Airport Waterfront Inn
$124
$101
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$129
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdelaware riverwrought iron railingsnear airportwatching planesflat screen tvholiday innworked fineenjoyed my stayriver viewphiladelphia airporthotel is greatcheck in was easytwo queen bedsspacious roomshort drivenice staymicrowave
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Planned a spring anniversary trip to the east coast including a stop in Philly. Wanted something somewhat close to the airport and the Waterfront seemed OK. It is right next to a Holiday Inn Express so do not get confused when checking in as I did. It is set back a bit from the parking lot and the hotel sign is small. The outside leaves much to be desired, needs updating and did I say there are no elevators. We were on the 3rd floor. The room was clean and was kept that way the entire stay. The heater/ac unit in our room needs a new motor but we only had it on while we were awake. The hotel is right on the Delaware river, so there is some scenery and no airport noise at all. Did not partake of the continental breakfast offering (packaged pastries and coffee). There is a Denny's a block away on the old highway. And did I mention there are no elevators.
All in all it was OK. Clean room, close to the airport. That is what counts.

Room Tip: If you stay, get a room on the east side next to the river. Remember NO ELEVATORS!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CalCortez
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Since we visit relatives in the area we've stayed at several hotels in the area, Airport Waterfront is definitely one we'll be back to. Location is great right on the river next to a park. We were concerned when we first arrived about airplane noise, but nothing was heard in the room. Rooms were very basic but clean and comfortable. View was great. We were there on a week night and had no noise issues, but there is a large bar next door that according to relatives is popular on weekends. Breakfast was basic, toast, cereal, coffee, bagels, and you had to take it back to your room since no seating was available in office. Overall we liked the place

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jpyzek
Reviewed May 8, 2014

First question: What do people expect for the price? You have to be realistic when writing a review! Considering all factors, this place deserves 5 stars!!! Big surprise for me after reading the reviews here!
Be ready to search for this hotel when you arrive. I could not find it on Google Maps. Nearly missed it when the cabby could not find it! It's right next to the Holiday Inn and you really have to look for the reception. They are well hidden, but I did find it. ;-)
The staff I meet was extremely friendly and helpful. Yes, the rooms are "dated" but they are EXTREMELY clean and everything works. Lights, hot water, TV, all work fine/perfectly. The TV-remote is hard to figure out, but does work (someone wrote it does not work!).
It was extremely quiet, planes do pass close by, but where no problem for me, as I use earplugs in ALL hotels anyway. I had one of my better sleeps away from home! There is a huge outside bar next door, this could be loud/a problem on friday/saturday nights.
Breakfast: Ok, no seating, but otherwise on a paar with Best Western, LaQuinta etc. Even bagels where available, no pancakes. Someone wrote something about "colorful chemicals". How does that apply to Rice Crispies? There is a choice. I asked about the "breakfast bags" mentioned in reviews, they have been discontinued because: There was one "breakfast on the run" bag provided for every guest. A lot of guest took it apon themselves to help themselves to stuff from the bags not ment for them. One customer actually removed all 16 granola bars from the bags provided!!! I always like to form my own opinion, that is why I asked about this.
There isn't much around here, you will need a car. On the other hand, you are right on the waters edge and there is a park next door.
I would definately stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank SaturdaySoftware
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I knew that this hotel would have just the basics. But here are a few of my thoughts. It took 25 minutes to get the shuttle to arrive at the airport pick-up location. Other hotels had repeating pick ups in that time frame. I had difficulty getting the remote control to switch TV stations. The front office tried to assist me, but to no avail. One of the room lights could not be turned on. (The room after dark is a bit low lit anyway.) New alarm clocks need to be purchased as the one in my room did not work and had burnt out LED images. The chair to the desk was made of faux leather, but that material was all rubbed off to expose the cushioning below it. I stood up eating a bagel in the small main office before I walked over to the holiday Inn Express next door to get the shuttle to the airport. I suppose this was O.K. for me, but unless hard-pressed would probably not take a family there. Sounds like the owner is slowly selling off adjoining properties to divest himself of the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: I chose a room on the first floor furthest away from the noise / restaurant/bar on the other side of the property. This room happened to be 137.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kwebster2
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Headed for Philiadelphia for a convention, and didn't want to spend $250+ per night. This place fit the bill. The rooms were safe, clean & comfortable (Motel 6 +/- ). The staff was nice & friendly. No room issues... Looks like it used to be a Sheraton or a Holliday Inn. Then.. the Hurricane hit. The hotel is right on the Deleware river (nice view outside the room). There were wooden boat docks that were still torn up (closed w/caution signs). Somebody must have walked with the Insurance money.. For a Higher price, there is a Holiday Inn right next door. It's NOT a resort property, just a good place to stay a few nights. The Harrah's Casino is 5 minutes away, with restaurants & good gaming :) Philly is about 20 minutes away if you don't catch "rush-hour"..

Room Tip: We liked our room on the third floor, and asked for a room on the river.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business