“Wyndham Garden Hotel not up to par with other Wyndham branded hotels.”

Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Sayre
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We liked the location next to Denny's. The hotel restaurant was expensive, with slow service, but the food was good. We liked the room, however, had a lot of trouble getting the TV to work. I called the front desk, and they said they would send Engineering to fix it, but they didn't show up. The lobby area and restaurant were under construction, so the ambiance wasn't so great. The room was clean and quiet, and there was plenty of hot water for the shower.
Overall, we were pleased with the value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We greatly appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. I do apologize for the mechanical issue with the TV and the lack of response with the engineer. I have shared your comments with the team. I am glad to hear that the hot water was good. This is one of the most important items for a guest stay. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Woodbridge
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was very disappointed with exterior of the hotel. I was taken back by the old frame and interior halls of the hotel. There was a distinct odor in the halls. The bathroom was horrible and I didn't want to bath myself, yet along my children. It was onld and midrew was present.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your visit with us. I do apologize for the building set up and interior decor. I have shared your comments about the room with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. Thank you again for staying with us.
USA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

One of my friends actually referred me to this hotel. I never used a park and fly serve before. This one is really nice. The king size bed was wonderful. Lots of room space and outlets for plugs charging everything prior to our trip. A couple of things may need to be adjusted. They may want to fix is the shower rod. It was not even and it kept rolling to the middle. And there are at least 4 channels dedicated to ESPN. I saw more sports channels then regular channels. And there weren't even many Philly channels and I was in Philly.

When we arrived back from out trip, we called the hotel for pick up. I was uncertain as to what information I was to provide but the hotel let me know. We waited about 15-20 minutes for a pick up. Not bad. My car was where I parked it and in the same condition I left it. I would try this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. Our goal is to make you into a "repeater". I do appreciate the information as it relates to the shower rod and TV Channels. Our maintenance staff is reviewing them in all rooms to ensure they are tight. On our TV we have recently added the Philly visitor Channel to give guests a good preview of the city and surrounding area. We will also check the channel guide to ensure that the listings of the local Philadelphia channels are well marked. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!