Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Hotelpower.com
1,610 results
All reviewsharrah's casinopark and flyroom was cleanphiladelphia airportshuttle serviceclose to the airportwake up callhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The room was nice, clean, comfortable. They were possibly renovating in the hallway or replacing wiring or something because the bottom half of the walls all up and down the hallway was torn up.

Don't like the new optical cards, none of ours worked first try and we all had to go get cards reprogrammed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane M
chris b, Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

We are repairing some walls and ceilings in our North hallways this past week and expect this to be completed by next weekend. Renovations and repairs are an ongoing process with all hotels and I apology for any inconveniences it might have caused.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed at hotels in small town America to 5 star hotels in Germany and Asia over the last 25 years. This was the worst 3 nights, ever! The staff was rude, insolent, uncaring, uninformed and just worthless. The bar & restaurant were not even worth trying. The hotel was in horrible condition. Wyndham needs to get rid of this property. Enough!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Wayne,
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have managers on property to resolve any issues you might have with the staff or our product. We welcome feedback and want to provide the best for our guests.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Upon arriving, the clerk worked out an issue with my Priceline reservation, saving me at least $50. The room was comfortable and clean with so many more pillows than I could ever use. The pool was ust the right temperature for a midnight swim. I had excellent experiences with the shuttle drivers and the staff was responsive.

Just for the record: no hives, no problem with the TV, plenty of towels, instant hot water at the shower and plenty of TP.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked this for a steal on Hotwire. They have a 24 hour airport shuttle and I had no car, so that was important. However, it's not right in the same area as many of the other airport hotels and on my cab ride to the airport area from the city, it took my driver 45 minutes to find the place. Just make sure you emphasize the Garden part of the hotel name, and hopefully you won't have the sort of driver I did, who refused to use GPS! Make sure you tell them first you're going to the airport so you get the flat rate cab fare - I don't want to know what I would have paid for my crazy 45 minute drive if it wasn't for that flat rate. Anyway, once I got there there I got checked in quickly, received a coupon to the restaurant (thought I didn't have time to use it) and got a great room at the non-traffic end of a hallway. This surprised me because I think sometimes on the very clear pre-pay bargain site check ins, you get the crappier rooms. I was happy to have a room off the beaten path that was quiet. The room was very big and I liked that the electrical outlets were accessible near the bed for my phone. The shower was passable. The bed was comfortable, I slept well and the shuttle left right on time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A recent overnight stay at this location was one of the least satisfying stay we have had in years. Had to wait at check in while one employee tried to handle several customers. Employee was pleasant enough. The room had no tissues, the television was not working properly, few channels working and most times and channels displayed "signal unavailable". Beds were a bit too firm and not overly comfortable.
When using the toilet in the bathroom it came off it's base and almost tipped me over, it was not secured properly to the floor, and caulking was smeared around the base as if just an afterthought. Sink was small and set in a table with barely any room to place toiletries. Towels were placed on open shelf under sink, directly next to toilet. Yuck! There were no shelves or other surface to place personal items. Hair dryer was hanging in a cloth bag, from a small, virtually unusable hook on the door. No real place to hang clothing. Towel racks were unavailable also.
When I went to the front desk and advised them there were no tissues and there was a problem with the TV and They were also advised that their complementary Wi-Fi did not work in the room and that it was necessary to come down the hall by the desk to log on. They told me they would get maintenance in to check the problem and take care of the tissue issue. My wife also asked for several more towels as our grandson was staying with us.
While near the desk I heard them addressing some issues with airline employees who apparently use the hotel on a regular basis. One employee stated that they were not a full service hotel and did not have many amenities ( Yep) They did supply a bowl of apples and a large container with ice water and lemon slices. In our room there was only 2 tea bags and no coffee for the coffee maker.
Approximately two hours later after puttying our grandson to bed I returned to the front desk to question why absolutely nothing had been done about the problems we encountered and find out why no one had come to the room. Being informed that she just found out (2 hours later) that they did not have any tissues as they had not received a delivery, was ridiculous. Could they not have informed us sooner? No explanation as to why maintenance had not come to address the tv and internet issues, but they offered to send them at that time! No excuse for the lack of towels as previously requested and I explained that it was unacceptable, so they offered to change the room after speaking to the maintenance person on the phone who apparently related that they had been having problems with the internet. Since my grandson was already in bed they were informed that this was not an acceptable solution. Never got the towels, nor did they offer maintenance to fix the toilet. The employee did offer to get the manager, but at that point it was a mute point and would not work being as late as it was and the issues needed to be resolved much earlier when they were first notified. .
Since we were very tired we just decided to retire and try to get what rest we could.
Hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast or otherwise and for it's rates, is IMHO not worth the price.
Be advised this review is based upon our experience and observation, and my not reflect the experience of other guests.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family