“Good location and service, but....”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We spent a night in this hotel due to a layover. The hotel has a good location, the shuttle service to the airport is really good, some of the employees give good service, however, the room cleaning and halls cleaning is awful, all the carpets were stained and worn, we found hair in our sheets and bathroom. Cleaning is very important for me, that's why I only rate it with 3

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NuriaTW
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear NuriaTW,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am happy to know that our location worked best for your needs. However, I am sorry for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve our service.

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I came to Philly on a Startup of Eddystone rail terminal we stay at the hotel for one month and it's probably the best customer service I've ever had I used to work at the Embassy and this Hotels customer service far exceeds anything that I've ever seen the owner had a great attitude as well as a front desk agents the shuttle to the airport was very helpful along with random trips to small restaurants. Housekeeping was even able to wash and fold my clothes so I can make my flight in time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. And its minutes away from the city and the airport.

CK

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had to catch a flight today and Ken one of their shuttle drivers came through! Great personality and very informative about the airline I was taking. Thank you Ken for a safe and comfortable shuttle ride to the Airport!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff is wonderful and helpful. The housekeepers do a great job at keeping the aging furniture and carpeting clean. It is next to the Park where you can sit by the river.
It's a bit more expensive than it used to be but I guess the word is out that it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently stayed at the HIE Philadelphia Airport. The location was great and so convenient to the highway and would also be great if you’re flying in/out of the area. The hotel sits on the Delaware River, with beautiful views of the river out the back of the hotel. The hotel seems recently remodeled, as everything seemed new and clean. Check-in was a breeze. However, the desk clerk did not seem to go out of her way to greet me or to acknowledge that I was an IHG Rewards Club member. Although she was pleasant, it seemed like she was preoccupied getting other rooms ready and such. Also, I did not receive a goodie bag upon check-in like I did when I stayed at a HIE in Hollywood, CA. **In that Hollywood HIE, I was given a VIP bag and actually treated as such!** But this front desk had warm chocolate chip cookies, which were a nice treat after a terrible drive in torrential downpour conditions.

Anyways, our room was on the 2nd floor and it was easy enough to get to via stairs or elevators. The room was big enough for our family and had nice comfy cozy beds and nice pillows. The A/C unit did a good job of cooling the room. The flat screen TV had a nice picture. Although there were AC power outlets at the desk, it was tough to find something near the bed itself (to plug your phone in right next to you). Those should be added. The bathroom was a decent size with good hot water flow and curved shower rod. We used the fitness center which had good equipment. There were a few cardio machines and a multi-use stacked weight machine. There is no fan in this room, but there was an A/C unit on the wall by the window. There is a flat screen TV to help you through the workout, as well as a water cooler.

The included hot breakfast buffet provided an excellent value for the stay as we had young kids with us. They could press the button on the pancake maker and a pancake would drop out of the other end – they loved that machine! There was also: hard boiled eggs, egg/cheese omelet, bacon, oatmeal cups with various toppings, cereal, grits, juices, coffee, and various breads for toasting, with jam/jelly spreads. The breakfast staff was very helpful, constantly refilling the food items and checking on the guests. The breakfast area was neat and clean with newer furniture.

I would stay here again if I needed to come back to the Philly area. The price was excellent, as was the location and amenities of the hotel. When we went, there was no charge for overnight parking (one night stay). I’m sure there are park/fly packages available.

Room Tip: Can't really hear the planes taking off from the airport. However, when you go outside, you have...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

In Philli for a couple of days and this was one of the few cheaper/available hotels I could find.

It is pleasant enough in quite a good location by the water. I was initially concerned about the closeness to the landing flight-path, but to be honest I did not hearth noise of the planes.

Anyway. To the title. On leaving the hotel very early in the morning to catch a flight, I got to the airport check-in line to realize that I had left my passport in the hotel room. Made a panic phone call to the hotel. Who quickly found my passport, rang me back to confirm they had it and then rushed it to me in time for my flight.

So a bit THANK-YOU for getting me out of a world of pain!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank StillNoRF
S P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear StillNoRF,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. I have informed my staff of your gratitude on locating your passport and returning it to you in an timely fashion. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

LAKisha Kelly

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I only stayed one night at this hotel but every need I had was met. As I had an early flight out of PHL, it's proximity to the airport was ideal. Upon arrival and departure I was greeted with a warm smile from the staff, which was a nice change from the hotel I stayed at earlier in the week. My third floor room had a view of the marina. I enjoyed relaxing that evening by watching the boats bob on the waves. The building itself is in need of some minor repairs (chipped paint, tub caulking etc.) but it is not "run down" by any means. If you're looking for a comfortable hotel near the PHL airport, the Holiday Inn Express is a winner!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!