Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport
Orbitz.com
$144
$144
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2012

SECURITY ISSUES! The first morning at the hotel we returned at approximately 3:00 - 4:00 pm to find our room propped open. Hotel cleaning staff had propped the door open using the security latch, the staff was 3 - 4 rooms down. We immediately checked our room and reported this to management and continued with our next appointment. The following morning we chose to leave the "Do Not Disturb" placard up. When we returned at approximately 1:00 pm I counted (7) rooms on our end of the corridor that were left open and unattended. Hotel cleaning staff was in the middle of the corridor several rooms down. At any time any person could walk into these rooms and remove property. Apparently, this is common practice for this staff. Very displeased with this hotel. My number one concern is always safety and it is upsetting to find that the staff has no concern for the safety of it's guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle H
Audrey G, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.
I will address your concerns with our Housekeeping Deaprtment Manager.
We make every effort to have our guests feel safe and secure at all times, and definitely want to address it if we don't meet their expectations.
If you are ever in the area again, please contact me and I will personally take care of your arrangements.
At your service,

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I worked overtime for months to save for this trip it was a hockey tournament my son was invited to. The second day there we were in the restaurant and i set my phone down with at least 5 other parents ( close friends) and when i came back 15 mins later all our dishes glasses and my brand new blackberry phone was gone, i brought it to thier attention and asked about it and the claimed not to of seen it...next night when we went down there the same waitress that was very talkitive and friendly with us the night before wouldnt even come near outt table,,,,it was very clear to us she picke dit up...i left a message on it begging to give it back because i had pic on it of me and my mom at xmas ( my mom passed after xmas ) the message was recieved and they just "lol" and turned my phone off. I have never in my life been so dissapointed in a motel i told the front desk and anyone that would listen ...they wanted nothing to do with it and did not even talk to the waitress......so all i can tell you is hang onto everything you own....although i cannot afford another phone like that....my pic are pricless and i left broken hearted.....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Shannon J
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were told that building will become a Clarion and is undergoing renovations. Lobby is updated and lovely. The rooms were quite clean just dated. We had called and requested a refrigerator and a microwave in the room both at the time of reservation and the morning of our arrival. Neither were there. The front desk staff were very pleasant and assured us they would be right up. The refrigerator came right away but was warm and unuseable for quite awhile. after one more call the microwave did arrive. The staff was apologetic and did not charge us for either appliance due to the mistake. The a/c unit turned on and off ,very loudly all night and my roommate could not sleep a wink. ( I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me.) When we talked to the staff they sent up a maintenance man who reset the a/c to run continuously all night.
This hotel is in an industrial park with train tracks right outside although we did not hear any trains while we were there. Our balcony overlooked the roof top and was unusable due to the noise and heat coming off the roof equipment. The pool was clean but not a pleasant area to relax. There were too few chairs, no umbrellas or tables. It is next to the road surrounded by a chain link fence and a little grass. Would be good to let kids burn off some energy but that's it.
The onsite restaurant was a bit pricey for the quality but adequate. The only nearby restaurants were a Denny's and a diner. Neither were horrible. There is not much else nearby.
Overall this was fairly decent for an airport hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Ramada is close to the Phildelpia Airport and the shuttle is on time so it's convenient for business trip. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant for breakfast is good and plentifull, the staff is discreet and kind. Staff at the reception is kind and at your disposal every time. For my next business trip I'll stay there again .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This building really is an extremely low-budget motel built atop a million dollar lobby. The lobby is beautiful and bustling and the bar is nice. Although the bartender was friendly, nobody knew what food (from one of the various menus) was actually available. After a very long wait, I took my adequate food up to my shanty (think lowest possible budget accommodation).
In the morning I was not surprised that a manager had still not shown up by 0930 and the rest of the lethargic staff seemed pretty OK with this despite my disgust.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
DJester, Manager at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about us.

I'm sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. The lobby was recently redone. We removed the stairs and replaced them with two 4ft wide 20ft tall waterwalls and a 6ft wide 2ft tall fireplace.

We are starting the sleeping room phase of our renovation next month. The new granite countertops, china sinks, window/sliding door dressings, coffee makers and coffee product, and bed and bath linens will show the dedication we have towards our guest's and their comfort.

I know it's difficult to imagine what the hotel will look like when the renovations are complete, believe me it's going to be an astounding change.

I hope that you will give us another change to show you how important all of our guests' are to us.

Have a great day,