Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,618 results
All reviewsharrah's casinopark and flyroom was cleanphiladelphia airportshuttle serviceclose to the airportwake up callhotel restaurant
Reviewed May 3, 2014

For a huge industry convention at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, I booked a room and sent over three packages with our company products ahead of the time to get ready for the event. When I got to the hotel to check in and pick up the packages, I was told I could only get one package because the other two could not be located. We tracked with the shipping company, all three packages were delivered and signed by a Front Desk staff. With the packages being lost, I could hardly do anything at the convention. The three day event which I've been attending every year for the past thirteen years became a disaster. After more than two weeks' talk with the hotel, they forwarded the case to their insurance company. Then they will settle it for a total of $20, which is $10 per package. Mistreatment, loss or possible stealing of the packages is a physical violation of customers' right already, and such outrageous resolution and irresponsible behavior is a mental violation on top of that. This kind of business operation and management should be announced and denounced to protect the reputation and goodwill of the entire hospitality industry.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank travelaroundtheglobe
chris b, Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Travelaroundtheworld,
The hotel staff did our best looking for your boxes and there were attempts to handle this in house. This kind of situation has never happened before however we have tightened up our receiving procedures because of this to ensure this type of situation will not occur again.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Wyndham for one night during a college visit in Phlly. In the early morning, the fire alarm went off. First of all, we weren't even sure it was the fire alarm - thought it was just a strange noise. We eventually left the room with most of our stuff. There was NO announcements or leadership at all. The front desk simply told people there was a malfunction with the sprinkler system. After waiting about a half hour, I went back up to get the rest of my stuff. No seemed to care. The wing I was in was horribly damaged by water. My basic complaint is that there was no leadership telling us what was going on.

Other things - no food/restaurant. The printer in the business office was not working.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Robert,
I can appreciate your view on Sunday morning, it was confusing however all of the safety systems in the hotel worked exactly as they should. An occupied room had a sprinkler head activated flooding the fifth floor north wing and several rooms below. As soon as the sprinkler head was activated the fire alarm system went off. I was on property that morning and dealt with the fire department and evacuating those in the immediate affected area. Being that it was Sunday morning it took more time to get our sprinkler contractor out to repair the head and recharge the system. By 9am we had a restoration crew on site working on the cleanup. By 10:30 am we had all the fire detection and sprinkler systems back to normal operation. The safety and security of our hotel guests is always a priority and we test these systems utilizing professional companies. Evacuation of a hotel is a general manager’s nightmare and I certainly understand the inconvenience it causes all of our guests, for this I do apologize.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had to visit the area for work. My reservations were made on my behalf, and not at the usual hotels we stay at when in the area. Several of the better hotels were booked, so the pickings were slim; hence I ended up here. The hotel did not look very inviting upon arrival. The back of the building had opened curtains that looked like a storage area inside for all the old equipment. The restaurant advertised served very little on the menu. After a long day of travel, to have the ability to go relax and enjoy a nice dinner without having to leave again, would have been great. The interior of the hotel is not much to be desired. It is in need of updates, and could look a bit cleaner. Upon arrival to my room, the room looked overall clean, however the bathroom was not clean. Sink, toliet and shower looked to be untouched. I also used the iron that evening to prepare for my meeting the next day, something disgusting came out of the iron. Thank goodness my slacks were black! Had I not had a long day of travel, and only staying for one night, I would have called my travel agent and insisted for different accommodations. I will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotel was good. Restaurant was under renovation. Internet was horrible. Could barely connect and speed was slow.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
chris b, Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, we do appreciate your business and feedback. We are in the process of renovating the restaurant area with new tables and chair , lighting and a softer atmosphere. Unfortunately these projects take longer than expected, but we expect to have this done in the next few months.

Reviewed April 28, 2014