“Incredible Service”

The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed July 14, 2011

After a long flight and a bad experience at another hotel, I decided to stay at the Ramada near the Philadelphia airport. The front desk manager Oreta Brooks-Durakli made me feel welcomed and confident that I would have a great experience during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
DJester, Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Oreata show an excelent example of the service we expect every guest to recieve. We have made sure she knows just how much she affected your stay.

If there is anything else you need you can contact me at 610-521-9600 ext 1167 or you can contact Oreta at 610-521-9600 ext. 1130

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I have stayed here many times. Rooms are clean and Avg in an older hotel. Staff is really good. Food in restaurant is poor and pricey. They know they have you because there is not a lot close by.

• Stayed: June 2011

Thank you for you review of the hotel.

I noticed you mentioned that the food was poor. Our new chef Tony DiCarlo is working with the entire food service staff and our vendors to improve the quality of our food and make the price more economical.

For those guest's who prefer not to eat in the hotel there are 2 diners right across the street, many take-out restaurants that deliver to the hotel and a very nice restaurant right down the street that will provide transportation to and from their establishment.

While the building itself is old, rooms are comfortable we know they are lacking some of the upperclass ammenities and furnishings that most travelers come to expect. With the comments we have recieved we are able to properly plan for the improvemnts we are making now that we are working on a $3.5 million renovation that will include the exterior, public spaces including the restaurant and lounge, and the fixtures, furniture and all the soft goods and technology in the guest rooms. We appreciate our loyal customers and ask for patience during the renovation process which will be completed by October 1st, 2012 at the latest.

Here at the Ramada we know that there are many options a travler has when the decide where they want to stay and would like to thank you for staying with us.

If i can be of any assistance please contact me directly at 610-521-9600 ext 1167

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I returned to Philadelphia last night from Cedar Rapids IA, and felt it was necessary to let whoever is in charge of the Park and Jet know that they have an outstanding crew working for them. I arrived at around 5:30 PM, but do not remember the name of the driver. I do know that he is a military veteran, and a Phillies fan. He got me all caught up with what was happening with the team, and carried three bags and a stroller to my car while I was minding my small children. When we left the facility at 6:30, the girl working the cash register was about as nice as anyone I have ever met. She asked about our trip, waved at the kids, and just helped turn what is normally a hassle into a pleasant experience. Good customer service, What a novel concept. Wally Park can keep their complimentary water and newspaper. I'll take the service I get at the Park and Jet every time. Thank You!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
DJester, Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

We rely on Park & Jet to provide the best service for our guest's and they do not dissappoint. We know that while there are many options in the airport area. We are the at the top of the list when it comes to transportation.

The possitive experience you encountered is an example of the level of care for our guest's that we instill in all of our associates

Our fleet of shuttle's can get you back to the secured lot or the hotel quickly even though we are farther away.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

this was our first time to philly, shuttle driver was on time and pleasant, front desk oreta was polite and answered all questions professionally. gav e us a great restaurant withihn walking distance. identified us by name every time they say us. this is a great place to stay you are treated royally.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

So many good reviews in less than 1 month!

It's so nice to find out that our hard work is paying off and that we are able to show our guests that they are important to us. Our renovations will be completed by October 1st, 2011 and that will make it easier for our guests to recieve the friendly, professional and efficient service that we belive you deserve.

If there is anything else we can do please do not hesitate to contact any of our Management Team and I'm sure we will do the best we can.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed three nights with four in one room. Two adults and two kids. We had to get a special medical rate, because the Ronald McDonald House was full. The room was a basic two double bed room with table, chairs, desk, tv, etc. The room decor and bed linens were very outdated. The room smelled very stuffy and musty. It smelled like it had been shut off for months. The bathroom had a dirty towel on the floor and mildew in the shower. We opened the balcony door, although there was no view other than the street and the planes. There were birds living in the hole in the concrete on the balcony, though our kids enjoyed it. The staff was very nice and accommodating to our needs, lendin us a refrigerator to store our Child's heart meds. We have never been to PA, so we had no clue what our options were. Next time, we will research first.

