“Unprepared”

Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The first room reeked of wet cigarette ashtray. Room safe was inoperable. Second room was horribly hot, dirty, and the room safe was also inoperable. Third room was at least clean but there weren't towels in the bathroom. The bathtub was so small that the bottom was curved and not flat. It also had no mat nor was it anti-slip.

Room Tip: If you absolutely have to stay at this hotel, make sure you check it out before you move in all your...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very Clean Hotel and again Relief on your Rate!! Again your not robbed of over charging Hotels! So fair and worth staying at!! 10 minutes from Airport! T.V. okay! Internet good! Pillows better than most! Stayed here before and they always work with you on the Rate when they can!

Room Tip: Remember to get your coupon at the rest areas or welcome centers for all Hotels! They usually have t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello, and thank you for your review. I would like to let you know that our property is scheduled for complete renovation this year. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We've stayed at this Red Roof several times and have noticed some improvements in the general condition of the property lately. Rooms are big and clean, lots of desk and sink space, wifi is good, beds are comfortable, and if you like the occasional cholesterol/sugar bomb of a pastry, the Philly Diner across the way has the most toothachingly sweet sticky buns on the planet. It's a little steep for a motel vs. hotel (and compared with most Red Roofs we stay at) so we'd been thinking of shopping around for something less $$$, but the very nice woman at check-in noticed I had a Corporate Lodging (CLC) card in my wallet and mentioned the rate would be lower if I wanted to use that instead... so we'll definitely be staying put. :)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Located in a small town on the outskirts of Philadelphia near I-95, and is one exit away from Philadelphia Airport.
I needed a room for a short stay near the airport, and the Red Roof Inn ran a special on room prices that was well under $100. I selected a non-smoking room, and when ingot to the room it was very dingy looking, but it was cleaned. This facility is located on a local highway, and is near restaurants, and Mass Transit. I felt somewhat uncomfortable since I was roomed next to hoodlums who occupied several rooms around mines. It seems the hotel staff segregate the unsavory characters from the out of town travelers. At night things looked sketchy so I don't recommend any single females to stay here by themselves.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 23, 2013

getting checked in took awhile and the grounds were littered with cigarette butts. We asked for a bottom floor and was informed that if smoke bothered us that wouldn't be idea. We had a room up on the 3rd floor. It was very clean ,warm and comfortable. It had free internet access and they offered room service though we got some drinks at Dennys that shared the property. very easy access to the phl airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Juliana your hotel brought me so many good impressions of love of feelings to one darling from Ukraine. Imperceptible surname Mashuk, and so much love was to this person.Alredy 1 year as in Vladivostok. Simply I wanted to learn a little about it. Thank you very much

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Firstly, if you need very healthy food options, the food pickin's are slim in the surrounding area. There's a Denny's and another diner next door. The front desk gave me an option of flyers of places that deliver: various pizza, chinese, etc. There is no food or room service in the hotel.

The rooms are visibly clean enough and quiet, but just at the average level. There was something kinda gross on the toilet seat (hair), but the bathroom was picked up and towels folded tidy enough. I treated it like a public restroom. I would never walk barefoot on the carpet, but that is just my standard hotel practice. This one especially.

However, the check-in/check-out was nice and easy. There was no line or crowd. Thankfully I split the room with a roommate, or I feel this place may have been waayyyyy overpriced, even for a hotel airport. I'd say the room is worth about $60/night. But I think it's about double that on the sites. It's better than the roadside hotels I've stayed at, and the doors are sealed nicely from the elements (door is an exterior door to an exterior breezeway, there are no inside hallways). And basically that is that. Tolerable for an overnight, possibly two. Better than sleeping outside on the sidewalk, or in your car.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Hello, and thank you for your review. I would like to let you know that our property is scheduled for complete renovation in January 2013. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof.

We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Airport Waterfront Inn
Airport Waterfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Essington
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!