“Weekend Disaster”

The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
“Weekend Disaster”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went to this hotel as my niece was having her reception at the hotel. This could have been an absolute disaster as the (So Called) Director of Sales almost ruined the day by not being cooperative to my niece the bride the day before the wedding. The Saving Grace for the day was the F & B Manager Jeffrey W. who was so accommodating. He stayed with us the night before until 3am to ensure the room was set to our satisfaction. And He was there the next morning as well to make sure the day went great. Overall the day went well. The food was Ok, the service was excellent. Thanks Jeffrey for making the day manageable.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andre A
Jason B, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Andre A,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your niece's wedding at our hotel. Unfortunately, our Wedding Specialist was unavailable due to a very serious emergency the week leading up to the wedding and the Director of Sales had to take over the wedding just days before. Other than some miscommunication, everything worked out fine in the end and the wedding was a success. I personally spoke to your niece about this situation and everything has been resolved to her satisfaction.

We are very happy that the wedding was a success and we wish the bride and groom many happy years together!!

Jason Bloom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I hosted a corporate event here for two days. Two full days of training, one cocktail reception. The sales/catering team were great and I was very impressed with the food. The facility is undergoing renovations and I was pleasantly surprised at my comfort. The noise level at night was quiet, the new restaurant was very tasty. The gym needs some serious work. On the surface it looks fine, but the machines are junk. The ellipticals were in horrible shape and all three should have been retired 5 years ago. The spin bike - junk. Treadmills - something from a house that also should have been retired 5 years ago. Junk junk junk. I'd stay here again, thanks for the great hospitality! Jose in F&B was very accommodating!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear prnewman,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Philadelphia Airport for your recent event. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your entire event and stay. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience in our fitness room, I've addressed all of the equipment with our maintenance staff to repair. We will address equipment replacement this year if it cannot be repaired properly. Also, thanks for mentioning one of our excellent managers, Jose in F&B!

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at the clarion hotel and I would highly recommend other couples to do the same. Everything was PERFECT! There isn't one thing that I would have changed. The decorations were beautiful and the service was fantastic! They have a very thorough and reasonable wedding package and the staff is incredible. Throughout the planning process the catering manager was always quick to return my calls and answer any questions that I had. I can honestly say my wedding was a dream come true and that's because of the hard work and dedication of the staff at the clarion hotel.
Clarion rocks!!!!!
I did not mention food because I used an outside caterer since it was an African wedding and we wanted our ethnic food to be served to our guests.
Mariatu & Mohamed

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mariatu B,

CONGRATULATIONS!! First of all, thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center for your very special day. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your event. We can accommodate all types of weddings with our in-house catering or outside catering services, especially for specific ethnic food choices. Again, I wish you both, Mariatu & Mohamed the best of luck!! Consider us for all of your wedding anniversaries!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was very impressed with recently done improvements - everything from the exterior to the lobby and, of course, the rooms. Everything looks great, very inviting. The staff was super friendly and accomodating. The room is the most important - well appointed, clean and quiet. My wife loved the decor, particularly the bed linens. The hotel is very easy to access from the airport and from suburban Delaware County - easy on/off from I95 in both directions. Spacious parking lot. We stayed there for a recent family reunion/visit and it was a superior experience. My only regret is that we did not get to eat in the restaurant. We peeked in - renovations were almost done. Very impressive arrangement and decor. Can't wait for the next opportunity to return.

Room Tip: We happened to get a room facing I95. No problem. Completely quiet, restful nights and we're f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MichaelV1381,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your entire stay. Like you, we are also very excited about all of the new renovations to the hotel. You will be happy to know that just a couple of weeks ago we opened our new Red Fire American Grill Restaurant & Bar.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It’s been some time since I’ve stayed at this hotel and I was surprisingly impressed with all of the renovations they’ve completed. The exterior of this hotel looks great. The lobby is very impressive and inviting and the new restaurant, Red Fire American Grill, was awesome. I'm a mother traveling with two young kids so I look for hotels to stay where I feel safe and comfortable and it has the conveniences of home. The hotel staff was pleasant, accommodating, and efficient. My kids thought that the lobby looked like a wonderland with the floor to ceiling waterfall and modern decor. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: The rooms are quite nice. We always ask for a room on away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear rosann0802,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Philadelphia Airport again for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your entire stay. Like you, we are also very excited about all of the wonderful changes to our hotel. We are glad that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay!

Newark,Delaware
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in April 2013 and found it to be very nice hotel. It was quiet, clean, had a comfortable bed, easy check-in and check out process and it was very close to the airport. It was nicely decorated. The bathroom was up to date in style.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear meeta4,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay in April 2013. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your entire stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Recently redeemed a living social deal for parking and shuttle service at PHL Park & Jet. Was picked up quickly after parking in the lot and driven to the airport. Pickup upon my return to the airport was also very quick. It was a very busy time and there were numerous vehicles radio dispatched picking up passengers to return them to the lot. You could hear the dispatcher communicating with the drivers telling them how many passengers to pick up and at which terminals. When our vehicle was full, our driver reassured other waiting passengers at the terminal that another vehicle was on the way to get them. Will definitely use this service again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear VD123,

Thank you for choosing Park&JET at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your parking experience as well.

KEEP IN MIND, if you are flying out early in the morning and do not want to fight traffic or wake-up late, the Clarion Hotel is the only hotel at the Philadelphia Airport that offers a 100% Secured Park, Sleep & Fly Package! For your next trip, wake-up without any hassles, contact us at (610) 521-9600 to book your Park, Sleep and Fly Package!

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Jason Bloom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!