• Stayed: June 2011
DJester, Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Please know that we value your feedback as a vital part of improving the level of service and comfort. And because of your comments we are able to make sure that these issue'a are adressed and corrected.

The hotel was built in 1976 and has had many renovations over the years. We are starting a $3.5 million, full renovation in August that include's the exterior, the lobby, all of the function and public space and all of the soft good and technology in the rooms. The renovation will be completed on October 1st, 2012 and hopefully our guest's will see that we appreciate that they make the choice to stay with us. If you are in need of a hotel in the philadelphia area after our renovations are complete please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 610-521-9600 ext 1167.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

First time I've ever reviewed a hotel, but the experience was so terrible, I'm motivated to let others know. I do a lot of traveling, but was really taken aback by how poorly every part of this hotel's service was. The building itself is old and in disrepair. At 4 am, I plugged in my coffee pot, only to have it blow the fuses in the room, and they had to move me to another room so I could take a shower. The hotel clerks apology was, "You're lucky we had another room for you", as if it was my fault I plugged in my coffee-maker! They never cleaned my room, I came back from my meeting the first night, only to find my tip & rumpled sheets on the bed and my old dirty breakfast dishes still sitting on my table! I was so happy they had a big pool, until I got in; multiple people actually screamed, it was so cold. There was no place to put dirty pool towels. The pool is only open from 10am to 8 pm, which doesn't suit the business traveler, like me, who needs an early work-out. The first night there, the front desk told me the restaurant opened at 5pm, only when I came down, it was locked and closed. I had to eat in the sports bar, which was very loud & crowded with noisy drinkers. One poor overworked server barely got me out of there in time for my meeting. After that, I ordered room service two days in a row, the first day they were late, because they couldn't find me, the second day I ordered the same thing and paid cash, then realized they had forgotten half the items on my plate. By then, I was so disgusted and resigned with the place, I gave up and vowed never to stay in a Ramada again.
The only good thing about the place was the airport shuttle. I took it repeatedly and it was clean, efficient, on-time & the drivers are friendly. Great place to Park & Fly, but don't stay at this hotel to sleep!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

I appologize on behalf of the entire management team here at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport for your unpleasent stay.

Please know that your comments will be addressed with the proper departments so that the required improvements can be made. In regards to the misinformation about the restaurant and unsatisfactory service you were given in the lounge, we are taking immediate steps to resolve those issues. Your experience with the electrical problem in your room and the unsatisfactory service your recieved from the front desk have already been investigated and corrected.

Even though the hotel was built in 1976 and the last major renovation was in 2008, our staff makes every possible effort to ensure our guests have the best possible stay. We have started a $3.5 million renovation that will include the exterior, public space's including the bar and restaurant and the guest rooms to improve the level of service and quality we can offer our guests. We will also be undergoing a brand change to facilitate the new levels of service we will be able to provide.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our shuttle service. I am sure your comment will be posted so the whole department can see what an impact they make.

If there is anything else I can do, or if you would like to give the Ramada Philadelphia Airport a show you the comfort and service you deserve please contact me directly at 610-521-9600 ext. 1167

Reviewed June 14, 2011

If you need a quiet, clean place to sleep this is a good option. Staff is very pleasant. There is nothing upscale about this place. Best part was the staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Ramada Philadelphia Airport.

Please understand that you comments play a pivital role in the services we provide. Since your stay we have made a few changes.

Our new chef Tony DiCarlo is completely revamping all of the menu's to provide a better dining experience. With new, better options, bold flavors and better pricing we hope that more of our guest's can enjoy the convenience of a Restaurant onsite.

Gabriella's Restaurant and the Flier's Lounge are going to be completely redesigned during the $3.5 million renovation that started this month.

The guest rooms will be more convenient and comfortable thanks to the ugraded technology and soft goods. We hope that yoiu will give us another chance to really wow you after the renovations are completed on OCtober 1st, 2012

If you have any questions or need accommodations please don't hesitate to contect me at my desk 610-521-9600 ext.1167 or via email djester@ramadaphl.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!