Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington
SpringHill Suites
$110
$144
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you're looking for reality-show drama, the likes of which is usually only seen on shows like Cops or The Springer Show, look no further! On an average night, prostitution, drug deals, and white- trash couples arguing the night away are the usual fare. However, if you're lucky, on some mornings you'll be awakened, like my boyfriend and I were this morning, to the door of a neighboring room being kicked in due to someone having killed himself after bolting the door to prevent easy entry! What a treat! I'd never seen a dead body before, so my stay was skanky AND educational! Thanks Motel 6! P.S.-If you stay at the "Philadelphia Airport Motel 6," don't let them put you in room 622 if you would prefer not to sleep in a room where some guy killed himself.

• Stayed: February 2014
7  Thank s1m0n3x14
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have had to sleep at Motel 6 because of a snow storm that cancelled my next flight.
The room I was given was very cold and mostly there were dirty blankets / pillowcases scattered around the room.
I went back to reception and they got me a better room nearby the reception which was at least cleaner.
disappointing...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Pedro F
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I use TA often but in a last minute situation I needed a hotel. Motel 6 was cheap and nearby the airport. This was a terrible choice.

When I opened the door there was a foul odor immediately. The floor and carpeting are musty and dirty. The bathroom had shades of stains as well as the carpet. I kept my socks on at all times. The sheets look used and unwashed. The walls are thin and the whole hotel looks run down. The front desk clerk was brisk and unwelcoming.

I have to think I twice every again to use Motel 6.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ExplorerXYZ
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I booked this hotel for the last night of a two week-tour. The location was close to the airport and we had good experiences with Motel 6, so we did not hesitate to take this motel. This hotel however was very dirty: I found a used tissue under my pillow and hair in my bed, which means that my bed had not been cleaned properly. The next day, my friend woke up full of bites on her body, so there must have been an insect in her bed. The carpet was also very dirty, full of dust and spots.
Luckily, the service was understanding and gave us our money back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marie J
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Carpet hadnt been vacuumed in god knows how long so I wore my socks - those were black with filth and I threw them away before leaving instead of bringing them home to wash. Bathroom was disgusting - obviously hadn't been mopped in ages. Holes in the sides of the mattresses. Only one set of towels was in the room (for a 3 person reservation). Desk didn't care but we went to get more, then decided against showering because the tub and bathroom floor/walls were so dirty. Absolutely nasty. I seriously considered sleeping in the backseat of the rental car, but there was so much parking lot mahem that I didn't. Avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family