“Bad deal for your buck”

Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is in poor condition, under renovations, poor security in the parking areas. Stayed there in may of 2012 for a business training at the hotel. One attendee of the training had his $60,000 truck stolen out of the parking lot. Most of the staff are nice but the condition gets a 3 rating. Food was good especially their salad. dining areas are dated back 30 years, swimming pool get a 3 rating for condition. The overall condition of the hotel is a 3 of 10. Will never stay in this place again!

Room Tip: They are in fair condition, just outdated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank foodcritic2010

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at the Ramada last night and it was outstanding! Everyone was so nice and personable. We hung out in the lounge, the food was great and the drinks were priced just right. We will certainly be staying here again, whether it is for business or for fun. We recommend the
Ramada to everyone! Thank you again!!

-Mike B.
Delaware

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Donald Jester is one of the best employees I have had the joy to meet. His is professional and personable. The desk staff is great and on point with whats going on.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Due to a cancelled flight, I was sent to this hotel by United Airlines.
Upon arrival, we were met with a front desk person who first demanded my ID and travel voucher. She gave me a key and immediately looked to the next of the 3 people waiting for their room.
Room 435 was assigned to me. The front of the door was filthy which should have been my first hint more trouble was to follow.
Upon entering, the smell of the room hit me first. Mold and filth was the disgusting smell.
Roach on the bathroom floor, the stopper out of the cracked bathroom sink was laying on top of the sink, GAG!!
The inside of the toilet was dirty, rust in the tub and very dingy towels in the bathroom.
The bed? Well, the old comforter looked like something from 1970. It was frayed and thrown over the dollar store pillows which were just about as flat as a pancake.
A old fleece blanet was on the bed and I kid you not...there were 3 dried up bugs on the bed and hair all over the blanket.

After a 8 hour day of delays and cancellations, NO LUGGAGE and then this??
I slept in the chair with no blanket for about 4 hours. I took the shuttle back to the airport.

This place should be condemmed and United should be ashamed for sending anyone to this filthy place!

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott in the airport and do not waste your money here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pam15801
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Reading other comments on tripadvisor I can't comprehend how actual guests could give such good ratings. I think most are fake. My room smelled disgusting. Changed rooms, still smelled. No wifi, no financial compensation because according to the supervisor it was a free service. I never write these comments, until now. Don't want others to go through what I did.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
DJester, Manager at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I applogize that your stay was unsatisfactory.

The problems you encountered are typical for our guest's.

A vital piece of our Wifi infrastructure was dammaged and created a dead zone in our Wifi coverage, we were unable to gett the replacement until yesterday. Currently the Wifi is up and running at full coverage.

The Front Desk Supervisor was correct, since we are stilll able to offer complimentary WiFi we wouldn't be able to compensate you for the time it wasn't working properly.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our stay was great ...we were flying out of PHL early AM and decided to
stay at the Ramada. Easy shuttle ride to airport with curtious and helpful
driver. We will use this hotel again..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
DJester, Manager at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about us.

I'm glad that we were able to make your stay pleasent. We hope that you stay with us again in the near future.

Did you see the lobby renovations? The new fountain should be done soon, and then we are putting down new tile and carpets.

Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future.

Have a great day,

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Essington Ramada for a weekend last month - the entire experience was just as we expected and as described in the literature/web page. What isn't in the literature is how helpful, courteous and professional the staff was for our entire weekend. But really remarkable was the truly outstanding front office manager Oreta Durakli, who saw to it that an unfortunate mistake on our part, leaving our camera behind, was corrected quickly with much appreciated competence when she sent the camera home to grateful owners. Thank you Oreta and Essington Ramada!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael H

Thank you for atking time to write a review.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review will be passed on to our front desk to see how much of an impact they have with our guest's.

Oreta is always available to help our guest's and I'm glad she got your camera back to you.

Did you notive the renovations while you were here?

While we still have a long way to go to make this hotel the best we can you can tell by what has already been accomplished that we value our guest's comments and opinions.

Please let me know if we can be of assistance to you in the future.

Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport? Share your experiences!