly renovated Superior King that does include hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and other essentials. In addition, for those guests that choose a different type of room we have complementary items at the front desk, when our friendly Guest Services Representative would gladly supply anyone in need. Furthermore, I can assure you that as a company we never goug our rates and stay competitive with everyone in the area. Again, thank you so very much for your review and pleasant travels in the future.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed 10 days while visiting Phili, the room was very small and dark. I had to ask for towels and a hair dryer since it wasn't there when we arrived. WiFi internet was very unstable and no food store close by. Cleaning was done daily, but very sloppy and late during the day. I would never recommend or come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ms. Isabella O,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectation after your 10 day stay in Philadelphia. I wish during your stay you would have mentioned your issues so that you could experience our newly renovated Superior King that is bigger in size with large selection of amenities. Again, thank you so much for your review and pleasant future travels.
Sant Cugat del Valles, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked this hotel after booking another Red Roof in Hickory, and thinking that the amenities would be the same. But not. The hotel was $78 plus taxes, and it was in remodel. The door doesn't worked properly, there wasn't a cofee maker nor a microwaves, the door was wet/painted and there was plenty of contractors in the morning. Just in front of this hotel there is a Motel 6 for $33.... seriously? I would recommend not to book this hotel until they finish the remodeling. Maybe then the price will worth it...but not now, for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Mr. Cardena, thank you for your review. As we continue to improve our hotel with new rooms, I am proud to say that, even with better quality of the rooms then other hotels in the area, we are still competitively priced. Our renovation will be completed in a few weeks and we will gladly have you back. On a side note, Motel 6 price sign hasn't been working properly, their rate is $69.99. Thanks again for your comments and I hope you have great holiday season.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
#6 of 7 in Essington
3.0 of 5 stars 104 reviews
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!