“SECURITY ISSUES!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Katy, Texas
“SECURITY ISSUES!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

SECURITY ISSUES! The first morning at the hotel we returned at approximately 3:00 - 4:00 pm to find our room propped open. Hotel cleaning staff had propped the door open using the security latch, the staff was 3 - 4 rooms down. We immediately checked our room and reported this to management and continued with our next appointment. The following morning we chose to leave the "Do Not Disturb" placard up. When we returned at approximately 1:00 pm I counted (7) rooms on our end of the corridor that were left open and unattended. Hotel cleaning staff was in the middle of the corridor several rooms down. At any time any person could walk into these rooms and remove property. Apparently, this is common practice for this staff. Very displeased with this hotel. My number one concern is always safety and it is upsetting to find that the staff has no concern for the safety of it's guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Danielle H
Audrey G, Director of Sales at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
I will address your concerns with our Housekeeping Deaprtment Manager.
We make every effort to have our guests feel safe and secure at all times, and definitely want to address it if we don't meet their expectations.
If you are ever in the area again, please contact me and I will personally take care of your arrangements.
At your service,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Stratford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I worked overtime for months to save for this trip it was a hockey tournament my son was invited to. The second day there we were in the restaurant and i set my phone down with at least 5 other parents ( close friends) and when i came back 15 mins later all our dishes glasses and my brand new blackberry phone was gone, i brought it to thier attention and asked about it and the claimed not to of seen it...next night when we went down there the same waitress that was very talkitive and friendly with us the night before wouldnt even come near outt table,,,,it was very clear to us she picke dit up...i left a message on it begging to give it back because i had pic on it of me and my mom at xmas ( my mom passed after xmas ) the message was recieved and they just "lol" and turned my phone off. I have never in my life been so dissapointed in a motel i told the front desk and anyone that would listen ...they wanted nothing to do with it and did not even talk to the waitress......so all i can tell you is hang onto everything you own....although i cannot afford another phone like that....my pic are pricless and i left broken hearted.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Shannon J
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were told that building will become a Clarion and is undergoing renovations. Lobby is updated and lovely. The rooms were quite clean just dated. We had called and requested a refrigerator and a microwave in the room both at the time of reservation and the morning of our arrival. Neither were there. The front desk staff were very pleasant and assured us they would be right up. The refrigerator came right away but was warm and unuseable for quite awhile. after one more call the microwave did arrive. The staff was apologetic and did not charge us for either appliance due to the mistake. The a/c unit turned on and off ,very loudly all night and my roommate could not sleep a wink. ( I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me.) When we talked to the staff they sent up a maintenance man who reset the a/c to run continuously all night.
This hotel is in an industrial park with train tracks right outside although we did not hear any trains while we were there. Our balcony overlooked the roof top and was unusable due to the noise and heat coming off the roof equipment. The pool was clean but not a pleasant area to relax. There were too few chairs, no umbrellas or tables. It is next to the road surrounded by a chain link fence and a little grass. Would be good to let kids burn off some energy but that's it.
The onsite restaurant was a bit pricey for the quality but adequate. The only nearby restaurants were a Denny's and a diner. Neither were horrible. There is not much else nearby.
Overall this was fairly decent for an airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Ramada is close to the Phildelpia Airport and the shuttle is on time so it's convenient for business trip. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant for breakfast is good and plentifull, the staff is discreet and kind. Staff at the reception is kind and at your disposal every time. For my next business trip I'll stay there again .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Vass, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This building really is an extremely low-budget motel built atop a million dollar lobby. The lobby is beautiful and bustling and the bar is nice. Although the bartender was friendly, nobody knew what food (from one of the various menus) was actually available. After a very long wait, I took my adequate food up to my shanty (think lowest possible budget accommodation).
In the morning I was not surprised that a manager had still not shown up by 0930 and the rest of the lethargic staff seemed pretty OK with this despite my disgust.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DJester, Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about us.

I'm sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory. The lobby was recently redone. We removed the stairs and replaced them with two 4ft wide 20ft tall waterwalls and a 6ft wide 2ft tall fireplace.

We are starting the sleeping room phase of our renovation next month. The new granite countertops, china sinks, window/sliding door dressings, coffee makers and coffee product, and bed and bath linens will show the dedication we have towards our guest's and their comfort.

I know it's difficult to imagine what the hotel will look like when the renovations are complete, believe me it's going to be an astounding change.

I hope that you will give us another change to show you how important all of our guests' are to us.

Have a great day,
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Hotel room a little dated and phone didn't work, neither did two of the outlets and the bathroom is so small you have to close the door to turn around, water pooled past ankles while showering and toilet didn't flush convincingly. But it was quite clean, no bedbugs, TV worked and the fan could be turned up loud enough to cover hallway noise and airport noise so I actually slept each night which is not the usual case for me at hotels. It is pricey for what you get though and for that price should have a free breakfast as there isn't much in the area besides a Denny's and another diner. No grocery anywhere near to buy healthy food. Also since ice machines were perpetually out of ice, they should have fridges in the rooms. Pool also closed at 8pm on Sunday, right when we came back from dinner and hoped to have a swim. I didn't book the hotel for the group and was expecting much worse given the reviews but it was ok. Staff indifferent but they kept the noise down...didn't hear much hallway activity after 10pm. And clean is top of my requirements in a hotel room and it was that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
East Rutherford, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I gave in and redeemed 16,000 WR points for a night at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport, while in town for work, and surprisingly wasn’t bad at all. Yes, it was basic and somewhat dated, but I was comfortable and had a great night’s sleep, so that’s all that matters. There’s something mesmerizing about airport hotels – I love hearing the soothing sounds of the planes taking off and landing. Maybe it’s the airplane geek in me…

I ended up unintentionally meeting a US Airways pilot at the hotel. No, we didn’t meet in the elevator or at the lobby bar… Instead, we had an awkward exchange as I saw him wearing his uniform shirt on top… and just his undergarments on bottom in what I thought was my room. After some awkward eye contact, a glance at his uniform (how I was able to identify him as a “US Airways” pilot in under 2 seconds still baffles me), and a quick “OMG, I’m so sorry,” I closed the door and hurried back to the lobby.

There must have been a mix up at check in; somehow the front desk clerk had mistakenly handed me keys to a room that was obviously already occupied, but in the end it was more funny than embarrassing. I’m just thankful that I didn’t get any unexpected visits in my new room at any point during the night.

The Ramada Philadelphia Airport is a large property, conveniently located near the airport (duh), and offers free parking.

Rooms were a little dated and dim, but very spacious and featured a full sliding-door balcony. Yay, natural light!

Adjacent to my bed was a sitting area featuring a loveseat, chairs, TV, etc.

Bathroom vanity was basic, but I had no complaints.

Clean bathroom stocked with many towels.

For the complete review (with pictures), please visit my blog post about this property at: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/justanotherpointstraveler/2012/05/27/have-you-ever-walked-in-on-someone/

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are nicer