“Not so bad”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Olathe, Kansas
“Not so bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2007

Stayed at this place because US Airways cancelled my flight due to "weather", and ended up on a $69 distress rate on my way home from London. Shuttle came almost immediately after I called for it, which was great since I was so tired. Got to the hotel, and the front desk people were extremely nice despite being so busy and full of other stranded passengers. Got up to my room not expecting much, but it wasn't too bad. It was nice to have a balcony with a sliding door even though I never used it. Bed was comfortable, linens clean and fresh. Ordered room service which took nearly an hour for a Reuben and fries to come, and it was pretty sub-par, but I didn't care, I just wanted food and sleep. I passed out from tiredness and was only awaken by a severe storm at about 11pm and my wake up call at 5am. Shuttle to the airport took some time because there were so many people taking it, but I was very, very impressed with the fact that they had at least 4 vans running, largely in part to them also running an off-site airport parking lot here - whatever it takes!

In conclusion, if I were planning on staying at Philadelphia Airport, I'd go with something a little nicer, but considering everything was full, and the rate I got, I was quite happy with the Ramada.

• Liked — Airport shuttle and staff
  • Disliked — Room Service quality and delay
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Zacharius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
bar harbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

April 13, 2007

My husband and I were bumped from a flight leaving from Philadelphia and going to Italy. The airline put us up for the evening at this Ramada Inn.

The room was comfortable and clean and the staff was extremely helpful, especially Ben at the night reception desk. He helped us email our lodging establishment in Sicily to inform them that we would be a day late. This put our mind at ease, so that we could relax, enjoy the evening and catch our new plane the next day.

• Liked — great, helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank coachBarHarbor
Elmira, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

US Airways gave me a free night at this place for not being able to get me home that day. Originally they put me up in a place in Camden NJ, which I refused....so I got this place. Was only here for 5 hours or so. I had no problems with the staff....but the hotel is "tired". The rooms are dark (probably to hide the problems). There are way too many hotels in the surrounding area for you to choose this one. I have no idea what they charge/night...but I would look elsewhere.

• Liked — I didnt have to pay for it...shuttle to airport was on-time
  • Disliked — it is a worn down hotel
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ELMny
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2007

We stayed this Ramada a couple years ago. Wow what a difference. The lobby looked newly renovated. Our room was large and clean. Get deal with the parking package. Would go there again.

Stayed May 2007
3 Thank WorryFreePhilly
Chicago, Il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2007

I honestly don't know where to begin. Do I talk about the staff, the filth, the smells, the food, the noise, the mangement or should I say LACK of. This was by far the most disgusting and poorly managed hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel a lot for business. When I walked though the doors of this hotel all I could smell was smoke and
mold - it was horrible. As I continued towards the front desk all I heard was laughing, shouting, music and cursing and this all was coming from the staff behind the front desk. I literally stood there for 7 minutes - 7 minutes I stood and waited for someone to acknowledge me in anyway. 2 seperate employees at different times even saw me standing there and I had to WAIT for them to finish their
discussion on men and sex before they would help me. The worse part is...I found out later that night that one of the employees that saw me waiting to be checked in turned out to be the Front Desk MANAGER.
No wonder the clerks behind the desk acted the way they did - they get their lead and example from some man who has NO clue on managing!!!!!

I was actually scared walking to my room. The hallways were dark and dirty and I did not feel safe at all. When I entered my room I immediately felt dirty. The walls were filthy, the bathroom had an odor to it, the bed looked old and worn and the windows were disgusting. I called down to the front desk and asked to be moved and was told I couldn't be. When I asked why..I was told just because we can't at this time. I did not unpack my bags and decided I
would just sleep in my clothes on the chair that was in my room cause
there was no way I was getting in that bed. I went down to get something to eat and I waiting 20 minutes to be seated, 10 to be greeted by my server and 45 minutes for my cold, uncooked old looking
food. I did not eat it - and the server never acknowledged that or asked if anything was wrong. When I left I asked the cashier if there
was a manager around and was told that not in the restaurant but maybe over at the desk. So, I went to the front desk and asked for a manager. The clerk went behind the desk to some office, closed a door
and came out and told me that no manager was available. I then asked for her supervisor. She started looking scared at this point and again she went back to that office. 15 minutes later the man I saw earlier in the day joking and cursing and making me just stand at the desk waiting to be helped came out and said he was the manager of the front desk. When I asked why I was told that he wasn't available he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I proceeded to tell him my problems over the course of the night and all I got was "I apologize" and was given someone by the name of Renee who I could write a letter to.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Is this customer service? Is this acceptable??? Obviously at this Ramada it is. I wrote the letter and never got a call or response from the person Renee that I was referred to. I have since adviced my company and all of the ones that
I visit weekly thoughout the United States to never ever ever use this hotel again when coming through Philadelphia. To the management of Ramada CORP who I hope read this review - you need to SHUT THIS PROPERTY DOWN NOW and get rid of ALL OF YOUR MANAGEMENT - it is a disgrace and a joke and it ruins the crediability of the Ramada name!!!!!

• Liked — Absolutly Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
8 Thank ChickyVIP
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2007

We were sent to this hotel by US Airways after they delayed our flight till the following day. Yes, they paid for it. Yes I would rather sleep outside near the disgusting pond I saw on the way to the hotel. ARE YOU JOKING ME??? It was the worst things I have seen...EVER. DO NOT stay here. It really is sad because it gives some people a bad impression of Philadelphia. The real Philadlephia is a beautiful city with so much class and style. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2007
6 Thank hdinnba23
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2007

This hotel is absolutely horrible. The only desent thing about this place is the vicinity to the airport and the parking which is gated so you didn't have to worry too much about your vehicle while on vacation. Parking was included in the price of the room which was cheap. Shuttle drivers were pleasent but slammed the luggage around so much that carefully packed souveniors were destroyed. They say you get what you pay for, however, I don't think that you should have to sleep in a scum hole because of it. When we arrived it was late and pouring rain and you don't notice all the grossness right away. I was too tired to complain and just needed a place to stay one night to catch a flight in the morning. I'm sure going through the hassle of changing rooms at 11pm would have resulted in sheets just as dirty and god only knows what on the floor. All I asked for were 2 styrofoam cups so we could drink the coffee provided in the morning. When the maid showed up with them she practically shoved them at me. After inspection I noticed one had a hole in it. Gee thanks, problemed solved. I laid on one little section of the bed all night in my clothes and could hardly sleep for how gross it felt. My husband kept saying "that's why they call it Filthadelphia". We did not bother with whatever breakfast they offered, I could only imagine. I did right a letter for how displeased I was but recieved no response, no apoligy or anything, they obviously couldn't care less.

• Liked — Parking and shuttle to airport
  • Disliked — Dirty sheets, dirty carpet, dirty glasses. Absolutely disgusting!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank KerryA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!