“Great place if you have an early morning flight out of PHA”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Clean and updated rooms. Quick and friendly check in and check out. Outstanding value in comparison with other Phila. airport hotels. Book online for best rates. Thumbs up for 24 hour reliable airport shuttle service. The shuttle goes to the airport every half hour.

Room Tip: When this hotel has a low occupancy rate they tend to send everyone to rooms on the first floor. If...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment in regard to your stay at our hotel. Your comments have been posted on our Employee Bulletin board and I made extra copies copies and gave them to our van drivers who were very appreciative of reading your post. Thanks again & I hope we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Comfortable, clean and quite. Everything that you’d expect from the average Holiday Inn Express. Halls are a bit dark and dreary but room was nice. Great place to stay if you’re just looking for rest and relaxation before a flight. Didn’t have a chance to use pool or workout facilities. Airport shuttle runs every ½ hour. Nice restaurant right next door offering reasonably priced dinners.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Your comments have been posted on our Employee Bulletin board and will be shared in our monthly Owners meeting. Your feedback as well as others is extremely important to us as it shows us what we are doing right and where we can approve. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few weeks ago for 6 nights and all was well. Stayed again 2 weeks later and the room was great. Had some issues with one staff member who apparently doesn't know how to make a reservation. Fortunately the co-workers were able to handle the situation. My fellow co-workers and I stay at Holiday Inns about 150 nights a year. We have never had an issue like this, as far as screwing up credit cards, priority cards, rates, and names. The young lady handled herself professionally to fix the problems of another gentleman's mistake. she called Priority Club to help us out. I would recommend the management give proper instructions on how to reserve rooms to certain employees.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your valued input and I was happy to see where your situation was handled to your situation. Also, we are constantly training our staff and we will be addressing your suggestion to find tune our reservation training. Thanks again and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall, I was very happy with my stay. The hotel is very convenient to PHL and offers 24 hour shuttle service which is a great benefit. The rooms are modest, but clean, and very comfortable. I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your valued comments regarding your stay with us. Your comments have been posted on our Employee bulletin board for all to see and they will be discussed in our monthly owners meetings. On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for the positive feedback and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I arrived in town for a business meeting and wanted to check in early to grab a rest before my long day. It was about 10:30 am. I came in and the young man at the counter greeted me with the nicest smile and warmest greeting. He told me he had a room available and checked me right in. Breakfast was over but the lovely lady and gentleman handling breakfast told me to come right over and get whatever I wanted and even offered to go into the kitchen and get me anything I needed. they helped me pack some things to take to my room and encouraged me to call down if I needed anything else. The entire staff is warm and friendly. My room was clean and fresh. I will definately put this in my favorites!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WandaL777
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. On behalf of the entire staff we greatly appreciate the kind words and I will make sure that those mentioned in your review get a copy of it. Our staff is the backbone to our succesful operation and they really do want to please everyone they encounter. Again, thank you and have a great & safe new year.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here last night for New Years Eve and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel to stay at. It was right next to The Deck where we were going for New Years Eve. The rooms were very clean, comfortable beds,hot shower water what more can you ask for. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2012
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

The staff at the hotel greatly appreciates the time you took to write a review on our hotel. It sounds like you had a great New Years Eve and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future! Have a healthy & prosperous New Year!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had business in West Chester, PA. but did not want to fight the morning rush hour traffic to get to my morning flight out of Philadelphia so I looked for a moderately priced hotel near the airport. This Holiday Inn Express is 5 minutes from PHL and is surprisingly quiet, comfortable and clean. The rooms are well appointed and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. It is also one of the more reasonably priced hotels close to the airport. It has easy access to the highway and is on the waterfront if you want to take a stroll out back to enjoy the view. A great location for business travelers needing easy access to the airport and downtown Philadelphia!

Room Tip: I had a first floor room and it was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank suprselr02

On behalf of the entire staff I want to reach out and thank you for taking the time to write your review. I recently printed out your review and distributed it to all the employees. It's very gratifying to see the employee's smile as they read reviews such as yours, I can tell you that they appreciate it very much. Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!